Soft Parts Accurate Odst Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned out really great... fantastic job. Glad the layouts helped.... PM your phone number, got a quick question about something I was going to run by you later tonight...

You never cease to amaze me...just phenominal work! How do you think the Rebound will hold up long-term? Have you thought about trying one of the semi-rigid plastics (like the 45D)? Either way - count me in! It will be the only ODST part I have but hey - you have to start somewhere, right?

Sean Bradley said:
Thanks everyone!

I'll put up a classified ad in a few hours for a limited run, just need to crunch some numbers. I should have some better pics tonight too, those were just what I could muster late last night.

More to come...

You know you can put me down for a pair!

- Fitz

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried out the 'hand model' thing briefly tonight, tried to shoot a few more ODST-y poses of the gloves. The pics are still not fantastic but thought I'd share them.

DSC03660w.jpg

DSC03676w.jpg

DSC03675w.jpg

DSC03686w.jpg

DSC03683w.jpg

if u do a run let me know and jw how are they connected to the glove or are they just around it.

nvm just saw it in the classifieds

Wow Sean, you are a genious my good man! I was planing on doing my own set, about the same way as you did, but with flex foamit. I'm really digging your detail. Are they actually sewn to the glove underneath?

damn you, you beat me to the gloves......i want a set, any chance you'll have a run before dragoncon?

Don't know how I missed the beginning of this thread. Another epic win Sean!! Great work!!

Wow.. thanks everyone!

To answer the above, the finished gloves I made are hand stitched to a pair of modified Rothco fingerless tactical gloves. The rubber seems holds up rather well with a 1/8" spaced stitch. I might have a go at testing the Smooth-On silicone glue to assemble them faster. Because the gloves are truly 'fingerless' and not 1/2 finger like most tactical gloves you really have to wiggle your hand in and out, but they're comfortable as hell when you have them on.

@ link: There is a pre-Dragoncon run going on right now I'm currently cranking out 2-3 cast sets a day, with more to come as I'll be making a few more production molds before the weekend. I'm holding out til Friday to place the bulk of the Rothco gloves order, and expediting them so I can have an alteration and sewing party next week. PM me if you still want a set.

With any luck I'll have enough armor together sometime soon to do a proper photoshoot.

Thanks for your continued interest everybody. Glad I can be of service to you all.

Honestly Sean, I think you continually outdo yourself with every project you take on, and strive to go higher and higher. I love your work, I've always been amazed by your tenacity in terms of armor and crafting.

- Fitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back