Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 18, 2010, 5:04 PM - Warhammer 40k Dark Angels Space Marine #1

Hey, I'd first like to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and I recently discovered how much fun Pepakura is. I've played Warhammer 40,000 for 5 years or so now (the REAL game, not DOW, I'm talking about spending paycheck after paycheck on plastic parts to assemble and paint) and my first army was the Dark Angels of the Space marine race. I've also played Post-heresy Death Guard, but I've always have more love for my angels. Ever since I first got a Space Marine miniature I've wanted a life-sized suit of Power Armor, and now thanks to the art of Pepakura... My dream is becoming a reality!

I'm starting with the helmet first. It took me around 3 days to pep this because I wanted it to look PERFECT, and in my eyes, it is. Currently (as of 11-18-10) I have the helmet resined and awaiting a Rondo slush-cast. I'd have pictures of that too but I'm not going to take them until I rondo the inside... and i can't do that beause it's Flipping FREEZING outside!! So here's a little teaser:

So those last two pictures are just to show the helmet jewel that was included with the Pepakura file. I highly doubt I'm gonna put it on the helmet though because I have NEVER seen a Dark Angel with a jewel on his forehead, it's more of a Space Wolves thing. Oh! By the way, credit for the Pepakura file goes to Nintendude. If you want to download the file to make yourself one go here: http://pepakuracollection.wikia.com/...mmer_Pep_Files

P.S. If you think the helmet is easy and you can whip it out in a day... you a VERY wrong! Trust me..
    Last edited by NayrDeathExperience; Nov 18, 2010 at 8:29 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Nov 18, 2010, 6:33 PM - #2

pics won't show up. Try photobucket.
    Nov 18, 2010, 6:47 PM - #3

I used photobucket. I tryed to add them to my post using the little insert image button then copyed and pasted the url in the box. Is that not how you do it?
    Nov 18, 2010, 6:52 PM - #4

Until someone explains to me how to add pictures to my posts, Go here to see my progress on this project: http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...athExperience/
    Nov 18, 2010, 7:00 PM - #5

Well from your album pics that is a very clean pep I don't see any warping at all, not a huge warhammer fan but it looks good!

also to insert images you want to use the IMG code if you highlight a picture in your album you can just copy and paste it

[I MG]http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Omega-x11/Sith.jpg[/IMG]
    I put a space between I and MG so you could see what it looks like!

Welcome to the community!
  7. Nintendude is offline Nintendude
    Nov 18, 2010, 7:06 PM - #6

Ok just to let you know I love your progress so far always check your measurements to the files and I don't suggest you use the arm or leg parts I have on my site, Lunar Lord only helps me by uploading my files to the Wikipedia but the files there except for the ones in the Etc. Area and a couple in the Star Wars the rest of the files are my creations. Instead check with Chwbcc or Samuray on here for building the arms and legs armors.
  8. Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Nov 18, 2010, 7:18 PM - #7

looks nice bro!
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:20 PM - #8

@Omega Ravager: Thank you so much for eveything, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!
    @Nintendude: I apologize for giving credit to the wrong person, I'll edit that and give you credit right away.
    @Savage22: Thanks, I'm happy to hear it!

I'm gonna edit that post now and attempt to put the pics on it!
    ~*~EDIT: 11-18-10~*~ The pictures of the helmet are now on my first post. Thanks again to Omega Ravager for explaining to me how to add photos!
    Last edited by NayrDeathExperience; Nov 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM.
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:41 PM - #9

Awesome, another Dark Angels fan!
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:46 PM - #10

Originally Posted by Ral Partha View Post
    Awesome, another Dark Angels fan!
    Yeah! Thought you were the only one did ya? Lol
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:49 PM - #11

Originally Posted by NayrDeathExperience View Post
    Yeah! Thought you were the only one did ya? Lol
    Yeah. I read somewhere that the number of people assembling a Dark Angels army is dwindling pretty rapidly compared to the other chapters. But how can anyone not like its back story?
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:51 PM - #12

Yeah. I read somewhere that the number of people assembling a Dark Angels army is dwindling pretty rapidly compared to the other chapters. But how can anyone not like its back story?
    So true, I mean we are the first after all.
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:56 PM - #13

So true, I mean we are the first after all.
    The original "Angels of Death." LOL! Anyway, I'm looking forward to your updates.
  15. Nintendude is offline Nintendude
    Nov 18, 2010, 8:57 PM - #14

That's new info to me I thought the UltraMarines were first.
    Nov 18, 2010, 9:00 PM - #15

Originally Posted by Nintendude View Post
    That's new info to me I thought the UltraMarines were first.
    I must admit that this is the first time I heard that the Ultramarines were the first of the original twenty legions.
    Nov 18, 2010, 9:09 PM - #16

According to my codex, the Ultramarines were the 13th.
    Nov 18, 2010, 9:20 PM - #17

According to my codex, the Ultramarines were the 13th.
    Ultramarines were the 13th legion but not necessarily the 13th to be formed. Horus was the first primarch to be discovered by the Emperor and yet his Luna Wolves were the 16th legion. I haven't come across any literature that describes the formation timeline of the legions.
  19. New Recruit
    Nov 18, 2010, 9:31 PM - #18

Ultramarines were the 13th legion but not necessarily the 13th to be formed. Horus was the first primarch to be discovered by the Emperor and yet his Luna Wolves were the 16th legion. I haven't come across any literature that describes the formation timeline of the legions.
    Eh, agreed. As far as I know, the closest explanation in the canon is that the number of the legion simply corresponds to whatever number was etched into the incubator of the corresponding primarch (in either False Gods or Galaxy in Flames; whichever one features Horus in his coma/spirit vision).
    Nov 18, 2010, 9:35 PM - #19

Originally Posted by TheOtherDoc View Post
    Eh, agreed. As far as I know, the closest explanation in the canon is that the number of the legion simply corresponds to whatever number was etched into the incubator of the corresponding primarch (in either False Gods or Galaxy in Flames; whichever one features Horus in his coma/spirit vision).
    That makes sense. I haven't read those two books yet but I think it's time to check them out.
  21. New Recruit
    Nov 19, 2010, 12:51 PM - #20

That makes sense. I haven't read those two books yet but I think it's time to check them out.
    I'm a little behind myself, on account of becoming poor of late. Kids will do that I guess.

At any rate, that's a great looking helmet; I'm currently working on my first pep (trying to do a Mark VI for my son for next Haloween - getting the scale right is tough for him, on account of him being reed-thin and still growing in a weed-like manner). The space marine helm is on my list of things to do, somewhere after the Mark VI, between an ODST helmet and T-51b helmet build. I can only hope that it looks as remotely good as yours when done.
    Nov 19, 2010, 3:18 PM - #21

Coming from someone who paints the models I approve. Great job, hope to see paint soon.
    Nov 21, 2010, 10:46 PM - #22

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm gonna try to do some rondo tomorrow, and then post some pics of that, I might even upload a pic of one of my minis to show how I'm gonna paint it!
  24. New Recruit
    Nov 21, 2010, 11:40 PM - #23

Really clean build man, Good job. aprox how long did the helmet take you? i was actually just about to start it myself.
  25. New Recruit CommissarHartman's Avatar
    Nov 22, 2010, 12:12 AM - #24

What's wrong with the arm and leg parts? are they just not overly practical to wear?
    Nov 22, 2010, 4:46 PM - #25

@Jexplosion: The helmet took me around 3 afternoons (from like noon to 8pm) so I'd say around 24 hours.