Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Jun 21, 2014, 12:10 PM - Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #1

Hello everyone! I finally have time after all the exams to expend time for my armor!

I started with the helmet (scout) and I notify, Felix has the soldier chest, I will make the scout one because it's easier for me and it's my first armor, some progress here:

Last edited by spartangirl117; Jun 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Pacific Regiment Member HALOSPRTAN's Avatar
    HALOSPRTAN's Xbox Gamertag ThoughtZero3878
    Jun 21, 2014, 12:41 PM - #2

Looking good, nice to hear that you are starting a project. Cant wait for more progress
    Jun 21, 2014, 4:32 PM - #3

It looks like a great start, hope everything goes well for you in your build.
  5. Jun 23, 2014, 6:35 AM - #4

Thanks guys! Here is more progress

6. Jun 24, 2014, 3:57 PM - #5

Helmet is almost finished! Now I will apply masty to fill out the hollows. Tomorrow I will start the forearms (orbital)

7. 405th Regiment Member Officer 405th Southwest Regiment Member WandererTJ's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WandererTJ's Xbox Gamertag Wanderer128
    Jun 24, 2014, 4:08 PM - #6

Hmmm, in a sense it looks like the helmet might be a tad bit small, like it could come further down below your jaw line, I could be wrong though. Part of me is thinking that your nose isn't supposed to be up so high into the facemask area, but seeing as I haven't seen anyone else make that style of helmet, I'm not sure.

How do you think it will fit once you've added padding on the inside so it doesn't flop/move around?

Just trying to be helpful!
    Last edited by WandererTJ; Jun 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM.
  8. Jun 24, 2014, 4:33 PM - #7

Originally Posted by WandererTJ View Post
    Hmmm, in a sense it looks like the helmet might be a tad bit small, like it could come further down below your jaw line, I could be wrong though. Part of me is thinking that your nose isn't supposed to be up so high into the facemask area, but seeing as I haven't seen anyone else make that style of helmet, I'm not sure.

How do you think it will fit once you've added padding on the inside so it doesn't flop/move around?

Just trying to be helpful!
    Dont worry ^^ and yea you're right its a little small because I had some problems with the scaling. About the padding I don't think I will meed a lot so I hope it will fits well.
  9. 405th Southern Regiment Member Demogorgon's Avatar
    Demogorgon's Xbox Gamertag WOLFGANGTHOR
    Jun 24, 2014, 8:13 PM - #8

Originally Posted by spartangirl117 View Post
    Dont worry ^^ and yea you're right its a little small because I had some problems with the scaling. About the padding I don't think I will meed a lot so I hope it will fits well.
    Looks pretty good for your first build. Foam is a bit tricky to get used to. I think if you bumped the scale up on the helmet by 10% it might be perfect, but it doesn't look too bad at the current scale.
  10. Jun 30, 2014, 10:45 AM - #9

After some days here is more progress on the forearms and the magnum M6G!

11. 405th Southern Regiment Member cha0skn1ght's Avatar
    cha0skn1ght's Xbox Gamertag cha0s kn1ght
    Jun 30, 2014, 10:56 AM - #10

Another thing that will help is some sharp X-acto knives or a hot knife. A sharp blade is the difference between a jagged seam and a smooth seam. The overall all shape of the helmet actually looks really good, but it may look small once you get into all of your armor.
    The pistol looks like it's off to a really great start too!
    Keep it up! I'm following your build to stay updated
  12. Jun 30, 2014, 11:03 AM - #11

Originally Posted by cha0skn1ght View Post
    Another thing that will help is some sharp X-acto knives or a hot knife. A sharp blade is the difference between a jagged seam and a smooth seam. The overall all shape of the helmet actually looks really good, but it may look small once you get into all of your armor.
    The pistol looks like it's off to a really great start too!
    Keep it up! I'm following your build to stay updated
    Thanks ^^ but about the knive I don't know why it doestn't cut well because it's very sharp... maybe the foam isn't so good...
  13. 405th Southern Regiment Member cha0skn1ght's Avatar
    cha0skn1ght's Xbox Gamertag cha0s kn1ght
    Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM - #12

Originally Posted by spartangirl117 View Post
    Thanks ^^ but about the knive I don't know why it doestn't cut well because it's very sharp... maybe the foam isn't so good...
    I use something from Xacto called a Z-series blade and it makes super clean cuts. If your knife isn't working out right, just try some alternatives. A hot knife can work really well too.
  14. Jun 30, 2014, 11:40 AM - #13

Originally Posted by cha0skn1ght View Post
    I use something from Xacto called a Z-series blade and it makes super clean cuts. If your knife isn't working out right, just try some alternatives. A hot knife can work really well too.
    Thanks I will look for it
    Jul 1, 2014, 1:40 AM - #14

Awesome job so far, gonna stick with this build because I am excited to see this finished!
  16. 405th Colonial Regiment Member Harri51's Avatar
    Harri51's Xbox Gamertag Harri51
    Jul 1, 2014, 6:11 AM - #15

Looking better. Helmet turned out nice even with the regular blades. Can't wait for more.
  17. Jul 9, 2014, 6:40 AM - #16

Sorry for the late, I've been reading this wonderful book * - *

Well, now! Here you have more advances in armor!

18. 405th Midwest Regiment Member MJPvt Grif's Avatar
    Jul 15, 2014, 2:17 PM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #17

Looks good so far. I'll keep an eye out for progress.

By the way, where did you get the file for the scout helmet? I didn't see one on the 405th share.
  19. Jul 17, 2014, 4:17 AM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #18

Originally Posted by MJPvt Grif View Post
    Looks good so far. I'll keep an eye out for progress.

By the way, where did you get the file for the scout helmet? I didn't see one on the 405th share.
    Thanks And about the file I got it from a friend that I made in instagram: @calicosplay_sr_uriah , he modify the files to make the helmets for foam so I asked him to send me the files.
  20. 405th Southern Regiment Member cayoke's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    cayoke's Xbox Gamertag Cayoke
    Jul 18, 2014, 1:35 AM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #19

Now I haven't tried this yet but apparently you can use latex caulk to fill in the seams on your suit and get smoother parts. Looking good so far though!
  21. Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Jul 21, 2014, 12:07 PM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #20

Build is progressing nicely!

I do think you should switch that utility knife for some scalpel blades though, your cuts will be a lot cleaner!

Keep it up
  22. Jul 21, 2014, 12:16 PM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #21

Originally Posted by cayoke View Post
    Now I haven't tried this yet but apparently you can use latex caulk to fill in the seams on your suit and get smoother parts. Looking good so far though!
    Originally Posted by Flynney View Post
    Build is progressing nicely!

I do think you should switch that utility knife for some scalpel blades though, your cuts will be a lot cleaner!

Keep it up
    Thank you guys
  23. 405th Midwest Regiment Member
    Jul 22, 2014, 2:25 AM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #22

How do you feel about Felix after the last few episodes? :P

Really, though, fantastic work!
  24. 405th Southwest Regiment Member Zero Prime's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Zero Prime's Xbox Gamertag xZero Primex
    Jul 22, 2014, 2:37 AM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #23

Looking good so far, I noticed on the gauntlet some of the edges looked a little rough; something I would recommend to fix that is changing you're blade a little more often, its annoying but trust me it does help out a lot.

Also like Cayoke said latex based, or any 'flexible' calking can help fill in some of those seams and cracks.
    Aug 11, 2014, 12:53 PM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #24

Is that the fault in our stars in Spanish?

Your build is coming along nicely!
    But I would make a suggestion just based on my readings here on the 405th, that you make sure the chest piece fits. There was a lady on here who had made a foam build of Sarah Palmer from Halo 4 (which is also scout armor) and had to wear a binder with her chest plate (it was a male chest plate). I don't know if that was exclusive to her case, or exclusive to the way she sized it or possibly even to scout armor or foam builds. Here thread is over here in the New Recruit forums. (I tried looking for more finished builds of females in male scout armor, but mostly found WIPs. At least, when looking for Sarah Palmer builds.)
    and also I was gonna ask what Saeka went ahead and asked, a haha.
    (The 'How do you feel about what we now know about Felix?')
  26. Sep 12, 2014, 6:11 AM - Re: Felix Red VS Blue (first armor) WIP #25

Originally Posted by Saeka View Post
    How do you feel about Felix after the last few episodes? :P

Really, though, fantastic work!
    Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Looking good so far, I noticed on the gauntlet some of the edges looked a little rough; something I would recommend to fix that is changing you're blade a little more often, its annoying but trust me it does help out a lot.

Also like Cayoke said latex based, or any 'flexible' calking can help fill in some of those seams and cracks.
    Originally Posted by AsphyxiaOrange View Post
    Is that the fault in our stars in Spanish?

Your build is coming along nicely!
    But I would make a suggestion just based on my readings here on the 405th, that you make sure the chest piece fits. There was a lady on here who had made a foam build of Sarah Palmer from Halo 4 (which is also scout armor) and had to wear a binder with her chest plate (it was a male chest plate). I don't know if that was exclusive to her case, or exclusive to the way she sized it or possibly even to scout armor or foam builds. Here thread is over here in the New Recruit forums. (I tried looking for more finished builds of females in male scout armor, but mostly found WIPs. At least, when looking for Sarah Palmer builds.)
    and also I was gonna ask what Saeka went ahead and asked, a haha.
    (The 'How do you feel about what we now know about Felix?')
    Yes it is xD. Btw thanks for the suggestions . And about the questions sorry but I can't answer it cause i didn't saw the last episodes. Btw I have some news about the project. I will make a diferent style of Felix, cause I saw a really good looking fan art: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d41de971a7c5fa7eb2fae325f3c9e74d.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	3829 And aslo because I don't have the time to finish all the armor.
    Tell me what do you think about this idea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how-to-train-your-dragon-2-hiccup-horrendous-haddock-iii-poster (1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	3562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mzw2knqoPS1swtm7ro1_1280.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	994.8 KB 
ID:	3563  
    Last edited by spartangirl117; Sep 20, 2014 at 6:07 AM.