Subscribe
  1. Jan 1, 2013, 11:19 AM - ==ORIGINAL COSTUME DESIGN THREAD (rules apply)== #1

ORIGINAL COSTUME DESIGN/CONCEPT THREAD

This thread is to share your ideas for original, or new concepts of existing costumes/cosplays.

I understand the 405th is (or at least should) only be Halo related cosplays, and I was hesitant to start this, but I figured if we could have a my little pony discussion and a doctor who discussion thread (no offense to either) that this could be considered alright as long as it stays in the general discussion.

==Rules *MUST READ*==

You must sign or otherwise watermark your work, this is to further protect your ownership of the original concept (I doubt any of the members here would steal your idea, but there is a lot of google/yahoo traffic through here and it's unwise not to sign your work anyway.).

You may not use the posted images for any purpose without contacting the artist who posted the material.

There won't be selling/trafficking of any services related to art commissions through this thread, contact the originating artist if you like his/her work.

Like the rest of the forum, no language, mature content, gore, or otherwise minor unfriendly content. This forum is for all ages, and should remain viewable/allowable for all ages, for costumes know no age limit.

And above all else, no hate speaches. If you don't like an image, don't comment (unless it breaks one of the rules, then pm me or the submitting artist), or if you feel like you must do it in a creative way, just like the rest of this forum.

No matter what your skill or forte (photoshop, traditional, expressionism) all art is welcome.

...Now have fun!

Seth
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Midwest Regiment Member rickrtickr's Avatar
    Feb 1, 2013, 12:18 PM - #2

i an working on a proof of concept idea i had which involved the MK IV torso and a little bit of free hand.

and this is what i have so far

for more details check the WIP thread
  4. Feb 1, 2013, 3:23 PM - #3

I've always wanted to make that version of the spartan armor, I would, but there isn't a link other than your finished one, which looks pretty good, (you beat me to a finished armor set). I'll be watching as you progress with your idea

-Seth (thought this idea was dead )
  5. 405th Midwest Regiment Member rickrtickr's Avatar
    Feb 2, 2013, 9:39 PM - #4

Originally Posted by Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales View Post
    I've always wanted to make that version of the spartan armor, I would, but there isn't a link other than your finished one, which looks pretty good, (you beat me to a finished armor set). I'll be watching as you progress with your idea

-Seth (thought this idea was dead )
    my basic idea is to make it an attachable backpack so that i don't always have to have it on. possible motors or some other sort of mechanics might be involved in certain areas.
    Feb 3, 2013, 2:24 AM - #5

Nice idea Seth! I shotgun my halo 3 elite armor permutation

Flight head

Flight body

Ascetic shoulder right

Commando shoulder left

Plus my emblem ( grunt with a cowboy hat)

If anyone steals these I will beat them senseless with a 0% charged energy sword handle

If I were to draw these the result would look pretty much the same, just if I try to build it , it would probably look better than the images included

The original images belong to bungie / 343
    Last edited by Croc co; Feb 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM.