3D Grunt Model I'm Working On

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalener

Well, yeah. I've been doing this in maya. This is my second model ever in the program. Hopefully I'll be able to texture/rig/add armor to this before the 14 month trial's out.

grunt1.jpg

back

Head front view

Head side-ish view

Awsome work!! We like detail in the 405th, so I thought I would add my two bits. I remember seeing a rendering of a grunt from Bungie before Halo 3 came out. It was a kind of teaser trying to get people to thing they would see maskless grunts in the game. It was a full-detail picture of a grunt's upper body in an aggressive stance. The grunt's mouth was actually pretty intimidating. Due to lack of a better example, thing dementor in harry potter (admit it, you've read the book.) It's more like a teeth-rimmed ring than a typical jaw or mandible. I think Bungie may have it in hteir archives. ;)

There was also a thread a while back here on the 405th in which somebody had discovered a detailed concept/rendering of a grunt. Don't quite remember where it was :(

Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the final product!!!!!

I just subdivided it, rendered it, than undid the subdivision.

I'm UVing it as we speak, and will import it into mudbox later.

Thanks, that'l be usefull for the armor, but I refuse to use the Halo 2 grunt as a reference when it comes to proportions/ detail. I just hate the way it looks in that game. Look at it's toenails for christ's sake!

I'm doing my own thing here on the basic framework, but I plan on combining all the Versions of grunt armor into one design.

PS: Whe the hell'd I get -2 for this?

Adam, why did you add that feature? lol.

Sculpdted in detail in mudbox. Can't find a way to turn this into a normal map. I'll post these while I look for a tutorial.

mudbox1.jpg

mudbox2.jpg

hey there nice modeling i will give you a really good reference pic of a grunts face taking by me on halo 3 here you go

grunt.jpg

ugly huh

your welcome :D

Thanks!

You just remided me I wanted to include the neck seals and the metal plates on the sides of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back