Crafting Krazy Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychopanda

Jr Member
So I went to Wally World for a little paint run and whilst strolling through the aisle perusing at random nick nacks, as I often do, I stumbled across some Crazy Glue in the crafting section. I decided to pick some up. The Glue I bought came in a green tube and had the text "Instant Krazy Glue: Craft" and it's the Gel type.

Anywho, I bought some straps from a local fabric store and decided to try it out on that. I cut my chest piece away from the back plate then used the glue, along with the straps, to piece the two back together. It held up strong and is still holding.

I also picked up some foam and tried the glue on that. The foam I placed in my armor is holding firm and the only way I could get a piece out was to forcefully rip it out.

Just like with other glues I had to hold the piece in place for a few seconds to get it to stay.

I'm attaching a picture of the bottle incase anyone was interested in trying it out.

glue.jpg

Edit: I'm using this to hold my visor in place (It's the plastic from a CD spindle) and it's not holding as well as I'd hoped but it's holding.

Crazy Glue and Locite Super Glue are one in the same. Liquid or gel. I used the the same method for my straps. Works good but I did have my thighs break while wearing them. Each glue is strong but will break off straps more easy because of the breaded material if it is bearing a load. This is just my experience with the glue. I glue about a 1 inch by 1.5inch length (1 inch wide straps) and even with that much surface area still had the strap come lose off Fiberglass and plastic (smoothcast)

I would suggest NOT to us it for you visor. You only get one shot to put it in right and would be a pain to take out if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back