Subscribe
  1. Jul 6, 2013, 11:25 PM - #326

EOD! SCORE!!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't know if someone has asked (or if it's common knowledge) but what modelling program do you use? I'm sifting through the various ones to find out which would be easy to learn/pick up.

-Seth
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jul 6, 2013, 11:42 PM - #327

hello satchmo. great work. your files and 3d models are excellent.
    I just started to unfold the EOD helmet.
    here is the download: http://www.4shared.com/file/LTYCQcCZ...II_Aztlan.html

Saludos desde Mexico
    greetings from mexico
  4. 405th Australian Regiment Member tabris89's Avatar
    Jul 7, 2013, 6:23 AM - #328

Satchmo, Aztlan; thanks to you gentleman i can finally stop pestering the requests thread and get started on my EOD build thanks alot guys, fantastic work!!
    Jul 7, 2013, 6:37 AM - #329

Thank you thank you thank you for the warmaster pep file! Now I can make Greenskull his helmet (for those of you who know who Greenskull is).

Btw, I hate to pressure modelers, and I'm not in any rush at all, but I'm going to be making an elite ultra next summer and the only pep I can find now are Rainbowdash's foam unfolds of your helmet, foot, and belt files. Do you think it would be possible for you to model the rest of the elite ultra armor? Again, I hate to do this to modelers, and I'm not trying to rush you or
    anything, just a request. You don't even need to unfold it if you don't want to, I can unfold, but u can't model to save my life DX

Thanks!
    Last edited by RTWHOCKEY; Jul 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM.
    Jul 8, 2013, 6:50 PM - #330

UNFOLD UPDATE...

I've uploaded AZTLAN's unfold for the EOD helmet to the beginning of the thread. United States users be aware that it is unfolded for A4 paper-size so if you use it you'll have to reset the file for letter-size and modify the layout for the pieces. If someone would like to provide a letter-size unfold I will upload it to the beginning of the thread also.

POST RESPONSES...

Originally Posted by Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales View Post
    EOD! SCORE!!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't know if someone has asked (or if it's common knowledge) but what modelling program do you use? I'm sifting through the various ones to find out which would be easy to learn/pick up.

-Seth
    I use Blender and highly recommend it. I've read some of your other thread and saw you're interested in finding a really easy-to-pick-up software. If you're seriously interested in doing model work I suggest putting in the necessary time to figure out the basics even if they're not very intuitive with whatever software you're using. I don't think there's anything that you won't be able to accomplish with Blender.

Originally Posted by AZTLAN View Post
    hello satchmo. great work. your files and 3d models are excellent.
    I just started to unfold the EOD helmet.
    here is the download: http://www.4shared.com/file/LTYCQcCZ...II_Aztlan.html

IMAGE OMITTED

Saludos desde Mexico
    greetings from mexico
    Thanks for providing the unfold. I like the international coordination.

Originally Posted by tabris89 View Post
    Satchmo, Aztlan; thanks to you gentleman i can finally stop pestering the requests thread and get started on my EOD build thanks alot guys, fantastic work!!
    I'm glad you found the model and look forward to seeing what you've able to build.

Originally Posted by RTWHOCKEY View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you for the warmaster pep file! Now I can make Greenskull his helmet (for those of you who know who Greenskull is).

Btw, I hate to pressure modelers, and I'm not in any rush at all, but I'm going to be making an elite ultra next summer and the only pep I can find now are Rainbowdash's foam unfolds of your helmet, foot, and belt files. Do you think it would be possible for you to model the rest of the elite ultra armor? Again, I hate to do this to modelers, and I'm not trying to rush you or
    anything, just a request. You don't even need to unfold it if you don't want to, I can unfold, but u can't model to save my life DX

Thanks!
    You're welcome for the Warmaster. This is the helmet I usually wear in-game and is probably my favorite.

I would be interested in working on commission for the Elite Ultra model pieces but I don't intend in the foreseeable future to work on them freely for the community. If this is something you'd like to discuss please send me a PM.
  7. Jul 9, 2013, 5:50 PM - #331

Thanks for the reply about the model program, I guess one of these days I'm just going to have to shut up and learn blender lol

Thank you for contributing to cosplay Satch... good job man!

-Seth
    Jan 26, 2014, 12:14 AM - #333

ADD UPDATE...

Cyborg ninja helmet from Metal Gear Solid 2 has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread (quick link below).

After a few years away from it I've recently gotten back into Metal Gear Solid. I thought it'd be cool to build one or two of the cyborg ninja helmets. I found a few different non-OBJ files on the net but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to convert them for use with Blender (I'm no good with plug-ins apparently)...so I decided to work up a model myself.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HXaywuMe...nja__Satc.html
    Jan 26, 2014, 12:27 AM - #334

Originally Posted by Satchmo III View Post
    ADD UPDATE...

Cyborg ninja helmet from Metal Gear Solid 2 has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread (quick link below).

After a few years away from it I've recently gotten back into Metal Gear Solid. I thought it'd be cool to build one or two of the cyborg ninja helmets. I found a few different non-OBJ files on the net but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to convert them for use with Blender (I'm no good with plug-ins apparently)...so I decided to work up a model myself.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HXaywuMe...nja__Satc.html
    Nice!!! one of my favorite games and characters ever. great job on the rest of your models as well. thank you
    from what model file are you trying to convert from by the way. I recently learnt how to convert fbx, mdl, smd to obj. I think I have my fbx convertor in my laptop.

btw I have been subbed for a long time.
    Last edited by Crimmson; Jan 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM.
  10. 405th Midwest Regiment Member NoMaybeYes's Avatar
    Jan 26, 2014, 2:32 AM - #335

Great to see youre still alive! Ive always liked how simplistic you models are. Really quick to put together and a great base to work with later!
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2013
    Jan 26, 2014, 6:58 AM - #336

Thanks for the concept and elite files. I'm making a few of them for my films
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2013
    Feb 21, 2014, 9:20 AM - #337

Thanks for the awesome files. I'm done gluing the #4 and 5 concept helmets.
    Mar 8, 2014, 3:49 PM - #338

REVISION UPDATE...

I've updated and uploaded the MGS2 Olga helmet to the beginning of the thread. I've slowly been tweaking this model for the last month and have built the paper three times while correcting sizing and accuracy. 4shared isn't working properly for me so I'm trying out OneDrive (not sure if I like it or not).

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=89b36...E9A765CF43!231

ADD UPDATE...

I've uploaded a Gray Fox helmet based on the new game model from Metal Gear Rising Revengeance as originally downloaded and modified by Darkside501st. Thank you Darkside501st for sharing the model. As with with Olga helmet I've been tweaking this model for the last month and have also built the paper three times while correcting sizing and the model's unfold. One of the more prominent revisions is the removal of the eye recesses...since these will be cut out anyway I omitted the recesses to make putting the paper together easier and to help with shaping/smoothing the helmet exterior when hardening the model.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=89b36...E9A765CF43!230

I don't typically share build progress in this thread but thought I'd share a bit to show the correlation between developing the model and assembling the paper. Below are photos of the paper for the final Olga and Gray Fox helmets. I've used a marker to sketch in some of the detail work that will proceed after hardening the helmets.

This next photo shows the entire family that's come together over the last month or so. The primary reason I re-built the paper was sizing issues but I took each sizing misstep as an opportunity to improve the model. Each of the first two Olga helmet took about 8 hours to put together, the first Gray Fox took me 10 hours. Both the final Olga and Gray Fox took under 7 hours each to assemble.

POST RESPONSES...

Originally Posted by NoMaybeYes View Post
    Great to see youre still alive! Ive always liked how simplistic you models are. Really quick to put together and a great base to work with later!
    It's great to still be alive. Simplicity is typically what I shoot for for the paper models so I'm glad to receive such feedback. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    Thanks for the concept and elite files. I'm making a few of them for my films
    Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    Thanks for the awesome files. I'm done gluing the #4 and 5 concept helmets.
    Cool...I'd love to see what you're able to come up with.
    Mar 10, 2014, 11:37 PM - #339

ADD UPDATE...

Oh the Rapture...Oceanic helmet uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

http://1drv.ms/1ivyR46
  15. 405th Midwest Regiment Member thorn696's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2014, 7:03 AM - #340

I try not to fill up your page with useless post. But every now and then, I just have to stop in and Say how Awesome your work is. Thank you for sharing Your hard work
    Mar 22, 2014, 4:33 PM - #341

ADD UPDATE...

RIP KAT. The Halo 4 Air Assault helmet has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

http://1drv.ms/1oLy5z9

I've been tinkering with some very rudimentary rendering in blender. In addition to the air assault render below I updated the summary image at the beginning of the thread (you should check it out).

Originally Posted by thorn696 View Post
    I try not to fill up your page with useless post. But every now and then, I just have to stop in and Say how Awesome your work is. Thank you for sharing Your hard work
    Thanks much thorn696. I haven't heard from you in a while and hope you are well. I really appreciate the feed-back.

I'll admit that it disheartens me a bit when little to no one comments in the thread. I would like to hear what people think of the models.
    Mar 22, 2014, 5:45 PM - #342

ADD UPDATE...

RIP KAT. The Halo 4 Air Assault helmet has been uploaded to the beginning of the thread.

http://1drv.ms/1oLy5z9
    ahh... sweet :-) i love that helmet. iam currently working on the recon helmet for my h4 suit. for the torso ive chosen the recon suit but now iam working on the CIO chest piece.
    I will build this helmet until i get the rest of the armor done as a second helmet and ive to tell you, that i love the less detailed but smooth file. hate all those ridiculous details which never comes out after the hardening process.

request: could you take a look at my project for the help purpose. i want to do this by myself but ive very low skills in 3d design. is it possible that you could give me some tips or take a look on the file at the end? would help alot.
    http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...hest-model-WIP
    Last edited by harican89; Mar 22, 2014 at 5:48 PM.
    Mar 22, 2014, 7:12 PM - #343

I'll admit that it disheartens me a bit when little to no one comments in the thread. I would like to hear what people think of the models.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. Excellent work as always. Would you mind looking over my air assault chest piece. Just to see what you think about it or if any changes are needed.
    Mar 22, 2014, 7:53 PM - #344

Originally Posted by Crimmson View Post
    Would you mind looking over my air assault chest piece. Just to see what you think about it or if any changes are needed.
    you have an air assault chest going? do you have any progress pics? i will finish my project with the CIO chest, but iam really interested in the air assault chest too.

edit: okay, ive spotted your thread :-)
    Last edited by harican89; Mar 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM.
    Mar 22, 2014, 9:50 PM - #345

Originally Posted by Crimmson View Post
    I'll admit that it disheartens me a bit when little to no one comments in the thread. I would like to hear what people think of the models.
    Well I dunno man I can't criticize because satchmo's models are always truly complete when they are released so all I can say to all of these is:

*YOINK* FANTASTICO

It kind of is a shame to see little appreciation for these, but if people are still using them it's all good right?

Even without the active voice Satchmo, we all appreciate what you do. Keep it up mate
  21. 405th Australian Regiment Member MissingSpartan7's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MissingSpartan7's Xbox Gamertag MissingSpartan7
    Mar 22, 2014, 11:14 PM - #346

Sometimes, it's a little hard to put my appreciation into words.
    Have some quick samples of what most of us are probably thinking then:
    "Wow"
    "That's bloody amazing"
    "How the f* do you create such an efficient model and unfold?"
    "All my models look bad next to these"

It will be a sad day if/when you leave.
    We really do appreciate both you and all the work you put in to these, even if we don't say it sometimes.

CJ
    Mar 23, 2014, 10:49 AM - #347

Satchmo, To be honest your models are absolutely beautiful... I have not built any yet but have assembled some only in paper and they are so nice to build. I need to stop being so scatter brained and actually complete a helmet, fiberglass and all..
  23. 405th Canadian Regiment Member Ted's Avatar
    Mar 23, 2014, 2:14 PM - #348

Satchmo, trust me. I bet a lot of people visit your thread here and there just to admire your models. I, for one, do just that. Sometimes I use your models as inspiration, sometimes I just look at them cause they're damn good eye candy. You're a role model man! You're one of the reasons why I even bothered modelling from scratch- heck, the very reason why I gained interest in 3D modelling in the first place. Keep up the good work buddy, I'll make sure to drop in from time to time. That Air Assault is just a thing of beauty btw, just like the others!
    Last edited by Ted; Mar 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM.
    Mar 23, 2014, 2:36 PM - #349

I'm guilty of lurking but not posting. Your thread got me to recently download blender and start playing with it. Many times I have checked this thread and thought I have to build that if my Mark V ever gets done. Your work is great and very appreciated.
    Mar 25, 2014, 2:46 AM - #350

awesome work brother I haven't been on the 405th in a little while but it's always awesome to see your pep files you really do some top notch work I really like your metal gear solid 2 and metal gear rising revengeance cyborg helmets very cool thank you so much for all these awesome files