2024 Matthews Comicon

TillXValhalla

Hey everyone Valhalla here letting you all know that Matthews Comicon (South of Charlotte, North Carolina) next year has requested a booth from the 405th! It will take place on March 9th 2024! I already have 3 members of the 405th helping with the booth if anyone would like to show up its always welcome. The more builds to promote the better.
comicon.jpg
comicon2.jpg
comicon3.jpg

brkiker Just in case you have not seen this. Reminding all involved to please make your RCO aware of these events and or requests. Also please link in the names of those who are helping with setup, materials needed and schedule of who will be manning the booth.

As per request by Asgardianhammer The following members will be helping me set up the booth and man it. K9Angel, KaeSpoon, and manchild0351. I will be there the whole time with k9 and manchild while spoon will be our floater. As for materials needed what is required for a booth? Upon receiving a list I will promptly coordinate with the con manager to aquire and set it all up.

Last edited:
Materials often used at a booth are recruiter cards, Activity & Field Guides, Banner, Background/Backdrop, potential weapon racks and any other thematic elements. If you have not run a booth before things to know would be the size of the booth space provided by the venue so that you can plan accordingly. Most often it is either a 10x10 or 10x20. Often times cons like organizations such as ours to hold a panel to discuss our group or how to get started on armor building. I am looping in JTF4 who was integral to the booth recently manned at Nashville ComicCon. He is not too far from you and may be interested in helping with this event.

Are there templates or files that exist for the literature to have on hand or hand out? Same for the banner and back drop, I can have all of it made as I'm sure I will be doing more these in the future if all goes well. As for weapon racks and thematic elements I will have 2 of my builds on pvc mannequins as well as me, manchild and spoon in full builds. I will have a weapon rack appropriate to the size of the booth with a decent number of props that can be handled by the con goers. I am working hand in hand with the primary organizer of the convention as it is a small town and he is my neighbor. So coordination and setting up will go flawless on that end. As for panels, I will discuss that with the coordinator and have things ready if needed. The resource refrences are the only big thing I will need to make this a success.
Materials often used at a booth are recruiter cards, Activity & Field Guides, Banner, Background/Backdrop, potential weapon racks and any other thematic elements. If you have not run a booth before things to know would be the size of the booth space provided by the venue so that you can plan accordingly. Most often it is either a 10x10 or 10x20. Often times cons like organizations such as ours to hold a panel to discuss our group or how to get started on armor building. I am looping in JTF4 who was integral to the booth recently manned at Nashville ComicCon. He is not too far from you and may be interested in helping with this event.

Yes we have all for the above for that. We have some resources for panels available as well. March 9th of 2024 is a ways out so there is time.

Solid. I was just trying to get things going ahead of time I keep working on builds and such. No rush for the resources and thanks in advance for the help.

At the moment, I'm going to be at planet comicon in Kansas City that weekend. I can run some booth supplies up to Matthews though. It's not a far drive from me. I have 2 weapons racks that disassemble and pack flat, some badge flags, some fold together signage for the table, and I can print up some more armor guides and field guides. I should also have some recruiter cards that I can send along with the stuff as well.

Depending on how my current projects go, I might also have a couple of helmets and props that I can send with you as well.

At the moment, I'm going to be at planet comicon in Kansas City that weekend. I can run some booth supplies up to Matthews though. It's not a far drive from me. I have 2 weapons racks that disassemble and pack flat, some badge flags, some fold together signage for the table, and I can print up some more armor guides and field guides. I should also have some recruiter cards that I can send along with the stuff as well.

Depending on how my current projects go, I might also have a couple of helmets and props that I can send with you as well.
I appreciate all the help, and will shoot you a dm to work that stuff out down the line as before mentioned the con is a bit out still.

Can't wait! I'll be there with my marine and I will be more than happy to bring some props along!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back