Finished Pepping My Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylkon

Jr Member
So I finished pepping my helmet (Hi-def Mark IV) and the opening is just a little too small for my head (I have a huge noggin). Am I better off fibre glassing it and just shoving my head in it later (plenty of room for my skull inside) or trim it a bit so my head goes inside?

Also, I am very barrel chested. Any advice for scaling the chest piece? I seriously stand 6'2" and if my shoulders and chest were any bigger/broader, I would have to have suits custom tailored to fit me(I am right at the cut-off).

DO NOT shove your head into a helmet. If it's hard going in, it's going to be hell coming out (just pray you have your ears attached afterwards). And you can scale pep files to fit just about any body type, just try building a low-def model first as a tester.

Samuray said:
Got any pics as a reference for the helmet to head ratio?

Lol, my camera is currently in my wife's purse, and she's at work, so no. However, I did scale the helmet to 6'8" because I know I have a huge head. (I stand 6'2") Also, I misquoted the model. I don't know which model it is, but here's the link [http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1648]. It is literally only hitting my ears on the way in, so will just sand away part of the entry and line with a smooth rubber cover. Also, part of the helmet (back of the neck) will probably be replaced with a foam piece for comfort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back