Another Spartan Among the Ranks (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you transform your pep files before cut and glue all parts together ? or just use files made for paper ?
Some of the files I do transform before use, after working with foam for a while you kinda learn on your own what will work and what wont. If your looking to do any foam work a lot of people have foam templates already out there for use.
Awesome looking work. Great to see the update. . . I was worried you'd gone necro on us. . . LOL! Again, great job and I look forward to seeing some more.
Yeah I disappeared for a while, but I'll try and keep you guys up to speed tonight is my make or break night lets hope we can get this done.
Wow... that's some awesome foam work there! I like the way you did the edges, makes it look like you took a few rough-and-tumbles in it.
Thank you, I Figure ive played halo since day one I couldn't have something that looks like it just rolled out of the UNSC assembly line.
wow this is unbelievable! That battle damage is amazing! And that is an incredible foam helmet,
(ps I love the reflective tape for the boots.)
g.
I've thought about doing a painting tutorial just to help some people out with the weathering, if I could get enough supporters I think I'll do it.

that reflective tape adds a really nice effect to the boots, i'm really digging the shoes

Thank you its not an original idea actually something I've seen on other builds, but as for the shoes there was no template, the first pair i made looked horrible so I done those on the fly and was way more satisfied.

thank you all i have left is to attach the shoulder and im off to the con in 4 hours..... with no sleep seeing as im working tonight and dont get off until 3 hours before the con..... ouch

well if its worth it then it will be okay lol. TAKE PICTURES!! lol

Looks very nice, just one Advice...you got the Bicep Armor false, left is right and right is left.

You got the back Parts on Front^^

ha ha are you serious? lmao I think I even wore them to the con like that ha ha ha ha but no one said anything lol.....

after a little over 36 hours without sleep we had fun and still got everything done on our suits... I didn't get to take very many pictures but the good thing is everyone will start uploading them to the cons web page and facebook group so hopefully I can get a **** load of pictures for you guys....

But for now this is one of the only pictures I do have....
55061_439026162827943_336172847_o.jpg

freakin awesome! hey what did u use to mount your armor on.. Velcro, buckles,...?

I hope you know how awesome your paint job is.....and how clean your foam work is.....your intensely good at this. I hope there is more to come.

You're armor looks awesome. Love the newest photo's, looks like you were having allot of fun.:D

Nice job there man! Mind if I ask how did you get the edges to have a "burnt" look? Like how your forearm is yellow, but every edge is burnt some, and I would like to know how to get that look...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, now i guess its time to completely finish up this build and start planning the next one.

Nice job there man! Mind if I ask how did you get the edges to have a "burnt" look? Like how your forearm is yellow, but every edge is burnt some, and I would like to know how to get that look...
First thing I do is lay down my base colors get everything mapped out and then I take flat black paint and use an airbrush and do all the edges with that it looks kinda crappy at this point but then when i go back in with silver to add the scratches it really brings the paintjob to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back