Eod And Mk6 W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT-GRAVE said:
hey guys. im getting close to being able to wear some of this stuff. now before someone complains, i have looked for the past 2 days on this.

im trying to find the tread on what to do with the armor after its painted. or how to wear it. so cut locations, padding and straps/velcro.

i did do a search and i went through the threads. i probable missed it. but i need to know soon. i only have 4 weeks to finish this and some of it i want to wear this weekend

bump

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what sucks about canada? it gets cold way too fast. was about to go do some more resin work to finish off the armor while the site was down. but its gotten too cold for the resin and i dont have a heated place to work on it for now. so temporarily i will just be pep'n stuff. im gonna try the gundam some one put up here. i like it!

got the helm pep'd next the chest. too bad the lay out is bad and i cant size it without trial and error... there goes my paper...

WELL! the cruel canadian cold has let up for a bit and i was able to do some more fiberglass. the thighs have been reinforced, greaves reinforced and the bicepts are on their first layer. if this keeps up i should have most of it done except for the chest which is giving me trouble doing the HD model. with a lot of hard work, it could be done by haloween. pics to come soon.

ultrawombat222 said:
question, what material did you end up using for the visors?

cheap $1 store sun glasses, but what im not showing... is they dont fit worth a ####. i have a bunch of other lenses im going to try in them. Ithica is the only other that i know that has a finished EOD, but i dont know if he made it wearable or if it even has the eyes cut out

LT-GRAVE said:
cheap $1 store sun glasses, but what im not showing... is they dont fit worth a ####. i have a bunch of other lenses im going to try in them. Ithica is the only other that i know that has a finished EOD, but i dont know if he made it wearable or if it even has the eyes cut out

at least its not as bad as the EVA/SPI helmet. when you find a match for visors can you tell me? im currently making my own HD EOD helmet and i would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me the style of sunglasses you used.

ultrawombat222 said:
at least its not as bad as the EVA/SPI helmet. when you find a match for visors can you tell me? im currently making my own HD EOD helmet and i would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me the style of sunglasses you used.

i can try, but there are 2 things.

1. texas and canada are going to have completely different styles that may not be the same shapes.

2. depending on how your helm turns out around the eyes, you may have better or worse luck then me finding lenses.

so basically when your done the final fiberglass, see what the curves are inside around the eyes and check some cheap stores. i really wanted to get a pair of yellow lenses, but it seems that there are not any in my city.. so ya.

if i do find anything i will post a pic of what worked

LT-GRAVE said:
you know what sucks about canada? it gets cold way too fast. was about to go do some more resin work to finish off the armor while the site was down. but its gotten too cold for the resin and i dont have a heated place to work on it for now. so temporarily i will just be pep'n stuff. im gonna try the gundam some one put up here. i like it!

got the helm pep'd next the chest. too bad the lay out is bad and i cant size it without trial and error... there goes my paper...

Wow, you and I have the exact same armours ( and weather problems, I'm in new brunswick and it is -8 degrees)

PS I am just using some old sun glasses I found in the city dump! ^^

actually im not doing the 5, im doing the 6, but i cant change the title of the tread. good luck with the sunglasses hope they fit.

no, just the mk6. but that project is on hold right now cause i want to build my gundam, but m also looking at other ways to build besides pep

to change the title of your thread go to your first post and hit the edit button then hit full editor that will bring you to a page similar to the one when you were naming the thread. from there you can change title, description, ect..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back