First Armor Build - Deadline: Release of Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizNerd

Hey guys! New here, and I am in need of some help, from those who have made a successful build of a suit of armor already. I am taking the pep route, resin and fiberglass, with bondo, and a painted finish. I am planning on airbrushing the finished product as well. I am however in a bit of a pickle. I have two months to complete this set, and I have already found some files that I have downloaded, and begun to use. I did a master chief test helmet. I am at the bondo process of that helmet. How ever, I would like to know what kind of glue other people have used, and if anyone has any advice about the under armor. I am going to try and make a foam rubber under armor for better mobility, and more accurate to the game. I am hoping to have this done for the release of the xbox one, and hope to have everything perfect.
Thanks for anyone who has any time to help out! :D
-DizNerd

My advice would be to put something in the "Help! for: Pep" thread if you want to know what glue to use. I personally have used PVA with pep to good effect, but the final product was not very good. I tend to use foam. Also, foam rubber for an undersuit? I imagine that would get rather, well... warm, to put it nicely. I would look here first, before trying to procure an undersuit.

If your going to set such a short deadline I suggest making foam armor. I have attempted both ways and found that any piece that I make via pep and bondo can be made in a tenth the time when using foam. Personally I also was able to get better looking pieces with foam.

Regarding what glue to use for pep work I used Gorilla Super Glue. Heads up, if you use this either be extremely careful or be prepared for a whole new world of frustration because it's about the quickest acting and strongest glue of it's kind I've used. If you get it on your fingers it leaves an impossible to remove layer behind. Okay so it's not impossible to remove but it takes some extreme scrubbing to get it off. Those are the cons, the pros are it's pretty bad ass at holding up and a simple pedegg of cheese grater does a good job at cleaning the crap off your fingers.

As for the undersuit, I'm not sure how your hand is at sewing but what I've seen people doing (and I plan on doing this later) is taking a black single piece body suit much like under armor and the cutting out the muscular rises out of foam and then sewing fabric over it to hold it in place and give you the scientifically engineered body look.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back