Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo 2015 (aka ECEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi Ranger

Member DIN
S777
Greetings troops!

Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo 2015 (aka ECEE)
Sep 25, 2015 - 3pm - 8pm
Sep 26, 2015 - 10am - 7pm
Sep 27, 2015 - 10am - 5pm

I am wondering how many of you on here, are planning on going to ECEE this year? I have created a (private) Facebook event page to coordinate those people that I do know or have met locally.

I am thinking a group Halo day for Saturday, either the first half or the second half of the day. I say only a half, because I will probably be changing half-way through the day.

If anyone here wants to coordinate, let me know and I will send you an invite to the FB event page. That is, if you use FB!

I will be in my ODST (with a few changes hopefully completed!!)

Reminder: our local conventions (as compared to US cons) are VERY VERY stingy and restrictive on props/weapons. Unfortunately, in recent years, most Halo weapons have been blocked, especially the magnums. So I have gone from UNSC weapons to (captured) Covenant weapons. I don't even bother with my (UNSC) sniper rifle anymore; Expo staff have blocked DMRs and SMGs also. My SAW was also hassled at last year's ECEE.

I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday in my spartan suit!

Last year I had no issues getting my magnum in. I just went through the weapons line-up, they saw that it was foam, and allowed it in.

If you want to hit me up on Facebook for that group, I'll shoot you my full name over a pm!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

It was fantastic! Thanks to Jedi Ranger for setting up the group on FB to get the info out. Next year I hope to join you all in my gear as well! And if we can wrangle even more of the Halo costumers that sort of drifted away from the 405th years ago to come back, we should have a really great presence there. Maybe we can even shoot for April for the Calgary Comic and Enertainment Expo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, and you're welcome!

I am hopeful that CCEE 2016 can be another great Halo gathering! I have not been able to top my numbers from a few years ago, but with the rise of foam popularity, the numbers of armoured fans is growing quickly! Every Expo, I hear about or even meet new Halo fans, either with newly fabricated armour, or armour in the works, unfortunately, I quite often forget to give out my contact cards! :( May be time for new cards, but now featuring the 405th!

As for getting some people BACK to the 405th, that has been difficult; it has left a bitter taste in some people's mouths. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back