Fiberglassing Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordRahl

I'm almost done folding and gluing my ODST armor, but, as I'm ready to resin and fiberglass, winter comes. I know you need to fiberglass the armor outside, and the last thing I want to do is fiberglass in cold weather. Does anyone know what I should do?

Wow dylan, stfu and get off. He doesn't need pictures, that's NOT THE POINT! He is wondering what he should do for fiberglassing when it's winter.

That better? And like Bobo said, that's irrelevent to my question. The Pic files are big for some reason so I can't upload the calves, gauntlet, or SMG. If only I knew about the H3 files when I first discovered Pepakura and started the project...

looking like some good pep skills, keep it up , you can pretty much fiberglass all the time it just takes more ingredients : catalyst

please bobo , try not to be so aggressive towards members for saying that quote , it isnt nice and can start a flame

"treat other the way you want to be treated"

=

with respect

Bobo The PandaX said:
Wow dylan, stfu and get off. He doesn't need pictures, that's NOT THE POINT! He is wondering what he should do for fiberglassing when it's winter.

Hey, show some respect man, people make mistakes.

To answer the question, some people make boxes lined (inside) with tinfoil or some kind of insulator (that wont burn), make a small hole in the side and stick a heat lamp in the hole, that will give significant heat, just watch out cause it can be a fire hazard. pay close attention to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh try typing "home made cure boxes" or "cure box" something like that in google or in the search bar up in the top right hand corner but you can still fiberglass during really cold weather trust me i had to do it. pics are in my wip thread for proof

If you have a seperate room set aside (as in you're not outside, you shouldn't glass in your living space, that stuff's toxic), then a decent fan heater should help you out. Just set it back from your piece, so there's no direct heat, and rotate it (the piece, not the heater) periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back