Centurion Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok quick photo dump on last month's NYC Comicon. Met up w/ a few HALO Cosplayers including vivalablake89 in his awesome Emile suit!!!

View attachment 33310View attachment 33311

That is my son, second from the left, in his soon to be too small for him MC build.....going to have to make him a new one.........

And no HALO photo session isn't complete w/o a lineup of brain buckets

View attachment 33312

sorry for the small format......it came via my daughter who sent it in the wrong format......but you get the jist of it.

These are some awesome shots man What an awesome day, and was so glad to meet you bro!!! Thanks for the shoutout on your thread I am honored.

Also Dude that Chest, and arms is looking sick, and lets not forget about the BOOTS ;), your Foam skills are amazing keep up it up Spartan!!!

Thank you but 'My foam skills are amazing'? Have you seen your suit lately.......I was drooling over yours it was so good. My son is already outgrowing his so I asked him if he wanted me to build another Chief suit and of course he said he wants an Emile.......I think this is the hardest suit to build but one of the most recognizable ones aside from the MC........ The thing is....if I build it, he'll outgrow it in less than a year.

Hahaha me and my wife are so not looking forward to kids for this reason alone lol, If you need any help for the Emile just PM me and I'll help you best I can.

Thank you but 'My foam skills are amazing'? Have you seen your suit lately.......I was drooling over yours it was so good. My son is already outgrowing his so I asked him if he wanted me to build another Chief suit and of course he said he wants an Emile.......I think this is the hardest suit to build but one of the most recognizable ones aside from the MC........ The thing is....if I build it, he'll outgrow it in less than a year.

Let him out grow it. I think its awesome you are spending time with your kids in this way. I hope I get to share something like this with mine when my wife and I have some mini Spartans of our own LOL.

Hahaha me and my wife are so not looking forward to kids for this reason alone lol, If you need any help for the Emile just PM me and I'll help you best I can.

I know how you feel.. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't give up the kids for anything in the world. I just miss the "Just us" time......It's getting there though. As the kids get older, they become less dependent and the "Just us" time creeps back. We just have forgotten what to do during those times yet. .....we"ll figure it out.

Let him out grow it. I think its awesome you are spending time with your kids in this way. I hope I get to share something like this with mine when my wife and I have some mini Spartans of our own LOL.

In that case.......let me throw some blessings your way: And so I come to You, O Lord, King of Kings, and I cast my petition before You. And my eyes depend on You that You should be gracious to me and hear my plea, to bring forth sons and daughters, and they should be fruitful and multiply, they and their children and their children's children, till the end of all generations. For the Purpose that we all will be busy with Your holy Bible, to study and teach and to guard and to perform it. Amen.

Thanks dude, you can rest assured that when we do have our first that kids face will be posted EVERYWHERE lol. When my niece was born I told the whole office (granted most of my office is women so it was really welcomed, I also have standing orders to bring her in lol) but needless to say I was a proud uncle!

I hear you Dives, I just know that when me and the wife have kids if they are anything like me and her they will be putting in Spartan armor requests before they can walk lol :lol. I just hope they turn out short like their mother so I it gives me some time to work with haha.

Ha!!! they will be growing like weeds......No shot for my kids to be short though....I'm 6'3" wife is 6'1".....My youngest is 11 and she is as tall as some of my oldest's friends...... and they are 18-19. Getting armor for a crew like that......I would have to restart building for the 1st as soon as I finished the last.

Dirtdives, your foam skills ARE amazing. I just wish I could make stuff to that level (I'm not even remotely close, LOL)

It's awesome to see not only your build coming together, but the fact that you can do this as a family. Every con I've ever been to, it's awesome seeing families there together.

Also, personal opinion, he wants an Emile suit, teach him how to make his own! XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirtdives, your foam skills ARE amazing. I just wish I could make stuff to that level (I'm not even remotely close, LOL)

It's awesome to see not only your build coming together, but the fact that you can do this as a family. Every con I've ever been to, it's awesome seeing families there together.

Also, personal opinion, he wants an Emile suit, teach him how to make his own! XD

Dont feel bad. I am not anywhere near their skill levels either....I hope I can learn enough to make armor the best I can.

Dont feel bad. I am not anywhere near their skill levels either....I hope I can learn enough to make armor the best I can.

Sentri TutlarAce06,Thank you for your compliments. It means a lot! I'm just trying to make the best suit I can......I know that my skill has improved from when I first started, but as we all know, we are are own worst critic so "Amazing" ........I just can't wrap my neanderthal brain around it yet. Let's see how badly I mess it up w/ my paint job.

Ok quick update:

I did forget to list 2 additional armor items that need to be built. The butt plate and cod. I was working on those yesterday and I messed up on the cod....I made it too small......but the butt plate came out nice:

IMG_0078.JPG Just needs a little under cutting and a touch of the heat gun to curve it a bit and it will be ready for plasta dipping. I also added the finishing touch on the boosters exhaust ports:

IMG_0079.JPG It's the same on the other side. So as per my reference pic, this portion on the booster is done. I have a few more detailing to do (dam there are a lot of these little detail things to do) and I will be done.

Now I though of adding my Colonial Logo to one of the boosters outer wall section, or just put the dealing as it should be........not sure but I have everything cut and ready to go either way.....I might have space on the chest just below the collar but again, I have plans for that area. I would like to put the 405th logo as well as my call-sign "Dirtdives".......running out of room for stuff I want to put. I actually have to check w/ FANGS on the legal placement of logos. Something I vaguely remember reading. I'll have to look it up.

Again, guys, thanks for the compliments and as always, comments, criticism and tips are always welcome.

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Dude you are doing a fantastic job. Just take your time on it and dont forget to try paint on test pieces first before your main pieces. Testing makes for perfection. Above all else.....dont forget to have fun with it!

I haven't been around much, the suit is looking great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know......you missed a lot of meme poster moments..........:D

There were some pretty great meme moments, but be careful Jme, the ban hammer has been lurking these parts more frequently now. It wasn't my fault though.... :angel

Oh...I just heard another section of the wall going up...........:devil.....

Quick pre weekend update:

I got my high-tech hockey cup done!!

IMG_0084.JPG

Ready to be plasta-dipped and painted.

On a sad note, I need a new undersuit. Mine has met w/ a tragic end. A science experiment gone horrifically and hysterically wrong has destroyed my undersuit. I was looking in to getting a morph suit but how do I cut out the face area w/o exposing my neck? The hands would be easy to cut and keep the ends from rolling up, Do they make headless and hand-less morph suits? I've only ever seen the full body ones.

Quick pre weekend update:

I got my high-tech hockey cup done!!

View attachment 33712

Ready to be plasta-dipped and painted.

On a sad note, I need a new undersuit. Mine has met w/ a tragic end. A science experiment gone horrifically and hysterically wrong has destroyed my undersuit. I was looking in to getting a morph suit but how do I cut out the face area w/o exposing my neck? The hands would be easy to cut and keep the ends from rolling up, Do they make headless and hand-less morph suits? I've only ever seen the full body ones.

I have to ask.....what happened to your undersuit?

And Zentai has one Halo undersuit, Other than that they should have some that do not have a hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back