3D printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Akaron

Gotta say it’s great to be back!

in my time off I’ve stumbled into enough money to buy at least one 3D printer, what are some good ones used in the community? I know creality printers can be good. What’s everybody using?

I have a makergear m2 and LOVE IT. Low maintenance, but there are better/cheaper ones out there now.

Reddit has a whole bunch of Ender 3 subs that can help if you have questions about it although I prefer a direct drive extruder.

If I were to buy today,my must haves would be at least 300x300x300mm build volume(do helmets in less prints, glass build plate (actually any can get one), direct drive extruder, filament run out sensor.

Maybe a Tevo Tornado?

TurboCharizard, you want to give this a go?

I remember looking into the Tevo Tornado now that you mention the name. It has been a long time since I’ve thought about this. Had to place a lot of projects on hold

The first thing I'd always recommend would be the Tevo Tornado but finding a new one of the Green/Gold Tornados out in the wild is becoming harder since the switch of ownership. I can't say anything about Homers (the new Tevo) but they look fine on paper and the price hasn't changed too drastically so that could be an okay option. If you can snag a Green or a Gold Tornado I have one of each and aside from some cheap and DIY upgrades they're awesome out of the box.

My new all star printer however is the Creality Ender 5 Plus with an upgraded MicroSwiss all metal hotend/direct drive toolhead carriage setup. The only time this thing messes up is when I'm too dumb to operate it. Maintenance is easy with the occasional releveling of the bed and general checking of belts and lead screws. With the hardened steel nozzle I run I haven't had to change a nozzle out in at least six months and one full ODST costume printed.

Another option that I have is the Tronxy XY 2 Pro. It's weird to say the least. It was super cheap, it looks like it's a case of get what you paid for but it punches way above it's price point. This thing is silent, stable and prints really damn smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back