First build - Jorge, Halo Reach

This is turning out so well. Interesting what you have going on in there with the bike helmet and the headset, looks super secure and functional.

How is the stability of your boots? I've seen other builds basically make EVA foam pumps and I wondered if it might be too squishy, especially while walking around in armor. I was thinking about using calto shoes but yours turned out so well that now I'm second guessing
Sorry I missed this when you posted it. So I used SKS Props 10mm high density EVA foam for my platforms with sketchers on top. I made one piece foot pattern for the foam building up 4 layers on the toe and elevated the heal to 6 layers. I hot glued the platforms to the sketchers. When I say hot glued them, I hot glued the F#%k out of them, filling in every hole, nook, and cranny full of hot glue. There is probably 10 sticks of hot glue in each boot.
Since they are slip on shoes (I didn't want to have to tie them after putting on the thighs and shins) the one piece platform sole cause my heal to slip out when I tried to walk in them. I then cut out the middle section in the arch area so the shoe would flex as I walked. Final result added 3 inches to my height 6'4" to 6'7". With the helmet on I'm 6'9".

I added a layer of sole rubber I found on Amazon:

I did remove the gaff tape seen in the first picture as it didn't stick well. I then scratch patterned the rest of the boot armor around the elevated shoe. Lesson learned: I should have made the platforms to fit the boot armor, not the sole of the shoe (of course use the sole of the shoe to ensure it is big enough). The boots are relatively comfortable to wear. The wide sole makes them quite stable for me. I do have to walk a little bow-legged in the shoes so the two shoes don't collide when I walk. Here's a video of me at HCS:

I hope this give you a good insight into how I make these and what choices I made. Again Sorry this is so late

307006614_10225616741479208_1119482127424887539_n.jpg
314836165_676234047329275_8577691642313532147_n.jpg

Having a massive Jorge build will always be breathtaking in the end. It'll be amazing to see a actual 7 foot tall Jorge someday! I can't wait.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back