Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 10, 2011, 7:23 PM - Sepheus 13's Foam and Pep Halo Reach armor WIP #1

Well, hello there 405th.. I hope you having a great day whenever your reading this post. My online alias is Sepheus 13 it came with a mixture of the name Sepheroth, and my teenage "wit". I'm not sure where the 13 came from, it could be from me being 13 at the time, or my lucky number was 13, anyways. I stuck by it, well. Thats enough about me for now. I know why your all here, so without a further adieu here is my armor so far.

Some of you may recognize some of these pieces, I did have a thread a while ago, but it died and I didn't have alot of stuff ready to present, (I hate when people start a thread with only a little amount of work done, so I saved all my progress)

All the Pep'ed items:

The Biceps (I will most likely re-do them in foam, they are a little small for me)

My 99.9% done forearms, I may repaint the left one, add more battle damage

and my two thighs. One resined, one not

I have two shins, But they are a little small. Usable but small so I'm going to remake them in foam, I also have an ODST bicep that im going to use.

Now for the foam Item. this was my first time EVER using foam to make an armor piece, i am extremely happy with the way it turned out. im not 100% done with it. im going to add some more detail.

It originally looked like this!

The finished product then turned out to be this!

This is me wearing the torso piece

Back

If the camera quality is bad or not centered, then I apologize. Its kinda hard to use a camera with a broken screen

Well until next time 405th!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 10, 2011, 9:21 PM - #2

Great detail with the torso especially on the back. For jumping back in on the build you already have quite a nice start. Have you decided on a helmet or are you waiting to see the completed armor?
  4. Member Since
    May 2011
    May 10, 2011, 10:04 PM - #3

wow that is pretty nice any tips to a newb pep/foam builder? did you pep out the torso THEN foam it? or just build it in foam? how did you adjust your pepping to make it work out? I tried a thigh and well, it looks ok, but its not accurate lol.
    May 10, 2011, 11:01 PM - #4

Your torso is looking very good. I hope I could make my armor look as good as yours.
    May 11, 2011, 12:59 AM - #5

Thanks guys,

Originally Posted by Satchmo III View Post
    Great detail with the torso especially on the back. For jumping back in on the build you already have quite a nice start. Have you decided on a helmet or are you waiting to see the completed armor?
    Thanks, the back took about two times as long as the front cause of all the detail, and I'm going to do my Halo Reach Spartan, It has a scout helmet and Iv'e already started to pep it, but I'm putting that on hold. I'm going to do my helmet last - sorry if that made no sense. :D

Originally Posted by B1TMAP View Post
    wow that is pretty nice :D any tips to a newb pep/foam builder? did you pep out the torso THEN foam it? or just build it in foam? how did you adjust your pepping to make it work out? I tried a thigh and well, it looks ok, but its not accurate lol.
    What I did was use L3X BLU3R1V3R's foam templates for the torso
    http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...ight=BLU3R1V3R
    I did alot of the shapes with the templates but I free handed alot of the minor details and some pieces, also always keep your X-acto blade sharp, when it starts to get dull it starts to tear the foam, not giant rips just small tears that for me bothered me... ALOT.

I took the day off today from any armor progress, hopefully I'll have some tomorrow!
    Until next time!
    May 17, 2011, 12:27 AM - #6

I'm double posting, yes. but no one commented after that post and I think this thread could use a little bit of a bump.

I haven't done much in the last weekend. Well I have these sudden bursts of creativity, I think this one happened cause I got PAX Badges and I thought "I only have 3 more months" So I got crackin'

I made this Cod piece only today so its not the best, I plan to add a lot more detail

This is me wearing it

and the front

and the Back (and yes that is an RPG :D I can post pictures of it if you want.)

I have to give credit to Calladar for creating a "pocket" for a phone/ camera. I hope he doesn't mind me using his idea, Of course his is 10000x better than mine, I was rushing.. (sorry for the blur, My camera is broken)

and this was a quickie hand plate, no where close to what the final product will be.

sometime this week I will have a Weekly update video to give more of a visual to everything.

well, Until next time 405th!

Jun 13, 2011, 12:50 AM - #7

Well I sure love TRIPLE posting :D. anyways its been a while, and I wouldn't have triple posted if some one had commented on my thread. I think this post deserves well a post because its a huge update. And I mean HUGE

So. this weekend I got cracking again. and look what I did! (I got a kat to model my armor) - hehe.. halo joke

So.. What I did this lovely weekend was
    Friday, Friday...: Paint the torso. took most of the day.
    Saturday: Admire said torso and make two thighs and a shin then paint one of those said thighs
    Sunday: paint the other thigh, shin and codpeice, and then post this on the 405th :D

here is a close up of all the pieces.
    the chest

The back

Thighs

Shin

Forearms

Biceps

cod peice (and kitty)

So this next week I hope to have my other shin done... and then onto my helmet. I'm so close! and im really lucky too. I'm on my last sheet of foam.

Well untill next time 405th!
    Jun 13, 2011, 9:43 AM - #8

Wow your suit looks great. Like the color. Did you use plasti dip before you paint?
    Jun 13, 2011, 10:19 AM - #9

Nice job! That was a lot since last update o_O. Nice paint job aswell. And btw that cat is awesome.
    Blog Entries
    Jun 13, 2011, 10:23 AM - #10

That's some really nice work you've done. I love the weathering, now just get that helmet done! Good job!
  12. 405th Southern Regiment Member vshore100's Avatar
    vshore100's Xbox Gamertag Vshore100
    Jun 13, 2011, 10:24 AM - #11

Some one was busy this weekend,lol. Nice job on everything. Now put that stuff on and lets see a pic or two. I don't think the cat will fit so you're gonna have to be the model this time,lol!
    Last edited by vshore100; Jul 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM.
  13. 405th Pacific Regiment Member LongShot-X's Avatar
    LongShot-X's Xbox Gamertag LongShot XX
    Jul 27, 2011, 12:07 PM - #12

Agreed. Lets see some MJOLNIR spartan poses from your hard earned work.
    Well done too!
    Blog Entries
    Jul 28, 2011, 9:39 AM - #13

Originally Posted by Sepheus 13 View Post

and the Back (and yes that is an RPG I can post pictures of it if you want.)
    I'm more interested in that pile of laundry. Could you post pictures of that?
    Jul 28, 2011, 9:57 AM - #14

that is just epic. and lulz^^^^^
    but i noticed you didnt include two triangles in the bottom front of the chest connecting the two strap things that go under the arm. was that intentional???
    Jul 28, 2011, 10:00 AM - #15

Great work sir. Looking forward to seeing it complete. Reading your post gives me hope for the future. It is great to see a young cat that spells and uses grammar correctly. Thank you for taking the time to keep us up to date on your WIP and taking the time to make it enjoyable to read.
    Last edited by tReXXXan; Aug 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM.
    Aug 4, 2011, 4:32 PM - #16

Your custom armor looks pretty good dude!
    Aug 5, 2011, 12:10 AM - #17

Oh, man! thanks guys! I was thinking of letting this thread die, and I come back and it has like 3 or 5 more replies and like 800 views! I love this feeling :D

TD2253
    Your custom armor looks pretty good dude!
    hellome
    Nice job! That was a lot since last update o_O. Nice paint job aswell. And btw that cat is awesome.
    SpartanRogue1
    That's some really nice work you've done. I love the weathering, now just get that helmet done! Good job!
    Thanks guys, its comments like this that really keep me going. I don't think a lot of people actually realize that the best inspiration comes from peers complimenting your progress!

LongShot-X
    Agreed. Lets see some MJOLNIR spartan poses from your hard earned work.
    Well done too!
    vshore100
    Some one was busy this weekend,lol. Nice job on everything. Now put that stuff on and lets see a pic or two. I don't think the cat will fit so you're gonna have to be the model this time,lol!
    I will do it real soon (maybe tonight) I just have to secure everything together somehow without my buckles yet.

Jonus
    I'm more interested in that pile of laundry. Could you post pictures of that?
    awww... well that's just a bunch of towels :D

that is just epic. and lulz^^^^^
    but i noticed you didnt include two triangles in the bottom front of the chest connecting the two strap things that go under the arm. was that intentional??
    Well, they really put the chest away from my body and I personally didnt like the look. So I removed that, so there wasn't any empty space in between my body and my armor

tReXXXan
    Great work sir. Looking forward to seeing it complete. Reading your post gives me hope for the future. It is great to see a young cat that spells and uses grammar correctly. Thank you for taking the time to keep us up to date on your WIP and taking the time to make it enjoyable to read.
    Thank you, I personally dislike it when people don't use proper grammar. it annoys me because the way I see it is. It's not that hard to use it.
    Aug 5, 2011, 1:36 AM - #18

lookin good.. nicely done on the "pocket" looks like it fits perfectly.
    Aug 6, 2011, 12:16 AM - #19

well heres what you asked for, a picture of me fully costumed. (please keep in mind that it is not 100% completed.)

Last edited by Sepheus 13; Aug 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
    Blog Entries
    Aug 6, 2011, 12:58 AM - #20

complete or not, it looks pretty good. (Despite the towel-less laundry basket)

Is that a Reach 360 I see?
  22. 405th Southwest Regiment Member Zero Prime's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Zero Prime's Xbox Gamertag xZero Primex
    Aug 6, 2011, 1:03 AM - #21

Originally Posted by Sepheus 13 View Post
    well heres what you asked for, a picture of me fully costumed. (please keep in mind that it is not 100% completed.)

That is increadable you know it is builds like yourse that remind me why we do what we do. i cant wait to see this 100% compleate
    Aug 6, 2011, 1:09 AM - #22

Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    complete or not, it looks pretty good. (Despite the towel-less laundry basket)

Is that a Reach 360 I see?
    Thanks! In these pictures it seems the helmet is huge, but it barely fits on my head so I'm pretty sure its the right size. I do need to rig the chest better, hopefully that will change the way the helmet looks. and its a cardboard filled basket, does that count?

and yes it is. I bought the Reach xbox and the Reach legendary edition, because for my birthday a long time ago I got a Halo 3 xbox, and I also bought myself the Legendary version. so I wanted to keep that trend alive. and I may do that with Halo 4. but it might not be the same without Bungie. but we will see.
  24. Member Since
    May 2011
    Aug 6, 2011, 1:48 AM - #23

yeah the chest sits a bit low in the front and thats what is making the helmet feel that way. Looks awesome, definitely puts a fire under my butt to finish something on my build.
    Aug 6, 2011, 11:47 AM - #24

for your first time using foam you did an outstanding job. Im looking around trying to find that foam but i cant find it anywhere.
  26. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Aug 6, 2011, 7:37 PM - #25

Originally Posted by m3ntalrock View Post
    for your first time using foam you did an outstanding job. Im looking around trying to find that foam but i cant find it anywhere.
    Harbor Freight - Gray, usually 4 for around $9-10
    Walmart - Sporting goods, Gold's Gym brand, Black, 6 for $19
    Sam's Club - Multicolor or Gray packs of 8, $22