Centurion Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick pre weekend update:

I got my high-tech hockey cup done!!

View attachment 33712

Ready to be plasta-dipped and painted.

On a sad note, I need a new undersuit. Mine has met w/ a tragic end. A science experiment gone horrifically and hysterically wrong has destroyed my undersuit. I was looking in to getting a morph suit but how do I cut out the face area w/o exposing my neck? The hands would be easy to cut and keep the ends from rolling up, Do they make headless and hand-less morph suits? I've only ever seen the full body ones.
I am sorry for your loss...as for the cutting the head section off, maybe you could just cut out the face section so you leave the neck part intact and no skin is showing when wearing your helmet. I know it's a bad example but this is what I'm talking about:
IMG_2507.JPG

I have to ask.....what happened to your undersuit?

A chemical reaction from a cheap volcano science set that exploded all over the basement. I didn't realize that some of it splashed on my old skydive jumpsuit which I was going to use as my undersuit. Well something in the volcano's chemical makeup reacted to the mannequin's body form and it started melting. 1 whole leg was glued to the suit so.......1 lost suit and 1 dead mannequin.

I am sorry for your loss...as for the cutting the head section off, maybe you could just cut out the face section so you leave the neck part intact and no skin is showing when wearing your helmet. I know it's a bad example but this is what I'm talking about:
View attachment 33723

Yeah, this is what I had in mind......just not in Lego form ;). The problem is if I do cut it.....what is to stop the opening from "running" off my chin and exposing skin?

The problem is if I do cut it.....what is to stop the opening from "running" off my chin and exposing skin?

A better example would have it like a ski mask but instead of just your eyes showing you'll cut it out until it reaches the bottom of your lip so it still covers your chin.

compressionz-ski-mask.jpg

Well, plasta-dip yes.....paint, I think I'll wait till I've built everything. and do the paint all in one go. This way if I'm doing something particular for one, I do it for all.

After you cut the morph suit, fold over the material and put a stitch all the way around it. This should stop possible running if the material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate sewing as well.......I only do it if I have no other choice........My wife doesn't even sew!!!! But yes this is an option........

Ok, not sure if this counts as inspiration....more like frustration.......but I started working on my shins. I'm unable to get the correct sizing due to .....once again......templates not transferring correctly to foam. Things are out of wack and I'm not liking the progress so far....

IMG_0119.JPGIMG_0120.JPG

I worked out the basic shape of the sides close enough. The templates were ok for that part. The side of the knee caps is way out of wack. The center hole should be more rectangular that trapezoidal, and it is too stubby and needs to be elongated, The cuts on the front are exactly right as are the cross pieces. I just need to fill the mid section in. I cut a piece last night but didn't cut it wide enough to cover the deeper cut out areas. I hate wasting foam. It's only off by 1/2 inch on each side. I could add a bit to each side but I would rather it be 1 solid piece. Once that it done, then comes the hardest part I think. The calf area. I'm hoping my template works out correctly but knowing my track record........The calf section needs to be "rounded outward", bulging out really, to conform w/ the calf itself.....not an easy task. I have been thinking of cutting a bridge piece and heating it up enough to stretch that section out to fit accordingly. I'm to totally dissatisfied w/ this so far but I know I can do better and may just scrap this piece. Craft foam cover ups and sanding only go so far.......

And on a personal note: Due to holiday madness, my own personal scheduling of a 2nd job, and an upcoming medical procedure....updates may take longer than normal. I know all of you are waiting on the completion of this suit w/ baited breath, but I have to do what I must to pay the bills first.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
-Jeremiah 29:11

I can understand that it gets pretty frustrating, and I'm sorry that some parts aren't working the way they aren't suppose to. But, don't feel pressured by us to get everything done perfectly as fast as possible, we'd prefer you keep your sanity and stay happy and enjoy building your suit rather than you beating yourself over it. Best of luck my friend and keep your spirits high! We've got your back no matter what your shins look like. :D

No pressure other than what I put on myself. Not a perfectionist but I know when something isn't right. And I was being facetious regarding everyone wait for me to finish.......I'm going to take my own sweet time.......Next NYC Comicon is not until October....but I think that won't be the debut of it. I have plenty of time and still plenty to do though. Trying to convince the wife to come to come w/ me and the kids to SciFi Con in Altoona PA in June. Its only a 5 hour drive....... So that might be a date to set myself for.

Ok, not sure if this counts as inspiration....more like frustration.......but I started working on my shins. I'm unable to get the correct sizing due to .....once again......templates not transferring correctly to foam. Things are out of wack and I'm not liking the progress so far....

View attachment 34045View attachment 34046

I worked out the basic shape of the sides close enough. The templates were ok for that part. The side of the knee caps is way out of wack. The center hole should be more rectangular that trapezoidal, and it is too stubby and needs to be elongated, The cuts on the front are exactly right as are the cross pieces. I just need to fill the mid section in. I cut a piece last night but didn't cut it wide enough to cover the deeper cut out areas. I hate wasting foam. It's only off by 1/2 inch on each side. I could add a bit to each side but I would rather it be 1 solid piece. Once that it done, then comes the hardest part I think. The calf area. I'm hoping my template works out correctly but knowing my track record........The calf section needs to be "rounded outward", bulging out really, to conform w/ the calf itself.....not an easy task. I have been thinking of cutting a bridge piece and heating it up enough to stretch that section out to fit accordingly. I'm to totally dissatisfied w/ this so far but I know I can do better and may just scrap this piece. Craft foam cover ups and sanding only go so far.......

And on a personal note: Due to holiday madness, my own personal scheduling of a 2nd job, and an upcoming medical procedure....updates may take longer than normal. I know all of you are waiting on the completion of this suit w/ baited breath, but I have to do what I must to pay the bills first.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!

I know dem feels I have been struggling a few aspects of this build too. The shins, forearms and thrusters in particular. I have found myself ''freestyling'' a lot of this build.
The gaps in the shin piece below I freestyled to make them work. The pep files were too tricky to work with
shins.PNG
most of this is YOLO'd
Shins and shoes.PNG

No. get it done NOW!

Just kidding. Plenty of time NYCC 2020 is a good debut date (nice round number). Then, if you get it done before you are miles ahead!

No. get it done NOW!

Just kidding. Plenty of time NYCC 2020 is a good debut date (nice round number). Then, if you get it done before you are miles ahead!

I just made a huge donation to the wall in your name............:D..........2020........your not nice Jme........but we still like you........kind of.

I just made a huge donation to the wall in your name............:D..........2020........your not nice Jme........but we still like you........kind of.

I think Dirtdives has something against Canadians....welcome to the wall club Jme, we've been expecting you.

Also, *you're

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back