Did I Buy The Right Resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uepari

I got my resin, but I'm not sure if I can use it...It is Bondo brand, but it's called Fiberglass Resin Jelly. Is it the same stuff or should I return it and find something different?

Underdogg13 said:
Hm, not sure. I've heard of the stuff before, just never heard what it was used for.

Dear God, man, you replied WITHIN THE MINUTE. XD Anyway, according to the label it's for repair and such...it's a large-ish cylinder, but has the same picture (White truck towing a boat) Only difference is it's jelly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uepari said:
Dear God, man, you replied WITHIN THE MINUTE. XD Anyway, according to the label it's for repair and such...it's a large-ish cylinder, but has the same picture (White truck towing a boat) Only difference is it's jelly.

How viscous is it? Like water, or like molasses?

Underdogg13 said:
How viscous is it? Like water, or like molasses?

Haven't opened it yet, and won't be until Tuesday. My parents are uncomfortable with me doing it alone, so my dad's gonna help me, but I don't want to open it just to have the 12 bucks I spent wasted...

Also, pic because it happened (Sorry 'bout the quality):

012239.jpg

Edit: I looked it up on Google, and yes, it's jelly-like (NO WAYZ). I'll try to get to Wal-Mart this weekend and return it and get the normal resin.

Ah, i hope someone with experince can answer your question. I personaly have no clue both im sure it will work, but Bondo Resin without the jelly is what people usually use

one on left

100_0310.jpg

Resin Jelly is different from Resin. Not in functionality, it'll do what you want. There's a topic discussing this and methods on how to use it.

I'll edit post with link when I find it.

Edit: Yeah, just search "resin jelly" in the search bar and some discussion pops up. I'd talk to DoC ByTeS, or whatever his capital letters are, he uses Jelly a lot.

Drakku said:
Resin Jelly is different from Resin. Not in functionality, it'll do what you want. There's a topic discussing this and methods on how to use it.

I'll edit post with link when I find it.

Edit: Yeah, just search "resin jelly" in the search bar and some discussion pops up. I'd talk to DoC ByTeS, or whatever his capital letters are, he uses Jelly a lot.

Actually, after reading some of that, I think this "accident" might be beneficial...What the heck, I'll give this stuff a shot.

Imagine fiberglass resin, with the consistency of jelly. This is what fiberglass jelly is like. Some people say it's easier to use, since it doesn't drip as much. I've always wanted to try it, but the Lowes by me doesn't stock it. :\

Achille said:
Imagine fiberglass resin, with the consistency of jelly. This is what fiberglass jelly is like. Some people say it's easier to use, since it doesn't drip as much. I've always wanted to try it, but the Lowes by me doesn't stock it. :\

I've never used any sort of resin. XP I got mine at Wal-Mart. 12-aught bucks for 2 pounds 7 ounces, plus an ounce of the catalyst. I actually bought it by accident. I was in a hurry and didn't notice the word "jelly" on it. I'll try to film it when I put it on, so all you guys can see it, unless someone already has.

I actually remember reading somewhere that others have said to not use the jelly. There might be a difference in the consistency compared to regular resin, but that I am unsure of. I too have come across the jelly, but I have never bought it myself. I get the fiberglass resin.

HaloGoddess said:
I actually remember reading somewhere that others have said to not use the jelly. There might be a difference in the consistency compared to regular resin, but that I am unsure of. I too have come across the jelly, but I have never bought it myself. I get the fiberglass resin.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11425

I'm going by this tutorial, since I already have the jelly and he says it can replace the body filler. I'll still be getting the normal fiberglass resin, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back