Subscribe
  1. 405th Australian Regiment Member tabris89's Avatar
    May 1, 2014, 2:12 PM - Tabris89 Unfolding Thread #1

G'day there 405th

recently put in a request to Crimson for an armor piece from the H4 assets pack and what was delivered was indeed beautiful, but needed unfolding.

started off with running through Satchmo III's unfolding tutorial
    never ever 3D modeled before (except for my 3 click fatal crash of UT3 editor ) or unfolded, i took on the challenge and i think im doing ok thus far. what do you guys think?

when i started the defining of open edges

nearly done with defining open edges

did a test unfold, and at 412 pieces so far i have a wee bit of cleaning up to do

even if this first unfold goes well, (not tooting my own horn) i wont be taking requests just yet as i really need to work on my EOD build and i have a list of future unfolds prepared for my next build.

IRON MAN MK40 Shotgun (unfortunately i dont know the name of the modeler anyone?)

thank christ the parts are already seperated lol

signing out ladies and lads,
    Gnight!!

Jimmay
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Midwest Regiment Member
    Carpathia's Xbox Gamertag Halcyon Pillar
    May 1, 2014, 2:45 PM - #2

The torso model is inside out. So if you attempt to build it the way you have it unfolded right now, the tabs will show up on the outside of the piece. To fix this, undo the unfold (all your cut lines will remain), flip the model rightside out and re-unfold.
  4. 405th Southern Regiment Member Demogorgon's Avatar
    Demogorgon's Xbox Gamertag WOLFGANGTHOR
    May 1, 2014, 4:14 PM - #3

It might also be a material making it grey if it turns out the model isn't inside out. Turn off the materials and see if the grey turns into white (the RGB cube to the right of the lightbulb), if not, it is indeed inside-out.
  5. 405th Australian Regiment Member tabris89's Avatar
    May 6, 2014, 9:00 PM - #4

thanks for the advice lads, it was inside out :P just had to flip it out and it was all good. nearly done with the edges then i can get onto cleaning up the unfold. looking through the practice run there ive already spot a few areas i can decrease the part count by 20% or more. wish me luck
  6. 405th Australian Regiment Member tabris89's Avatar
    May 23, 2014, 12:38 AM - #5

got into the cleaning up the last couple of days. making progress slowly but surely

7. 405th Australian Regiment Member tabris89's Avatar
    Jul 6, 2014, 11:01 PM - #6

The unfold is complete:
    Original model from Arcanine and the Adjutant Teams Halo 4 assets pack
    Remodel and cleanup by Crimson
    Unfold by Tabris89
    http://www.4shared.com/file/gHXvYEBJ..._tabris89.html

Crimson separated the model into 4 separate areas for convenience, chest/back/vacuum right and left.

i do have to make 1 apology, the bottom vent areas as seen in pic 4 are not unfolded. they were just not working for me so i leave them to you for either unfold, or getting creative in the bondo stage. i will be doing the latter.

any comments, feedback, critiques are always welcome

Jimmay
    Jul 15, 2014, 11:59 PM - Re: Tabris89 Unfolding Thread #7

HEY! I didn't even realize you had finished unfolding the EOD chest. I thought you'd post it on Crimmson's forum so I was checking back there for the past few weeks. I didn't even check my messages either so I just saw your message today. I got so impatient that I took arcanine's file and started to make my own unfold for foam (although with all the jagged angles a foam build looks like a pretty daunting task). I actually separated all the pieces today and now all I have to do is order them... I wish I had seen your message sooner. Dang...
  9. 405th Australian Regiment Member tabris89's Avatar
    Jul 20, 2014, 3:22 AM - Re: Tabris89 Unfolding Thread #8

Originally Posted by SIKAXIS View Post
    HEY! I didn't even realize you had finished unfolding the EOD chest. I thought you'd post it on Crimmson's forum so I was checking back there for the past few weeks. I didn't even check my messages either so I just saw your message today. I got so impatient that I took arcanine's file and started to make my own unfold for foam (although with all the jagged angles a foam build looks like a pretty daunting task). I actually separated all the pieces today and now all I have to do is order them... I wish I had seen your message sooner. Dang...
    Hey Axis, man that sucks you didn't see it earlier i PMd you not even 5mins after i finished posting that i had completed it since i new you were waiting :P
    If you are keen on foam, and havent already finished your own foam files, crazydav0 has an EOD foam ready chest in the HALO4/FOAM section of MS7's database on 4shared.
    whatever you do with your H4 EOD, ill be watchin man

Jimmay
    Jul 20, 2014, 8:30 PM - Re: Tabris89 Unfolding Thread #9

Originally Posted by tabris89 View Post
    Hey Axis, man that sucks you didn't see it earlier i PMd you not even 5mins after i finished posting that i had completed it since i new you were waiting :P
    If you are keen on foam, and havent already finished your own foam files, crazydav0 has an EOD foam ready chest in the HALO4/FOAM section of MS7's database on 4shared.
    whatever you do with your H4 EOD, ill be watchin man

Jimmay
    Naw man it's cool. As for the foam unfold by CrazyDav0, I had already seen that one, but I feel like It's missing too many details. Anyways, I won't start on my chest/ Halo 4 build until I finish my Emile costume. So it may be a few more months even.