Hey everyone, been a while since I posted a build. I've had 4 total, 2 of which have links in my sig. I also have a H4 MC foam build. I've been to SDCC and Wondercon with it. However this time around I've been wanting to update my Spartan III suit so I'm going to try to keep track and update it here. I'm hoping to get this done for Wonder-Con in Anaheim, Ca next month and ultimately San Diego Comic-Con
The helmet I pepped from RoadWarriors MKV-b file (Reach version of the MKV). That's been fiberglassed and sitting on my porch. I'll post pics of it later. The next thing was the chest.
Now instead of pepping this, most of my suit is going to be foam. So instead of printing out and tracing templates onto the foam I took another route that Spacemeat tried and has been doing that's pretty awesome. I took the pep file (after sizing it to me) and Spacemeat took me to a hobby shop that houses some lazer cutters. Long story short I was able to lazer cut the pieces out of the foam in about 5 minutes of cutting time. It took a bit longer to get setup. See video and pictures below. At the moment they're still sitting within the sheet they were cut from. Hopefully this week I'll have time to start gluing some together.
This is the lazer cutter used.
You can see the little red dot, this is where the cutting is taking place. I put a 2'x2' sheet of Cross Linked Polyethylene foam (closed mini cell foam). This is the foam I've used for all my builds.
I'll throw up some pictures of the result when I get home this evening. Just wanted to get his thread started before I forget again.