Subscribe
  1. New Recruit
    Jan 17, 2010, 1:32 AM - #1

ive been trying to find a decent file for a ww2 german helmet, and i cant seem to find one anywhere, it wouldnt take that long to make, relativity simple design

please help a comrade out
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 17, 2010, 1:44 AM - #2

What kind of German WWII helmet?
    Frozensnot's Xbox Gamertag Frozensnot
    Jan 17, 2010, 1:46 AM - #3

I think your best bet is to just go and buy one from an army surplus store or online.

Getting a reproduction will probably be your best bet. An original WWII german helmet would cost more.

I also think you would just save money and time by just buying one.
    Blog Entries
    Jan 17, 2010, 2:57 AM - #4

My local military surplus store has assorted helmets for under $10. I would assume that most similar stores will have similar priced helmets. No German ones here tho. I agree that it would probably be cheaper to get a replica, since making it from pep would cost you around $20-40 in materials.

Try ebay or replica weapons catalogs, I know that Atlanta Cutlery has some helmets. There are lots of free helmet models out there if you cant find a replica, just google "helmet 3d model", you will come up with lots of them.
    Jan 17, 2010, 7:27 AM - #5

Hello All,

I don't remember where I got this file at, If you are the owner or know where to find it, please let me know so credit can be given.

The file belongs to rundown, please see his file base at Here

Stilgar
  7. 405th Data File Librarian rundown's Avatar
    Jan 17, 2010, 8:53 AM - #6

[quote name='Stilgar Hammer' date='17 January 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1263731270' post='384670']

Hello All,

I don't remember where I got this file at, If you are the owner or know where to find it, please let me know so credit can be given.

Download

Stilgar

[/quote]

cough... My file. just redirect them to my file base. http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16786

Plz dont rehost my files without permission

Btw that isnt a ww2 helmet. Its a killzone 1 helmet and mask...

this is what he means:
  8. New Recruit
    Jan 17, 2010, 10:03 AM - #7

the killzone helmet is great and if i cant find any others im sure to use that, but i do mean German helmet.

as for spending more money making one, i wont , i have all the supplies needed to make a hundred pepakura helmets.

plus where i live, in port st Lucie fl, these isnt one army and navy shop till Orlando. which is too far of a drive to "hope" that they will have it.
    Jan 17, 2010, 12:35 PM - #8

This is your third topic about having someone make files for you or find them for you. Please keep it to one thread or just bump up the topic you had earlier on this exact same subject.

Why not try to find what you're looking for in a place that actually specializes in WWII props instead of pestering the modelers here? I'm sure if it's such a simple design, you could cram on some Blender tutorials and go to town with it.
    Frozensnot's Xbox Gamertag Frozensnot
    Jan 17, 2010, 3:22 PM - #9

Besides that but, who wouldn't want an all metal/steel helmet? You could do any kind of recreation or whatever and not worry about it breaking on you.(they also used helmets for cooking food too)

If you made one, you would have to reinforce the helmet a lot just to come close to the durability of a WWII helmet. Me and my father do WWII re-inacting and those helmets sure can save your head sometimes!

But this is your project, we are simply just giving advice.
  11. New Recruit
    Jan 18, 2010, 10:48 AM - #10

so when you ever travel to germany, look for ww2 helmets, i know people

who sell them for 5 bucks cuz they`ve got so much of them

in ebay you could also google for german firefighter helmets (year 1933-45)

they`re exactly the same (just with and leather neck, but its easy to remove)

and they`re cheaper (no replica, the real ones cuz i think they`re taken from

Wehrmacht)