First Foam Build Halo 3 Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jme oh!!! That's really great idea. I'll see if my work has any of those types of plungers when I'm off.

I hope the helmet fits and I'm not a bobble head. It's only a little bigger than the Legendary helmet so I think it should be fine

My pleasure, the benefit of having someone who has made the same armour. ;)

A little bit too big a helmet isn't a problem. It allows room for electronics. I actually wish mine was a bit bigger, if I'm not careful I scrape my head on one of the button switches putting it on.

Got everything sprayed down! Up next is completing the helmet, painting, and then harnessing all my pieces together. Looks like I might be able to jumble this together after all.

IXE7do.jpg

UXKHDM.jpg

It's funny, I wasn't going to bother with damage since I figured I'd make it look worse than my rush job already did, but it made it look 1000 times better.

Yeah, the paint looks great. I agree, doing weathering makes it look way better.

Nice job!

I'll be able to post pictures of me soon, seems to be a great success at ECCC! Thank you everyone!

Reactions: Jme
Are you sure this is your first build? it looks really good! If you haven't already, you should try out a rotary tool like a Dremel, especially for doing weapons. I got one over the Christmas season and used it on a D.Va pistol build for a friend and it changed my life! :D Seriously though, super clean build, love it!

Fantastic work Redheadwolf!!! I agree w/ mblackwell1002. if you do a blackwash, more of the details will show rather than just ....red w/ some scratches. It is very easy to do and you could do your whole suit in under and hour. Thin some black paint w/ water and brush in at every crevice and lower edge of any raised piece of foam.....ie, the divots on the boots. swirl the brush inside along the "wall" avoiding let it pool int he middle. Then w/ a rag wipe away most but not all of the paint. that's it.....it will look like dirt left in the nooks and crannies of the suit.

CrimsonViper97 I was using a dremel, but didn't quite get the hang of it until the end. Next time I'll try to utilize it more for straight lines!

I also did try to blackwash but perhaps I didn't do it dark enough. I was kind of afraid it'd look too cartoony.

I did a black wash and a dirt wash and both were pretty easy. Because you are wiping off the excess it is pretty easy to control the process

CrimsonViper97 I was using a dremel, but didn't quite get the hang of it until the end. Next time I'll try to utilize it more for straight lines!

I also did try to blackwash but perhaps I didn't do it dark enough. I was kind of afraid it'd look too cartoony.

A trick to using a dremel, go softly and keep a firm hand or it will run away from you. And always move the bit in the direction of the rotation. Otherwise it will dig in to the foam and then you'll have another problem.

One thing I do with my rotary tool is keep the speed setting set between medium and low. That way if the tool does run away from you, you can gain control faster and mistakes won't be as severe. I learned that the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back