Halo 4 Master Chief Detailed Foam Build - WIP - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello 405th-ers! It's been a while since I've been on here, and I have a project that I've been working on for quite some time to share with you guys!

My goal is simple, to craft a noteworthy and detailed version of Master Chief's armor out of foam, complete with under-suit. I am using the best pepakura files I can find, and whatever details the file doesn't include, and I see them in my reference pictures, will be added manually. The helmet is the only hard part of the suit, I am going the pep-bondo route with it. I will be sewing the under-suit, and it will be sewn with some thicker layers of open-cell foam inside, in order to add some much needed bulk to my 6' 9" skinny self. Progress is as follows:

PROGRESS:
Helmet - Pepped, rondo'ed, smoothing in-progress.
Shoulders - Built, Plasti-dipped, and painted. 100% done.
Biceps - One built, other one has frustratingly gone missing... will have to rebuild.
Forearms - One built, other in progress
Handplates - not started
Chest-piece - Built, partially Plasti-dipped
Thighs - One built
Shins - Not started
Boots - Not started
Undersuit - Not started

I hope to have it done by June, I have been working every night to get them finished. However I will not rush, I will not sacrifice quality for speed. My next post will contain all the pictures of what I currently have done, and the following posts will contain pictures as I progress. I will happily respond to any questions or comments you guys may have. Let me know what you think! :)

Here are the Pictures, as Promised:

Chest-Piece: IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0315.JPG

Shoulders, One w/bicep attached : IMG_0313.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG

Wrist: IMG_0317.JPG IMG_0318.JPG

Thigh : IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0320.JPG

That's what I have done so far, more pics to come as I progress.

WOW! amazing job! I especially love the detail of the back of the chest piece! Great job! did you use 1/2" thick or 3/8" thick foam?

random noob question, but with all the pep files I have found among your posts, do I use the boot pep for both feet as with the thigh, shin, shoulders, forearms and so on as mirror images. IE use for left and right? Just to save me time searching if I don't really need to! cheers
Anakin

Are your forearm pieces big enough for your whole hand to slip through the wrist opening or are they going to be split?

What pep files are you using to make this with foam? If it's your own, can you please share your files with us?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back