First Build: Spartan Emile and Spartan Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Update time, I finished the structure sets and let me tell you they where not easy to get on there and secure them. It is imperative that if you try to assemble this thing make sure you double check the size of everything as well as where pieces line up before trying to attach them to each other. Had some trouble in the first attempt, luckily I was able to make corrections quickly enough before doing some permanent damage. So in the end I'm over all satisfied with the outcome, could I have done better? Probably I feel like the back part of the structure is a little lopsided. I'm going to try and fix that with a heat gun and see if this corrects the issue. Also as far as the whole structure itself, noticing that it is foam and will probably become lopsided over time I figured I add some security measures and installed a steal pipe from the barrel to the back handle. Its light enough that you really don't notice, but stronger then PVC or aluminum so I don't have to worry about any flimsiness. This will also help when I have to install the forward grips which will be tonight along with the buttons and tubing that connect to the drum. The grip will be under the steal pipe so that the weight will of the gun won't cave in on itself when I pick it up from the middle.

Can't wait to show this thing off complete, but here is a little tease for now.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg

Monster of a piece vivalablake89. I love it. Fantastic job. Is it hard to carry? I can already see the droop in the barrel section in the pic w/ it on the floor. Is the steel pipe doing to be enough....and will it pass security?

Monster of a piece vivalablake89. I love it. Fantastic job. Is it hard to carry? I can already see the droop in the barrel section in the pic w/ it on the floor. Is the steel pipe doing to be enough....and will it pass security?

Thanks Dirt, I think it was drooping up in those pics because of the cup and sanding block I had it rest up against. But it stays pretty straight when in hand and the Pipe is super stiff not wobbly like a pvc or aluminum pipe, but not heavy either so it doesn't weighs a lot. And it shouldn't be a problem with security because all the metal parts are being covered by foam. I don't think I see anyone having a problem with this.

View attachment 238894
Well that's the greatest thing I've seen all day....hell of a job man, excited to see the finished product!

Another Gif to add to my collection mwhahaha, thanks for the kind words brother!

I'm with Schankerz, this is the greatest thing I have seen all day and my day is at its end. WOwwwww....

I have no words anymore, just, amazing...

I'm just happy to be of service ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back