Q. Hello Jordan, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. Everyone now seems to know your face, but no one really knows who you are. How do you feel about that?
- Well I'm hoping people take a minute to get to know me more personally. I'm more than just a great dancer, y'know
Q. How did you wind up getting the gig as Kat anyhow?
- My modeling agency, Charisma Plus 2 hooked me up! My agent was in talks with 343 Industries and when they mentioned the idea, seeing how I'm a self-proclaimed Halo fanatic, she knew who would be perfect for the job! Fortunately I had the right measurements for the suit.
Q. So you have a modeling background, is this the first time you've worn a head-to-toe suit like this one?
- Yes this was the first time! It's always something I've seen and been super jealous of, so I feel extra blessed to be chosen for it (:
And I'm actually looking into making my own suit now!
Q. Are you a Halo Fan?
- Ohhhhhh yes! I grew up with Halo, in fact I only started getting into competitive gaming because of Halo 2! It started when I was invited to a LAN party where I completely sucked. I then decided right then and there I wanted to be the best and needless to say, the following LAN parties were completely dominated by yours truly (:
Q. How does this type of work compare to other jobs you've gotten as a model?
- It's definitely way different. I mean, for one, it was for a game I'm in love with. Plus the whole suit thing was a huge aspect. I'm mostly used to photo shoots, but I'm liking this direction of work
Q. At the 405th, we're no strangers to toughing it out in armor, but could you tell us, what was it like in the first 5 minutes you put on the suit?
-The first 5 minutes... Well I'm not sure if you'll believe me, but I kept looking at my reflection with every piece that was put on, and all I could think of was HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME, it was only after I started walking a little bit that I realized... alright, this suit is a weeee bit heavy and toasty. But it also helped the suit fit me like a glove.
Q. Of course we have to know, how did you feel after the first day of trooping around in it? Were you glad to get it off?
-In all honesty, I didn't want to take it off! I was only supposed to be in the suit for maybe an hour, but I ended up being in it for a few hours everyday, completely by choice. And it was really funny, because when I'd take it off for the day, I'd get back to the convention floor and I was like.... why aren't I being asked to take pictures anymore...? :/ No one was even looking at me at all! And thatís when I realized people only liked me for the suit! Hahah just kidding, but I did miss the constant picture taking and people getting excited over the suit.
Q. What was that suit made from? Seemed to be pretty flexible and rugged, as demonstrated by your dancing video.
-It was some sort of rubber-foamy stuff. I really don't know how to explain it other than that. And I think I made it look easier to move in than it actually was.
Q .Were you asked to research Kat before jumping into the suit?
-I wasn't asked, no. But I did take the extra precaution to do a little research to add to my Halo knowledge, which really did pay off at one point especially. -I was walking around with my boss and someone asked her which number Noble was I, and she didn't know off hand, so I immediately stepped in and motioned I was 2! I'm sure they were impressed
Q. Kat is a pretty tough, never-give-up, don't-mess-with-me kinda chick. How much are you like Kat yourself?
-Well I donít really come off that way on the outside at first glance, but on the inside; Iím a pretty tough cookie! You can definitely see this side of me when Iím gaming. Even more especially when people are trash talking me.
Q. Do you think Microsoft is going to call you back to wear the suit again, and if they do, would you say yes?
-I'm actually under NDA, but I have already been hired back!
Thanks again for chatting with us. I hope you'll find a nice home with the 405th, and we'd all love to see you in Mjolnir again sometime in the future. Noble Team never looked so good!
Thanks! I feel at home already, and looking forward to making some new friends (: