Fiberglass on small parts of suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakndaitou

Hi there! I'm new, but I had a quick question. I've looked around for a answer to this, but haven't found one. I'm looking to add strength to smaller sections of my suit, where I'm not able to reinforce it with fiberglass. I've looked into foam, I'd honestly prefer a Pep only build, as I like that look better.

For example, I am doing a Carter build, and looking to reinforce his chest attachments and his head communicator. Have any of yall had this problem? If so how did you handle it. Thanks!

If you're having issues, I can suggest two things:

One: use the end of a pencil to poke your fibreglass into the corners.
Two: Pour some resin into those areas and allow it to set. Don't pour too much, but filling the corners up with resin will usually work.

If you're having issues, I can suggest two things:

One: use the end of a pencil to poke your fibreglass into the corners.
Two: Pour some resin into those areas and allow it to set. Don't pour too much, but filling the corners up with resin will usually work.

Awesome thanks. Looks like I needs to redo some Pepakura, but that's to be expected I gather.

Awesome thanks. Looks like I needs to redo some Pepakura, but that's to be expected I gather.

If you've already applied a hardening layer to your piece then you'll be able to roll some resin into your enclosed spaces with no worries.

If you've already applied a hardening layer to your piece then you'll be able to roll some resin into your enclosed spaces with no worries.

Yeah that's what I'm figuring out. I had to cut it back open, but it should be good. I'll fiberglass it with a small rod, so I can get it down in all the small places. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back