Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prying this open again...

I had planned on updating earlier in the year after making some more mods to the suit but then the mods never happened so I didn't. Now I need the suit for the Winter Festival down in Queenstown in June* so I'm trying again:

4558237693_fcaa1ab54d_m.jpg 4558869422_083e72ba1d_m.jpg

Nothing spectacular as yet, cut off the side strap things (they'll reattach later) so I could fit the whole suit in one box for transport and removed a lot of the crap I was never happy with.

Still plenty to do to it, like having actual vents and some more styrene detailing but yeah, keep an eye on this space. Going to be fixing the torso, Mk V helmet and maybe a few little things here and there. I'd like to get lighting done too but we'll see.

*Hopefully there'll be some snow around for some interesting photo opportunities ;)

Belakor said:
Prying this open again...

I had planned on updating earlier in the year after making some more mods to the suit but then the mods never happened so I didn't. Now I need the suit for the Winter Festival down in Queenstown in June* so I'm trying again:

4558237693_fcaa1ab54d_m.jpg 4558869422_083e72ba1d_m.jpg

Nothing spectacular as yet, cut off the side strap things (they'll reattach later) so I could fit the whole suit in one box for transport and removed a lot of the crap I was never happy with.

Still plenty to do to it, like having actual vents and some more styrene detailing but yeah, keep an eye on this space. Going to be fixing the torso, Mk V helmet and maybe a few little things here and there. I'd like to get lighting done too but we'll see.

*Hopefully there'll be some snow around for some interesting photo opportunities ;)

Bro! i feel likes it has been forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drgnfyre4 said:
Looks like a fun bit of cleanup!

Yeah, it's pretty straight forward and not overly involved but I'm getting pretty sick of the suit :pIt's been almost two years now I think since I started

Spartan 051 said:
haha who needs snow snow just left here time for the warm months...Are you ever going to use your recon for this build?

I haven't actually been near snow in at least 10 years now, saw it briefly a couple years ago, way in the distance though :pNot sure about the Recon yet, still have the sculpt sitting in the wardrobe waiting for me to do something with it...

4559061327_a8e3ce6a6c.jpg

ratchet_fan said:
Bro! i feel likes it has been forever!

Even longer for me! It's the suit that never stops needing to be worked on :lol

Spartan 051 said:
always thought New Zealand have a bit of snow being fairly south of the equator

Lots of places do, largely in the south island and lower north island but up here in the northern half of the north island it's too close to the equator to get snow. It'll get real cold and will hail occasionally but I don't think it's ever snowed this far north.

It can snow pretty bad though, last time I tried to get to this Winter Festival all flights in to Queenstown were cancelled and I couldn't get anywhere near it... this year I'm going a few days early just to make sure I get there ;)

tomvdog said:
all I have to say is wow your stuff looks great!!

rvb18 said:
im glad your getting back on the armor trail, cant wait for updates

Not a lot in the way of updates just yet, had to help someone move to a new place, but some progress nonetheless:

4592813573_7ce4e52c05.jpg

4593434790_a13c5a7933.jpg

Crap pics because I'm having to use my iPhone but the Mk V is being marked up for modification and fitting of a new visor sometime soon, I'm also tidying up the hand plates... mostly just making it more rounded like they should be.

Also in that last pic is something new to go with the armour, my own take on the movie version of Mjolnir from Thor (based on what little I remember of it)

4593237586_aaa477941a.jpg

4592617115_3a72839d90.jpg

Figured it might be cool to have Mjolnir the hammer with Mjolnir the armour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back