3D printed Master Chief with undersuit, Mblackwell's project thread

for High-res 3D modeling which would you guys want first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this ABS + you speak of does it have any advantages? Im going to need to buy some filament soon. What sucks with my printer is that you have to buy the 3D systems cartridges. But I had one apart because the pla filament that was in the printer had broke right before the feed gear. So I think I wind whatever filament I want onto their cartridges "in theory".
Ooohh....I don't think it works like that...I think the cartridges I use are smaller diameter of filament. I don't really know, but I'm sure Google does!:D

Ok ya I didn't think about filament diameter. Hopefully I can find something that'll work. More homework yay lol. Lots too learn.

So, guys, it's been a while.

BUT, I've made some progress :)
106_0201.JPG 106_0202.JPG
I'm very satisfied with the result. it's been filled with Bondo Spot putty.

I've also been working on the COG scope from Halo 5
this 3D printed little guy has probably taken about 24 hours of sanding (total) Euuughhh. hand sanding.
106_0203.JPG 106_0204.JPG
but it looks pretty nice, and I'm happy with it, but I'm not done with it yet.

Last edited:
well, Du'oh, I hope to have a chaingun and an AR!
Double whammy!

Progress on the MG has slowed because other things have gotten in the way, but it's still in the works.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!:)

Last edited:
RetiredClone, Thanks! It's been delivered and the new owner is very pleased! I enjoyed making it, and I'll definitely be making some more stuff like that. Thanks for the encouragement with the MC armor, too! :)

SI3RRA 117, I use Simplify3D. It's a lifesaver. makes my life much simpler...well, sort-of. there's a pretty big price tag on it, but it's well worth it.

nemesis2500, thanks, man! I've been very satisfied with the end result, but even at 0.15mm height, it's taken a lot of filling and sanding. *Exasperated sigh* I'll get it all done eventually. Always do. ;) I just want it to be as smooth as possible, and I think I've achieved that.

Now, everyone, here is my (simple) DFT ODST. It has a custom paintjob of my design. I made a foam recruit helmet for it as well. Whatdya think? not my best foam work, but it's neat.
107_0205.JPG 107_0206.JPG 107_0207.JPG 107_0208.JPG 107_0214.JPG

Lately, I have been short on time, but I have been slowly chugging the Choo-choo train along. MC has been a bit on the slow side, but I have both knees done, and the Ab almost done. The butt armor has been a pain in the...butt. :D I just hope it will be a Papeesheewoosh project in the end.
107_0216.JPG

But for those of you who have no Idea what Papeesheewoosh is, look in the Dictionary of Blackwell:

1: Papeesheewoosh- \puh-pee-shee-woush\ Noun-
An object of good craftsmanship; one which has taken much sweat and coffee (and often paint) to create. commonly referring to Halo.

2: Papeesheewoosh- \puh-pee-shee-whoosh\ (see above) Adjective-
Bewildering; Spectacular; Excellent (with an air guitar) (must use Bill and Ted voice)

3: Papeesheewoosh- \puh-pee-shee-woush\ Verb-
Flying through the air like Taco. (taco is me); Running around having no idea what you are doing like Taco.

that's all for today...until next time!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh lol. I love the Dictionary of Blackwell! I want a copy please :p:D.
Great job on the recruit helmet, I think you did a pretty good job.
And the armor is quite good too, even if its not your best (y), better than some of my foam work.

Hrm...I'll have to think 'bout doing that sometime, Thom A293, nemesis2500. :D

small update:
ODST paintjob is nearing completion! there are a few pieces missing, but I hope you get the gist of the idea. Once again, I apologize for crappy photo quality. :p
107_0217.JPG

more MC stuff to come in a few days...along with some...side projects. including an ODST helmet. Schankerz would approve of one of those...:)

and more helmets...til' next time!

also, Thom A293 and nemesis2500, Dictionary of Blackwell is officially up!

Last edited:
Did someone say ODST helmet??! I approve greatly! And those armour pieces you've got there are looking pretty snazzy!

it looks like it's coming together really well, I've been considering getting a 3D for a while but haven't pulled the trigger on that just yet. How do you like the Flashforge you're using? Given the cost with scrapped prints, did you do anything special to scale your files prior to printing to minimize the need for re-prints?

Dirtdives, Well, that's just a side project, and frankly I'm far from completion, but thanks for the compliment.
The problem is that it takes so long to sand and print armor parts.
so this is gonna be a looong project. but there should be pics soon.

I also have too many side projects. I need to focus on one, and stay focused on it. MC will be my only task for now, once this ODST is done.

Kemerogh, the flashforge is reaaaly nice. it's easy to maintain, and it's got a pretty cool Hypofascoond that comes on at the end of a print. (see Dictionary of Blackwell for definition of Hypofascoond) The print quality is really good as well.

I do not scale the parts for failure assistance, so to speak, but If a print fails, I melt it down in a airtight jar with some acetone in it, and use it to glue my parts together. win-win all the way.

Dirtdives, Well, that's just a side project, and frankly I'm far from completion, but thanks for the compliment.
The problem is that it takes so long to sand and print armor parts.
so this is gonna be a looong project. but there should be pics soon.

I also have too many side projects. I need to focus on one, and stay focused on it. MC will be my only task for now, once this ODST is done.

Kemerogh, the flashforge is reaaaly nice. it's easy to maintain, and it's got a pretty cool Hypofascoond that comes on at the end of a print. (see Dictionary of Blackwell for definition of Hypofascoond) The print quality is really good as well.

I do not scale the parts for failure assistance, so to speak, but If a print fails, I melt it down in a airtight jar with some acetone in it, and use it to glue my parts together. win-win all the way.

I really need to start saving my scraps!

lright, guys! I have a ECCC update, had lots of fun, met Redheadwolf in her Red Mk V suit, talked to some 501st guys, and met Isaac Hannaford! Sadly, I didn't get to see Stan Lee :/

for those of you who don't know who Isaac Hannaford is, he's a legendary Bungie concept artist. He is the lead concept artist for Bungie and designed the Halo 3 ODST armor, Designed the Halo Reach armor(s), and was Halo 3-Reach's head concept artist. He also is the head concept artist for Destiny! What's more, he's a super nice guy! He showed me his Halo 3 ODST helmet that was commissioned by Bungie and given to him. I bought a early Destiny concept poster of his, the real poster has his signature:
Hidden gem Isaac Hannaford.jpg

Actually, Thom A293's concept armor is designed by him, as well as the concept that Schankerz used! I also got him to sign my helmet. :D

anyway, had lots a fun: My (short) little sister tagged along with her costume, so that's the other person.
IMG_3416.JPG IMG_3382.JPG IMG_3385.JPG IMG_3386.JPG IMG_3388.JPG IMG_3389.JPG IMG_3390.JPG IMG_3392.JPG IMG_3396.JPG IMG_3413.JPG

Dang, guys, I love funny Chief photos!

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    613.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3398.JPG
    IMG_3398.JPG
    755.7 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    597 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3404.JPG