Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 8, 2011, 5:57 PM - Hyper's Hayabusa build #1

finished pictures of the Hayabusa on page 17

Well everybody this is my first try at making a full set of armor, Ive made a few helmets so I figured I would try to make a whole suit. Originally I was going to make the MKVI MC armor, but changed my mind and went with the Hayabusa, It has taken me 4 weeks to get to this point in the build, so far I have pep'd all the parts except for the boots, I need to buy a pair of shoes or boots to mount them to, everything has been resined fiberglassed and some parts were hardend with smooth Cast 321, Im currently on the body work phase of the build, and im not looking forward to doing it but luckily my peps were straight so I have very little warping on the parts, I will post pics as I finish them, sorry I did not take pics of the pep'ing and resin stages, Im to lazy to take pictures, plus there are already alot of pics of that stuff on here already. well on to the pics and thanks for checking out my thread

Shins, I have no idea who modeled these, I just chose them because they look more like the refrence pictures

Front

Back of shins

HD Forearms Modeled by Nugget

HD Cod by Crackhead09

HD Shoulders by Robogenius
    Last edited by Hyperballistik; Jun 6, 2011 at 11:58 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Feb 8, 2011, 6:03 PM - #2

Sorry about the double post have more pics
    HD chest by Flying squirll also has the Busa perms taped to the chest still needs hardening

Busa Shoulders by Supertaco, Hand plates by Robogenius, and ab plate

Helmet by Skupilkinson, also modeled the chest perms

Thighs by Crackhead09

All the parts together

Thats it so far for now
    Last edited by Hyperballistik; Feb 8, 2011 at 6:25 PM.
    Blog Entries
    Feb 8, 2011, 6:10 PM - #3

Coming along beautifully. Keep it up and keep posting.
  5. New Recruit
    Feb 8, 2011, 6:22 PM - #4

Looking awesome good job
    Blog Entries
    Feb 8, 2011, 6:42 PM - #5

wow! great job man, thay looks awesome, keep up the great work
  7. 405th Southern Regiment Member
    Feb 8, 2011, 6:59 PM - #6

Cool man! long time since I've seen a hyabu around here.
    Feb 8, 2011, 8:53 PM - #7

Really good, you don't see a lot of hyabusa suits. Probably because of the helmets shape.
    Feb 8, 2011, 9:52 PM - #8

Originally Posted by mitch35542 View Post
    Really good, you don't see a lot of hyabusa suits. Probably because of the helmets shape.
    Tell me about it, Ive made 3 helmets before I got the size right and one with all of the details. I have noticed that there are not to many Hayabusa builds on here

Also thanks for all of the nice comments, Gives me motivation to finish it, I still don't look forward to all the body work, took me 2 days just to get the forearms to where they are right now and im still not happy with them
    Feb 8, 2011, 9:55 PM - #9

An exquisite suit of armor and excellent pepping. Bravo!
    Feb 8, 2011, 11:06 PM - #10

Please finish this, not many of us around. Here is some motiviation....."Goin Busa"

Ithica
    Feb 9, 2011, 12:24 AM - #11

looks great so far! how long it take you to get this far?, oh wait, 4 weeks, nvm... wow, nice job workin fast man!
    get that bondo on!
    Feb 9, 2011, 9:08 AM - #12

Thanks Ithica for the motivation, there really are not to many Busa's around here so I will definantly get this suit done, and Cjsuner unfortunately im at the bondo stage, I'll keep everyone posted
    Feb 9, 2011, 10:26 AM - #13

Still looks good the second day looking at it. My only question is can it fly? Oh and if your going to add those line carvings into the top of the... Flames? What ever those things are.
    Feb 9, 2011, 3:01 PM - #14

Originally Posted by mitch35542 View Post
    Still looks good the second day looking at it. My only question is can it fly? Oh and if your going to add those line carvings into the top of the... Flames? What ever those things are.
    Yeah I'll add those details later when I get to the helmet, I'll probably use either hot glue or that thick craft paint, I can't remeber what its called at the moment
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Feb 9, 2011, 10:06 PM - #15

Dude it looks awesome! I can't wait untill we go to megacon! It's going to be Awsome! Seriously great job!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
  17. 405th Mountain Regiment Member Egam47's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2011, 10:10 PM - #16

this look awesome man keep up the good work turning out really amazing man.
    Feb 16, 2011, 7:08 PM - #17

Update time sorta, I have been sick so I have not been able to get out and do much sanding and bondo work, I had finished the forearms and one shoulder last week, I ventured out today and painted the finished pieces, I still have to add the Hayabusa shoulders to the shoulder piece, the other shoulder just needs a little sanding, I decided to go with red, and I still need to weather the parts but I'll do that later

Feb 16, 2011, 7:27 PM - #18

Looks awesome, can't wait to see it finished.
  20. Captain Recon is offline Captain Recon
    Feb 16, 2011, 8:35 PM - #19

Think you might have a small problem with those Hayabusa shoulder perms. You haven't removed the basic Mk VI parts from the bicep, meaning they'll be taking up the space where the Hayabusa shoulders should sit. Take a look at the references in the Wiki.
    Feb 16, 2011, 8:50 PM - #20

Originally Posted by Captain Recon View Post
    Think you might have a small problem with those Hayabusa shoulder perms. You haven't removed the basic Mk VI parts from the bicep, meaning they'll be taking up the space where the Hayabusa shoulders should sit. Take a look at the references in the Wiki.
    They don't take up that much room honestly, check out ithica's on the first page, they worked out really well with the mark vi still on
    Feb 17, 2011, 1:38 PM - #21

I actually going to mount the busa shoulders to the MKVI shoulder plate, I couldn't think of any other way to mount them without serious modifications, but if you have any ideas Im willing to listen, I belive the shoulder may stick out a little mounted to the MKVI shoulder
    Feb 17, 2011, 2:36 PM - #22

This is looking great, and in such a short amount of time. Wow!
  24. Captain Recon is offline Captain Recon
    Feb 17, 2011, 2:40 PM - #23

Originally Posted by Pipinacan View Post
    They don't take up that much room honestly, check out ithica's on the first page, they worked out really well with the mark vi still on
    I took a look and, I have to say... no offense to Ithica at all, since his work is quite stunning, but those shoulders really don't look good mounted in that fashion.

Originally Posted by Hyperballistik View Post
    I actually going to mount the busa shoulders to the MKVI shoulder plate, I couldn't think of any other way to mount them without serious modifications, but if you have any ideas Im willing to listen, I belive the shoulder may stick out a little mounted to the MKVI shoulder
    I do have some ideas. After looking at the armour the shoulder is based off of (shogun armour), it appears that you could quite easily attatch the upper piece to your under-armour and have the lower attatched to your bicep piece. The middle would then be attatched to a piece of elastic running between the two, and this would allow the best range of movement.
    Feb 17, 2011, 2:41 PM - #24

Your armor looks really good! keep up the excellent work!
    Feb 17, 2011, 3:33 PM - #25

I took a look and, I have to say... no offense to Ithica at all, since his work is quite stunning, but those shoulders really don't look good mounted in that fashion.

I do have some ideas. After looking at the armour the shoulder is based off of (shogun armour), it appears that you could quite easily attatch the upper piece to your under-armour and have the lower attatched to your bicep piece. The middle would then be attatched to a piece of elastic running between the two, and this would allow the best range of movement.
    I hardened the insides of the busa shoulders with smooth cast 321 so they have a little weight to them. I see what your saying about mounting it to the under armor but I think the weight of the shouder pieces will force them to hang down, I was thinking about cutting out some of the MKVI shoulder plate and mounting in a strip of metal to contor to the shape of my arm also to prevent the shoulders from sticking out to far but thanks for the Idea Captain Recon I will still keep it in consideration