Arizona Comic-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincaliflour

Any of you 405thers going to the mesa convetion center today or tomorrow? (1-7-12, 1-8-12). Lets see all your awesome work! And keep an eye out for a Blue Recon spartan with no visor :p

I went there last night. I forgot you live here. o_O I was dressed as Link from Legend of Zelda.

I will look for you today. I'll be Lightning from FFXIII, so look for a chick with a bright pink wig.

Well sadly I was alone as far as spartans go there...missed having some of my 405th Brothers (and sisters in your case Roxy :p) It woulda been nice to have enough spartans to compete with all the predators and Clones and Storm Troopers XD
Some pics from the con:
408968_10150451239900356_567165355_8878393_1943011612_n.jpg

408968_10150451239875356_567165355_8878390_1789115300_n.jpg

395271_2964704198490_1288170088_33222809_977099088_n.jpg

390370_2964703478472_1288170088_33222806_1819215480_n.jpg

374734_2964703638476_1288170088_33222807_180080314_n.jpg

also, I just have to say that I'm 6' 5"....and that predator is 6' 8". It was quite scary cause he got even taller than that when he put on the helmet...

I'm sorry we never found each other. I did look for you, although, I did go to TaiyouCon as well. (I was all over the place.).

So do you live in the Valley? If so, maybe we can hang out or build armor sometime. (even though I see you already have a completed suit).

PS: You can count on more 405th members being at PCC in may. I know of 2 others besides myself who intend on trooping it out there. We should have a mini-gathering.

Well I would have met you if I would have gone... I was told you were there. Oh well I'mm see you @ PCC for sure.

Lol well my friend Kyle is in need of assistence, you see I made him a scout helmet and now he wants a whole suit...But I don't have the time this semester for that, so I've talked to him about splitting it up...perhaps if you'd like to help :p As you can probably tell from the pics my armor is not the best...it's very seamy...How do you get around that problem?

Also, what's PCC? is that the San Diego comic Con?

I'm busy with my own armor and a job. I can give you tips, but you should encourage your friend kyle to make his own armor. As for seams, with the EVA foam, i sand it down before I glue it. I also make sure the edges fit together properly before hot gluing. After I glue, I seal any gaps with extra glue, wiping off the glue before it hardens. Sometimes, if you plan ahead, you can also use foamies (craft foam) to add detail and also cover gaps like that.

PCC = Phoenix Cactus ComiCon. If you though Amazing Arizona ComiCon was great, you're in for a real treat. PCC is AZ's largest comic book convention. Four days long, huge dealer hall, and big-time guests. Thousands of people came last year. You can pre-order your badge right now for about 10 bucks less than at-door pricing. Jump on it, dude. I'll be there, and apparently so will ONE END. :)

Kyle n I are making it together, I figured you could offer words of help...I usually only sand the exterior parts or angled parts, I'll try that and see if we can get better details with his :) Where do you find faomies? Michael's?

You can find foamies at michael's, Joanns', and walmart, and probably Hobby Lobby too. But only Joanns sells the huge rolls of them, if you want more to work with than small sheets.

I'll look for that thanks :) hopefully we can make his even better than mine...were gonna need to cause hes a bigger dude XD when is pcc?

lol thanks for the site, and the encouragement :) lord knows we're gonna need it...though I see no real mention of costumes beyond the list of prohibited weapons...

As long as your costume isn't inappropriate, you should be fine. Half the fun is going in costume.
(you really are a convention noob, aren't you? lol )

no actually I'm not...grew up with san diego CC...only in the costume part lol, that's where I'm new since my iron man costume didn't hold together well when I made it meself 5 years ago...and more to the point i was looking for any sort of contest or appreciation since school gets out may 2nd...so i may not be in az on the 24th-7 so i'd need to pick a day lol an i figured I'd go the day where there's something for costumes XD

SDCC? I've been to that one once. It's freaking huge. @_@

You're probably looking for the Masquerade then. It's one of the main events. The Masquerade should be on the day before the last day of the convention. It doesn't look like they have the programming up yet on the website. They'll announce it when the con is closer.

k thx :) yea SDCC usually is so full you can't move around..and we used to go with a stroller for my younger siblings :p I still remember all the akutski there tho, even saw some power rangers once...that's why I wanna get to the next one in my elite ranger suit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back