Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    reiseman's Xbox Gamertag reiseman
    Nov 10, 2013, 9:08 PM - reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #1

Earlier this year I found Rainbow Dash's Ultra thread and went to work. I also had files made by Satchmo III and Flying Squirrel, so I figured I had plenty of material to choose from. So using Dash's file I unfolded I began with the left shoulder. It is quite large. The pep part is 19" top to bottom. and I definately do not have the bicep muscle to fill up the space. So here are a few pictures of the pep/foam shoulder armor.
    For the foam underarmor I just cut out the pieces (minus flaps) I thought were important and made them work. I also left a space open on the backside so resin can be poured in to coat the inside. I will probably cut a larger access to the inside so I can put down some mat in the resin. Also, after reading up on Predator costume creation on the Hunters Lair.com, I will probably go with an Incredible Hulk costume for the undersuit. Should help fill up the space. I also finished the Ultra helmet. It's pretty cool.
    Here are a few more for size comparison.
    There is alot more to do... hope I can stick it out.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Nov 11, 2013, 3:16 AM - #2

Very neat work, I'm liking it. I know you say about using a Hulk undersuit, but do you plan to add any detail as the elites always have a lot of skin/muscle showing? That was one of the main things that stopped me from choosing to do it.
  4. 405th Southern Regiment Member Halo Master's Avatar
    Halo Master's Xbox Gamertag FARTINSPARTAN2O
    Nov 11, 2013, 8:47 AM - #3

Very nice. This is the 1st Elite build I have seen on here. If it isnt can you link me to that one? It seems like you will have to build onto your body like the neck to make it look proportionate. Keep it up!
  5. 405th Pacific Regiment Member FlusherCape26's Avatar
    FlusherCape26's Xbox Gamertag FlusherCape26
    Nov 11, 2013, 12:32 PM - #4

Hey I'm trying to make a halo fan film with some friends would you be willing to share your elite pep file
    Nov 11, 2013, 9:46 PM - #5

Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
    Very neat work, I'm liking it. I know you say about using a Hulk undersuit, but do you plan to add any detail as the elites always have a lot of skin/muscle showing? That was one of the main things that stopped me from choosing to do it.
    well, I don't know how sucessful I will be, but I found on the "Predator" site www.thehunterslair.com there are a couple of examples of texturing and painting a costume undersuit. I plan on giving it a try.

Originally Posted by ()HaloMaster() View Post
    Very nice. This is the 1st Elite build I have seen on here. If it isnt can you link me to that one? It seems like you will have to build onto your body like the neck to make it look proportionate. Keep it up!
    I'm not sure how to "link" but if you go up to the search box and type in "RB's elite ultra armor build" it will come up. As for the head/neck, I have a file by Flying Squirrel. Hoping I can make a silicone mask from it, not sure how it might work yet, but I would like to have the elite head instead of mine.
    Dec 3, 2013, 9:12 PM - #6

On to the forearms. The foam.

Add the pep outer to see how it fits.

Put the pieces together to make larger sections on the second one. Also made a much cleaner piece.

Finished foam forearms

The pepped outer needed to be drawn into the foam. So I glued in some small foam spacers right in the middle. The pep now looks better, a more wrapped look.

And the completed forearms before resin.

I plan on waiting until I have the thigh pieces done before I start foam sealing and resin/bondo work.
    Dec 5, 2013, 7:09 PM - #7

Not sure if I noticed this thread before, I guess not. ^^ But now you have my attention.
    Glad to see someone is working on an Elite. I kinda like the idea of using foam AND pepakura, I hope the whole armor won't get too heavy in the end. That's the cool thing with foam armors, they're super lightweight. Also, do you plan to make stilts for your costume?
    Subscribed!

Originally Posted by ()HaloMaster() View Post
    Very nice. This is the 1st Elite build I have seen on here. If it isnt can you link me to that one?
    Well it's not really a build thread yet, more like a pretty neat collection of files and ideas of how it could be done. ^^ But here's the link. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...ra-Armor-Build
    Last edited by rainbow dash; Dec 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM.
    Dec 5, 2013, 7:33 PM - #8

Yes, I thought about the weight of a fully resined suit and decided no. So since the model has outer and under armor parts, it made sense. I will have to work out the foam/pep ratio on the torso but it should work. As to the stilts? Yes, I have almost all of the fasteners and have found the sintra on amazon and a local metal sales for the aluminium. Thanks again for posting up the model.
    Dec 5, 2013, 9:43 PM - #9

So you plan on using those reverse joint stilts? Ive seen rd's thread but the name got away from me
    Dec 5, 2013, 9:53 PM - #10

Originally Posted by Chainsaw ninja View Post
    So you plan on using those reverse joint stilts? Ive seen rd's thread but the name got away from me
    I believe you are referring to DetigiGrade Stilts?
    Dec 5, 2013, 9:56 PM - #11

Yes! Thats it!
    Aug 22, 2014, 8:46 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #12

Did Flying Squirrel have some files too? His were the ones I used for my son's masterchief build. Any links to them?

Also, did the standard sizing work out well? I always have trouble and need to do the sizing by trial and error.

Looking forward to starting my son's Halloween costume. Your progress gives me hope!
    Aug 23, 2014, 7:50 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #13

I'm not sure if Flying Squirrel has any files, the ones I have collected are from Rainbow Dash...Satchmo III...and Missing Spartan 7. As far as the sizing, so far the ones I have printed have been for an Elite that is 2m tall. If it doesn't fit well, I adjust it as I go. That is the beauty of foam,

edit: Yes flying Squirrel has elite files...I overlooked them earlier. They are in a file "405th pep pack 1.7"
    Last edited by reiseman; Aug 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM. Reason: information correction
    Aug 23, 2014, 8:26 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #14

Hello 405th... I have been working on the Ultra...when life permits. I'm sure everybody understands that. And I do plan on building the Digi Stilts. I have the fasteners and the sintra just need some aluminum. Anyway here are a few pics. Got one thigh pepd and foamed and the front of the torso. Working on the back/ rear of torso now.
    The torso is huge. My puny human head barely sticks out through the opening. So we will have to see where this build goes. Wish me good fortune....Thanks.
    Aug 23, 2014, 8:48 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #15

How many pieces are in that chest piece! wow...lots of good work there.
  17. 405th Australian Regiment Member Black Underdog5's Avatar
    Black Underdog5's Xbox Gamertag Black Underdog5
    Aug 23, 2014, 9:33 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #16

Wow that chest piece looks so good
    Subbed
    Aug 23, 2014, 10:46 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #17

Originally Posted by Masternewbie View Post
    How many pieces are in that chest piece! wow...lots of good work there.
    Yea, I'm not a unfolding for foam guru, so I used regular pep pieces minus flaps for my form. Some were taped together to make larger. The lines were added more for my benefit than necessity.
    Originally Posted by Black Underdog5 View Post
    Wow that chest piece looks so good
    Subbed
    Thanks mate. It's proven to be a huge challenge.
  19. 405th Midwest Regiment Member PlayByMyOwnRule's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aug 24, 2014, 10:33 AM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #18

Looking good! I always love to see Elite builds and yours is fantastic! I am definitely subscribing to this tread.
  20. 405th Pacific Regiment Member anhtrung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    anhtrung's Xbox Gamertag keyesvn
    Aug 24, 2014, 11:13 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #19

Another elite build. Look so good man. I love it
    Aug 25, 2014, 4:30 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #20

OMG! This looks so damn impressive! I'm happy you uploaded some progess pics! It's normal that your head barely sticks out of the torso. Otherwise it wouldn't be an elite!
    What file did you use for the torso? There's a cleaned up version for the Elite Ultra that Crimmson did a while ago! http://www.mediafire.com/view/6ye967...a_armor_V3.obj Still needs to be unfolded, I didn't find the time to do it yet. Just to let you know. It may be a little easiere, those are a lot of foam pieces you're using there.
    Aug 25, 2014, 7:58 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #21

Originally Posted by PlayByMyOwnRule View Post
    Looking good! I always love to see Elite builds and yours is fantastic! I am definitely subscribing to this tread.
    Thanks. I check each day to see if someone has started a build. So many ODST's and Spartans...not enough Sangheili. I work on it when I can, but I am determined to finish.
    Originally Posted by anhtrung View Post
    Another elite build. Look so good man. I love it
    Thanks. I'm trying to keep it as close to the model on Rainbow Dash's thread, as I can.
    Originally Posted by rainbow dash View Post
    OMG! This looks so damn impressive! I'm happy you uploaded some progess pics! It's normal that your head barely sticks out of the torso. Otherwise it wouldn't be an elite!
    What file did you use for the torso? There's a cleaned up version for the Elite Ultra that Crimmson did a while ago! http://www.mediafire.com/view/6ye967...a_armor_V3.obj Still needs to be unfolded, I didn't find the time to do it yet. Just to let you know. It may be a little easiere, those are a lot of foam pieces you're using there.
    Thanks mate. It's a little rough, since I used smaller pieces. But I have watched EVAkura's tutorials on foam and I hope to put his teachings to use. Yea, I think I saw his torso after I started. I'm using the torso from the 2m full armor set on your elite thread. Since the armor is all scaled together, once I make the Digi Grade Stilts, I should be just over 2m tall. Guess that's cheating a bit on scaling each part separately to fit me. But the armor will look correct. I will look small in it, I'm sure.
    Aug 25, 2014, 8:11 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #22

It was the torso Arcanine created, not the set by Crimmson. My mistake.
    Sep 8, 2014, 8:06 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #23

A few more photos... this time the back half of the torso.

And propped up against the front half (before I rolled the edges up and under).

Also finished the front section of the lower connector.

Side shot looks strange, I didn't have anything handy that was tall enough to support it properly.

I am almost finished with the back and the lower connectors, so I should have the two halves together by the weekend. Thanks for looking.
  25. 405th Australian Regiment Member Alkatraz's Avatar
    Sep 8, 2014, 9:16 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #24

Great foam work I can't wait to see where this goes and how you will do the legs and hands.
    nikolojedison's Xbox Gamertag nikolojedison
    Sep 8, 2014, 10:15 PM - Re: reiseman's Elite Ultra build... it's a start... pics included #25

Your foam skills make me want to try foaming with the 10 EVA tiles I have in my basement... so pretty...
    Like @Alkatraz said, I'm really interested in how the legs and hands are gonna happen. How much LED detail do you plan on doing?