Subscribe
    Apr 13, 2012, 8:19 AM - #301

Ellesmere Port here

Maybe some brits can give me some help from time to time e.g

Is there an equivalent thing to frickin bondo - bondo this bondo that bondo bondo blah blah (O.o)

another one for you guys. I am using 190gsm paper/card, i am aligning the numbers verbatum, and the chuffin thing still warps on my (only marginally) but is a pain in my testes! how do you rectify?

thomase31 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Apr 29, 2012, 8:28 AM - #302

Hey guys Tom here. As it says to my right I am from Cornwall. I am 35 been making costumes since my very first post on my failed iron man wip. If anyone has any questions on foam builds then drop us a line as I have developed a close friendship with the stuff
    Apr 29, 2012, 9:27 AM - #303

GamerTag: Afr0Blu3
    Actual first name: Sam
    What else is there to say? Engaged, expecting first child in August. Have created one suit of armour in the past (it sucked, and was so brittle it only survived one day of one con) and want to make a far better one in the very near future!
    Apr 29, 2012, 1:19 PM - #304

Chip Plowman
    Bournemouth Dorset
  6. New Recruit
    May 3, 2012, 5:02 AM - #305

But the problem is many peoples don't interest.
    May 3, 2012, 5:36 AM - #306

Originally Posted by Ada078 View Post
    But the problem is many peoples don't interest.
    Not really sure what you're trying to say here or to whom you're saying it to.
    May 3, 2012, 4:25 PM - #307

@Drack: Saw the Morrisons bag in one of the photos for your foam build and thought "A Brit?" then came into this section and had my suspicions confirmed
    May 3, 2012, 5:46 PM - #308

Tis the only supermarket we got in my town, got to love the countryside and it's lack of anything usefully other than gorgeous views and cider
  10. New Recruit
    May 3, 2012, 6:22 PM - #309

have you built the unit as one piece then seperated the jaw and plate after the resin has firmed up properly?
  11. New Recruit
    May 9, 2012, 9:41 AM - #310

<span style="color:#4169e1">sgtangelos
    Location Filton, Bristol
    Email mattfaux[underscore]552[at]hotmail[dot]com

I'm 25, married 4 kids part time forklift driver for IKEA into the halo collection been like it for many years but from time to time
    i play online multiplayer on reach and some i mean rarely on halo3 and odst
    huge interest in ww2 armour did have a buisiness but had to put that on hold same with my tshirt site but still up and active
    also use to do 40k minis back in the day again that hobby still on hold
    but a huge paper craft/modeling type hobby just starte my pepakura halo reach build
    May 21, 2012, 1:24 PM - #311

Hey there, I'm James from Middlesbrough in the North East.
    I go by Rivyer or Rivyer7 normally. My gamer tag is Rivyer and I love Halo.
    Nice to know theres a support base in the UK and look forward to being part of the 405th community.
    ThermalSoarer's Xbox Gamertag ThermalSoarer
    May 21, 2012, 4:43 PM - #312

I'm from Southampton and I've been lingering around the forums for a few years now before finally deciding to make an account. Currently working on a Star Wars Clone Pilot Phase I suit (that's the helmet in my avatar) and plan to do a Halo ONI Recon agent suit after that.
    May 22, 2012, 9:01 AM - #313

Welcome guys good to have you on board. I know from my own experience here that everyone is willing to give as much help as they can myself included. Of course try to read as much as you can as the info is out there. I am a foamist so if your thinking of taking that route feel free to ask me anything you might have queries on. Good luck with your future builds
    May 27, 2012, 8:47 PM - #314

I can't remember if I posted here,
    I go by the name of "TK", I never use my real name online. Forgive me. 22, soon to be 23. From Blackpool . I actually work in Health and Social care and I love my gaming. I have played Halo but not to a massive extent as I am a pure Assassin's Creed fan :3. I want to build Halo armour but I am not in any rush to do so and I also want to make the Horus armour out of stargate. So yeah, I think that's it?
    tktothemaxx(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk
    or I have my bbm?
    2903D9F2
  16. Member Since
    May 2012
    May 28, 2012, 5:06 PM - #315

Hi im Dave
    Living in Manchester area originally from Cumbria.
    Im 35 and im a abseiler / boom operator

In the process of trying to build a MKVI armour etc.
    Need to find a few supplies but sure will get there in the end

gametag on xbox live is ATA UK

atauk ( at ) live (dot ) co (dot ) uk
  17. New Recruit
    Jun 7, 2012, 5:21 AM - #316

Hi everyone I'm Martin a.k.a. N_l.

Staffordshire UK

There's more about me in the noob section of the main forum.

Unsure which Armour to go for if I decide to build one as I have other commitments at the moment like a kitcar to get finished.

Never played Halo but hopefully that will change shortly never owned a console hence why I've never played the game but don't intend to buy one just to play it for me it's computers all the way.

Played a lot of UT99 GOTY in the past and was senior admin to the now defunked SXS clan.

Mart
    Jun 7, 2012, 5:15 PM - #317

Just saw this thread, totally leaping on.

Username: Timelady
    Email: timeladym(@)gmail(.)com

So, hi, I'm Timelady, also known as Minxie around the anime cosplay scene. As depicted above, I live in Portchester (kinda near Portsmouth, ish). Been an on-and-off Halo fan; it's a bit of a bonding game between my brother and I. I've recently got back into Red vs Blue care of a friend, and it's fired up my determination to make some armour. Current project (after my friend's wedding in a week) is to begin work on Agent Carolina's armour. Having only ever done anime costumes, this is scaring the ever-living hell outta me.

Still. No pain, no gain, right?

Looking forward to learning stuff from everyone, and it's awesome to see how many members of the 405th lurk in England!
    Jun 7, 2012, 8:44 PM - #318

Hey guys and girls,
    I joined a few months ago and have done allot of pep work in the past year but recently i have progressed quite a bit in the last month or so I'm working on a Noble 6 build at the minuet with JFO helmet and stuff. I'm planing on having the build built for the October MCM if possible, i have loads of time but cash is a issue for me as I'm unemployed, Wish me look!
    Any way.

Username: McMandables
    Name: Ross Folwell
    Job: Unemployed (Ex Gunsmith)
    Hobbies: I enjoy gaming, Building armour, Music, Airsoft and Firearms

If anyone else is going to the October MCM i would love to meet up or something with some other members.

Many thanks, Have a good one all!
    Last edited by McMandables; Jun 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM.
    Jun 8, 2012, 12:15 PM - #319

Hey McMandables, I'm definitely going to october mcm in my Carolina build =] Hope to see you there!
  21. Member Since
    May 2012
    Jun 8, 2012, 5:39 PM - #320

MCM ? Soundsinteresting any more info
    Jun 8, 2012, 9:38 PM - #321

Hey,

Yeah would be good to meet some of other 405th people, I'm not so sure weather i will be finished my build be then but i can try, on the topic of my JFO I've been having trouble finding visors over here, Is there anywhere anyone can suggest? also I'm not sure if it needs to be larger than a standard on. if anyone can give me any input it would be awesome.

Many thanks, Ross
    Jun 9, 2012, 5:04 AM - #322

@ATA - http://www.londonexpo.com/ It's going to be busy, as there's a big cosplay event going on (Euro Cosplay finals) but it should still be a good laugh.

@phixix - You're definitely taking Carolina? I was debating doing her myself there too Might take Tex instead, if you fancied a photoshoot?
  24. Member Since
    May 2012
    Jun 9, 2012, 10:02 AM - #323

Cool,thanks for the link ...will have to get cracking with my suit between now and thursday , then off to Kos for ten days then no one will see me as will be hibenating in my shed
    Jun 9, 2012, 9:01 PM - #324

Yeh definately =] A photoshoot would be awesome!
  26. New Recruit
    Jul 5, 2012, 5:26 AM - #325

Hi, i'm Darren, I run a little online shop selling 3d printers and i am a builder - i guess i could be classed as an engineer of mechanics and electronics(among other things). I have a LOT of interests and a workshop full of cool toys i use to build with. I am currently peping a war machine/iron man helmet, a stargate zat gun and a halo plasma pistol. I think the pistol will get finished first, then i'll go back to the zat and finally finish the helmet before i move onto bigger things. i will be machining parts for some of my builds, but it all depends on what each build needs(e.g. the zat gun is getting servo's and led's(i did briefly consider adding a beefed up bug zapper but that amounts to weaponising the thing).

Further down the line i'd like to take the original files for some of the peps and make them printable on a 3d printer. will have to see how that goes as a lot of the parts are tricky buggers and i have to follow rules if i want the prints to come out(overhangs are ok but only up to a point, and expect a little sagging on bridges(although this is mostly fixed now).

I'm based in north devon between barnstaple and tiverton and i'm 35 and married with 2 boys. Suffice it to say, both my boys love robots so halo/ironman etc. is right up their streets. Thats enough about me