ARGUS GEN2 - Linda-058

So after the gore and quite a bit of (re)prints, I finally had enough decent quality parts to produce something that looks like a gun.View attachment 327324

With the things I've learned, I'm using a different model from Oddworks to include the internals and give it a more animated look. With this one and its state, I'll try out how I want to paint this, and continue to draw on it with a sharpie for ideas. Bring it on.
Looks like a great prop!

*Rubs the paddles* So I've had life run into my face quite a bit over the past eight months and prevented me from doing much with my build. Anyway, now that things are a bit more stable, I took a crack at trying to reassemble my magnum.

Then I dropped it.
IMG_20231016_184652.jpg

So the thing I learned about this is the two main frame parts have some tight tolerances and one bad moment can cause the whole thing to just break. Additionally, the way this is held together is explained as just elastic bands, but that doesn't seem like its going to work. I'm going to reprint a few parts in stages, starting with the frame, then try to figure out what else is appropriate to do.

Warm up the M5, its back to work...

*Rubs the paddles* So I've had life run into my face quite a bit over the past eight months and prevented me from doing much with my build. Anyway, now that things are a bit more stable, I took a crack at trying to reassemble my magnum.

Then I dropped it.
View attachment 337155

So the thing I learned about this is the two main frame parts have some tight tolerances and one bad moment can cause the whole thing to just break. Additionally, the way this is held together is explained as just elastic bands, but that doesn't seem like its going to work. I'm going to reprint a few parts in stages, starting with the frame, then try to figure out what else is appropriate to do.

Warm up the M5, its back to work...
Is it just rubber bands? I thought pretty much all of Oddworks's files are bolt together.

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back