Canadian Regiment Member Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Though there has been a little discussion taking place within our sub-forum here lately, I find our own little section of the 405th isn't being utilized as much as it could (or should) be. As the one currently in charge of the Canadian regiment, I have a responsibility to engage our active members in activities that will help to bring us together into a more cohesive group.

That's kind of the whole point of being in this regiment, after all ;) lol

To that end, I decided to post a new thread wherein any active Canadian regiment members can show us what projects they either have on the go or plan to do in the near future. I'll go first, then. Below is a comprehensive (and rather long, lol) projects list, the items listed at the top are currently in development and the items listed below those are future planned builds.

You'll notice the main focus is Star Trek props, as that's what got me into the prop hobby fourteen years ago and is still what I like to do most. That, and I have a bunch of fellow Trek buddies online who like these items as much as I do, so I do the R&D needed to mold/cast them and kit them out to make a few extra bucks.

Recently I posted a reply in a thread over at the RPF (another prop forum) where the OP was asking others what thier projects lists were. This was mine:

Current WiP's on the bench:

+ TOS Weapons Locker (x2, as seen in TOS episode The Galileo Seven)
+ TNG Subspace Beacon (as seen in the TNG episode Schisms)
+ TMP Vulcan Kolinahr Necklace (in R&D phase at the moment)
+ TNG/DS9 Dermal Regenerator (started molding/casting a few parts)
+ VOY Neural Stimulator (not to be confused with the Cortical Stimulator, lol)
+ TNG Medkit X-mas Ornament (2.5" tall, with in-scale Mk X, PADD & Hypospray compartment)
+ Accurized Hallmark Galileo Shuttlecraft (made to look like full-size mock-up)
+ Concept VOY Mk VIII Tricorder (based on original sketch by Rick Sternbach)
+ "In Service" Cardassian PADD (as seen in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual)
+ "In Service" Mk X Tricorder (as seen in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual)
+ TNG Wall Replicator (basic frame built, LCARS graphic has been made)

Plan to do:

+ VOY Medical Devices (2 different versions)
+ TNG Laser Scalpel (only seen early in TNG, using Rick Sternbach sketch for reference)
+ Concept TNG "Arrowhead" Phaser (own design)
+ "In Service" Federation PADD (as seen in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual)
+ "In Service" Klingon PADD (as seen in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual)
+ "In Service" Ferengi PADD (as seen in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual)
+ 20-inch Space: Above and Beyond ISSCV (will be detailed to look like actual CG model)
+ Studio-scale (22-inch) Galileo Shuttlecraft (restart; first one didn't work out)
+ Studio-scale Federation Spacedock (approx. 5 feet tall, ST:III TSFS version)
+ TNG Desktop Viewer (x2 -- in Black [LCARS graphic has been made] & Almond)
+ VOY Desktop Viewer (x3 -- in Grey, Medical Blue & Janeway Green)
+ Picard Family Desktop Viewer
+ Klingon Desktop Viewer (as seen in DS9)
+ TNG Season 1-3 briefcase-style Medkit
+ Danube Class Runabout Subspace Transceiver (as seen in the DS9 episode Ascent; LCARS graphics have been made)
+ Studio-scale USS Grissom (28" long, ST:III TSFS)
+ Studio-scale Runabout Rio Grande (19.5" long)
+ Studio-scale Cardassian Galor Class Cruiser (36" long)
+ Studio-scale Ent-C (41" long)
+ Ent-D OPS Station (manned by Lt.Cmdr. Data; guess you could call this my "Captain's Chair", lol)
+ Life-size Ent-D Shuttlepod El Baz

A few folks I know had commented on the number of projects I've got on the go, but not until I itemized them did I realize how many there are, lol. Yikes :p

So now, what do all of your projects lists look like? Hopefully seeing what our active members are each working on will motivate you to post WiP threads showcasing your progress on whichever project(s) you have in the works.

EDIT: I realize many of you may not be familiar with anything I posted above, so I can explain or post pics to elaborate on anything you ask. And yes, I know there really isn't anything HALO related in the list. The only project I've got planned is my HALO Reach armour, which is still in its very early stages.

That's a lot of projects you got there Spartan :) Best of luck with them.

My main project is:

Spartan A035 - Halo 5, Helljumper
Status [Template & Foam] Foam - Clean up - Seal - Paint - Complete

Wish everyone the best of luck with you're projects, look foreword to seeing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good idea. Re-inspiration just went up 110% :cool

For myself, my projects were altered drastically based on a trip planned for this year's Dragon*Con. So my Halo armor is put on hold for now. Since we're all the way up in the lovely North, these WIPs are restricted to whatever can fit into a suitcase. (lol). I wish I were joking, but my friend gets a good laugh out my blind ambition that it'll fit.

Anyways, here's my list that's Halo/Destiny themed for 2015:

Queen of the Reef - Destiny
25% complete
-Templates are nearly complete for both shoulder pieces, vest, belt, and leg braces.
---base design is already pinned for the vest, just need to sew and add detailing with sleeves. The back skirt (titan mark?) will be spray-painted fabric. I'm curious to see how this part will turn out.

Props:

Grifball - Halo 4
I'm surprised no one's created a pepakura of this yet, so I've been busy creating my own template. This will be a combination of foam and a type of plastic vinyl for the 3-dimensional skull in the center.

Gravity Hammer [customized] - Halo 4
-template in progress. This version will be a smaller, more portable variant for flight travel, while staying true to the design of the weapon in-game. The plan is to add a cross body strap with the Queen's symbol etched on, and perhaps purple/gold lights in the hammer itself. I thought it'd be fun to have the Queen take over the sport of Grifball, because I personally love the game and was part of a team for 2.5 seasons in the legacy leagues when the A.G.L.A. went viral on Halo 3.

I try not to get ahead of myself. There's so many wonderful ideas one could do, but time is of the essence.
So far, I love everyone's ideas. I'm hoping to have a thread up sometime in March. (I work better with given deadlines) ;)

Edit:

Currently working on a semi-Spartan build out of EVA foam with a custom paint pattern you may find familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back