First build: Thom A293 based concept armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
At long last another update. Not a large one sadly, but hey an update is a update. On the light machine gun front, the foregrip, sight, barrel, stock, buttpad, main receiver are done (if I messed something up mblackwell1002 let me know). The pistol has received a bit more work, completing the main body of the pistol but still need to finish the red dot sight and stock.
pistol%205_zpscaeryeit.jpg

Moving on to more foamie work, the cod piece is built, I will be getting a belt for it to attach too, that's why it is just in separate pieces. After the boots, I'm off to the abb wrap and all the armor detail which shouldn't take me to long.
IMG_20170319_071436_zpsutmdc3je.jpg

IMG_20170319_071456_zpsteofeglm.jpg

IMG_20170319_071523_zpshxt6sasj.jpg

First runner up once the boots are done is on the detail list! Bwaa haahahahahahhahhahaha.
unit_zps3mlzehq8.jpg

that magnum is papeesheewoosh! It is very detailed! well done! I foresee no problems with the model, it seems good to go!
your foamwork...Ha! amazeballs!

Small update:
Booty's are done :D:D:p.
IMG_20170321_095128_zpssdvxrrfa.jpg

IMG_20170321_095826_zps0coagc17.jpg

IMG_20170321_101322_zpsrt9twmum.jpg

IMG_20170324_090605_zpsenvnfqor.jpg

So one of the pictures is of me with one side on, this was before I finished the other. They add quite a height increase due to the boot itself and the foam underneath that which is acting as the base for the boot pieces to connect to. The boot inside each doesn't come out, they are hot glued down to the boot and I doubt that the glue will come undone.
A, I used a lot of hot glue.
And B, the boots are military airdrop boots, so they really hold there shape as well as onto your ankles, so you can't rotate too much. Even though it is quite a pain to get in the EVA covered boots (like a minute + a boot), the drop boots being so stiff kind of protect the shin and foam boot from squishing each other.
Another good thing is since the concept shins are so narrow at the bottom, these boots perfectly fit up in them and provide enough cover so you cant see anything underneath.

Anyways, ta ta for now;).

That is absolutely phenomenal my friend, you are nailing the whole militaristic, armoured feeling of the concept art, I may just be saving all your progress pics on my computer for future references...

No there are no moving parts, it's just a static lmg. The stock is adjustable, but it should be glued down at whatever spot. The msg can also be removed, it's going to be held in with magnets
Still cool! Sometimes it's better not to have any stuff moving.

Over the shoulder thingy is built and attached to the suit! I finished it a few days ago but didn't get the time to post. The abb wrap is cut out, dremmeled, and heat bent, all I need to do is assemble it! Then off to the suit detail, there is quite a bit but it should not take to long.
IMG_20170329_0402151_zpsblujrfpg.jpg

IMG_20170329_0403261_zpsiknvqpsx.jpg

IMG_20170329_0402381_zps7vqucszj.jpg

IMG_20170329_0403141_zpsjg5m4d3b.jpg

3r23r3r_zpswjnbiy7j.jpg

I give you the papeesheewoosh star!

Hopefully your suit is done before I deliver your gun, then we could meet in person; in suits! Maybe go to gamestop; the casheirs will probably think it's cool...maybe give us a Spartan discount...lol

Aside for some rough edges and gaps, all of which can be filled/smoothed out, it is an amazing piece of work!!! The detail of the base piece is amazing!!! I can't wait to see when you really put the details to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back