Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Messages
    466
    Jun 21, 2010, 5:16 AM - Official MCM Expo October 2010 #1

    This thread is for anybody who's going to the MCM Expo in London in October. There is also the thread on the MCM forums which can be found here: http://www.mcmexpogroup.com/forums/v...?f=303&t=14632

    Fill this form so we get a good idea of who you are and what you're going as:

    Name:
    Days you're going:
    Who you're cosplaying:
    Hotel staying at:

    Name: Frazer (Sierra092)
    Days you're going: Friday to sunday
    Who you're cosplaying: Reach spartan collaboration with Wired
    Hotel you're staying at: Holiday Inn Express

    We should also organise a meet-up and maybe photoshoots nearer to the day.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    May 2009
    Messages
    84
    Jun 21, 2010, 11:55 AM - #2

    I'll be there, as always stewarding. As a side track, is anyone coming to the LFCC (London Film and Comic Con) this July?

    Name: Ross
    Days you're going: Sat & Sun
    Who you're cosplaying: Myself
    Hotel staying at: Home
  4. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Messages
    466
    Jun 21, 2010, 1:29 PM - #3

    Originally Posted by CaptainImpactor View Post
    I'll be there, as always stewarding. As a side track, is anyone coming to the LFCC (London Film and Comic Con) this July?

    Name: Ross
    Days you're going: Sat & Sun
    Who you're cosplaying: Myself
    Hotel staying at: Home
    A 405th steward! Say hi if you see us
  5. Wired's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Messages
    103
    Jun 22, 2010, 2:39 PM - #4

    You know I'll be there Frazer xD
    But for everyone else...

    Name: Jake Brown
    (Hopefully) Cosplaying as: MM Reach Spartan
    Staying in: Holliday Inn Express
    Days there: Friday - Sunday

    Meetup & Photoshoot sounds awesome
  6. RedTogusa's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Messages
    648
    Jun 23, 2010, 5:51 AM - #5

    Depending on how the year goes I may be there but no Halo costume I'm afraid.

    Name: Carl Shield
    Cosplaing as: ESB Boba Fett (if finished on time)
    Staying in: prolly Ibis
    Days there: Fri-Sunday

    Also is anyone going to MEM in Nov?
  7. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Messages
    12
    Jun 23, 2010, 6:44 AM - #6

    Name: John-Henry Jackson
    Cosplaying as: Spartan (Recon variant) with 343 Guilty Spark prop
    Staying in: Travelodge
    Days there: Fri-sunday

    I'll have weapon props, full armour, magnets so the weapons stick to me, lights for the shield generator slots, a light for 343 anddd my girlfriend is going as Miranda Keyes ^^
  8. Member Since
    May 2009
    Messages
    84
    Jun 23, 2010, 7:14 AM - #7

    Originally Posted by RedTogusa View Post
    Depending on how the year goes I may be there but no Halo costume I'm afraid.

    Name: Carl Shield
    Cosplaing as: ESB Boba Fett (if finished on time)
    Staying in: prolly Ibis
    Days there: Fri-Sunday

    Also is anyone going to MEM in Nov?
    Oooh, Boba Fett. Also, yeah I think I'm scheduled to steward at MEM as well... but at least they actually pay us.
  9. Wired's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Messages
    103
    Jun 27, 2010, 4:11 PM - #8

    Originally Posted by RedTogusa View Post
    Depending on how the year goes I may be there but no Halo costume I'm afraid.
    What's wrong with the old MC costume? That was the bees knees last october!
  10. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jun 28, 2010, 1:28 PM - #9

    Name: Clio Adams
    Cosplaing as: a re-done version of Dare
    Staying in: Most likely the airport travel lodge
    Days there: Fri to Sun ^_^

    @RedTogusa: OMG Boba @_@ I must hump teh leg! Looking forward to seeing you again! ^__^
  11. RedTogusa's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Messages
    648
    Jun 29, 2010, 4:45 AM - #10

    Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    What's wrong with the old MC costume? That was the bees knees last october!
    Fraid I don't have it anymore. Had to sell since I was made redundant last Dec. It was a sad day.
  12. Wired's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Messages
    103
    Jun 29, 2010, 3:42 PM - #11

    Bad times I've been looking for a job since I saw you last october!
    -------------
    Also, Changed my project before I even started it. I'm so indecicive xD
  13. RedTogusa's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Messages
    648
    Jul 2, 2010, 3:25 AM - #12

    Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Bad times I've been looking for a job since I saw you last october!
    -------------
    Also, Changed my project before I even started it. I'm so indecicive xD

    Sorry to hear that mate. Yeah, hard times are hitting everyone. Luckily enough for me I'm starting a new job mid July but it's taken almost half a year for me to get there so I understand where your coming from. I wish you all the best in finding a job bud.
  14. killjoy95's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    148
    Jul 4, 2010, 10:40 AM - #13

    Hay, as long as my Halo Wars armor is finished i should be their for the first time. hope to see you all their. (PM me if any one would like to meet up for pic's and general chat)
  15. Wired's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Messages
    103
    Jul 7, 2010, 2:03 PM - #14

    Things aren't looking good money-wise for me. Project aside it's gonna cost too much for the 3 of us going from Lincoln for everything now our driver's dislocated their shoulder and needs 3 months pysiotherapy (pardon my spelling) We're gonna go in may when she's fit to be driving again and we'll have even better armour with a time scale like that!
  16. 5011's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    53
    Jul 7, 2010, 3:54 PM - #15

    Name: Riley (5011)
    Days you're going: saturday & sunday
    Who you're cosplaying: would do MK V MJOLNIR armor, but i haven't got the time or cash to make it, so i'm doin dante
    Hotel staying at: stayin at my dads

    if anyone whos going, message me, so i can meet up with you guys and get some pics and vids ^_^
  17. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jul 8, 2010, 7:42 AM - #16

    PM's aren't working yet ;D But that sounds like an awesome idea ^_^
  18. New Recruit Maaku564's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    47
    Jul 13, 2010, 6:12 PM - #17

    Ill be there as hayabusa
    just give me a nudge if you wanna hang out and walk around as a halo group ill be there both days
  19. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jul 13, 2010, 6:41 PM - #18

    Originally Posted by Maaku564 View Post
    Ill be there as hayabusa
    just give me a nudge if you wanna hang out and walk around as a halo group ill be there both days
    Glad to see you managed to sign up! My friend and I we're cosplaying as Dare and a Recon Spartan in May and kept hearing about the infamous Blue Hayabusa from the Halo 2 ODST's, but we couldn't find you! =(
  20. New Recruit Maaku564's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    47
    Jul 13, 2010, 6:50 PM - #19

    Hey there
    its weird that neither of us spotted each other. i was outside the main entrance most of the time because i was really really hot in the main centre
    atleast ive signed up now
    only bad thing about may i ended up with my leg and arm muscles ceasing up from holding the sniper rifle for waaaaaay to long and not taking much rest XD.
    i noticed you are going as dare gotta make sure you find me and the others during con
  21. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jul 13, 2010, 6:56 PM - #20

    Originally Posted by Maaku564 View Post
    Hey there
    its weird that neither of us spotted each other. i was outside the main entrance most of the time because i was really really hot in the main centre
    atleast ive signed up now
    only bad thing about may i ended up with my leg and arm muscles ceasing up from holding the sniper rifle for waaaaaay to long and not taking much rest XD.
    i noticed you are going as dare gotta make sure you find me and the others during con
    Yea, It was scorching inside. We were juggling between the repair desk inside and going outside a lot. We'll just have to make sure to find you in October
    And yea- we discovered the pain of wearing armour that weekend too, but 7 neurofen helps that if you don't mind being the first one to pass out in the evening! =D
  22. New Recruit Maaku564's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    47
    Jul 14, 2010, 6:21 AM - #21

    Originally Posted by phixix View Post
    Yea, It was scorching inside. We were juggling between the repair desk inside and going outside a lot. We'll just have to make sure to find you in October
    And yea- we discovered the pain of wearing armour that weekend too, but 7 neurofen helps that if you don't mind being the first one to pass out in the evening! =D
    Yea we will. could arrange a meet up point in the morning at the con so its easier to meet up
    im glad i wasnt the only one that suffered XD well me passing out in my hayabusa wouldnt be a good idea XD lots of damage then
  23. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jul 14, 2010, 7:16 AM - #22

    Originally Posted by Maaku564 View Post
    Yea we will. could arrange a meet up point in the morning at the con so its easier to meet up
    im glad i wasnt the only one that suffered XD well me passing out in my hayabusa wouldnt be a good idea XD lots of damage then
    Sounds great! ^^ anywhere in particular in mind?
  24. New Recruit Maaku564's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    47
    Jul 14, 2010, 8:08 AM - #23

    Originally Posted by phixix View Post
    Sounds great! ^^ anywhere in particular in mind?
    awesome ^^ well could either meet at the main entrance of the con or on the bridge when you get off the DLR. what time are you roughly getting there do you know?
  25. phixix's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    224
    Jul 14, 2010, 5:06 PM - #24

    Originally Posted by Maaku564 View Post
    awesome ^^ well could either meet at the main entrance of the con or on the bridge when you get off the DLR. what time are you roughly getting there do you know?
    Absolutely no idea XD Expo is on for 3 days this time so we'll have to leave a day earlier (Driving down from Scotland you see..)
    And yea, infront of the main entrance sounds good ^^
  26. New Recruit Maaku564's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    47
    Jul 14, 2010, 5:17 PM - #25

    it is? i didnt know that XD looks like ill be going all three days then, if my body can handle the costume for that long XD
    awesome, well when it gets closer to the time of con we can sort out timing

Similar Threads

  1. London MCM Expo OCTOBER 12
    By phixix in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2013, 12:13 PM
  2. London MCM Expo MAY '12
    By phixix in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2012, 9:07 AM
  3. Official MCM Expo October '11
    By phixix in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Feb 17, 2012, 3:37 AM
  4. Official London Mcm Expo '10 Thread
    By sierra092 in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2010, 5:07 PM
  5. Mcm Expo Photoshoot
    By Afr0Blu3 in forum United Kingdom Regiment
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Dec 9, 2009, 6:18 PM