Good Quality Strengthening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane101095

Jr Member
I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to strengthen some pepakura armor. I already know about resin and fibre glassing but my parents won't allow it so is there ANY NON-TOXIC and cheap way to strengthen but be good quality?

Thanks

I have read somewhere that someone mentioned that you can use the glue for a hot glue gun. You will need to heat up the glue sticks in a pan so you will need to get a pan that will NEVER be used for cooking again. Once the glue is melted in the pan, use a paint brush and then use the glue in place of the resin.

It won't harden as much like resin, but it might suffice. And since you are trying to get it really hard but can't use fiberglass, I have read in other forums that people are using some other stuff that doctors use for casts, I think. I can't remember the name of it, but hopefully someone will mention something. I don't think it's as dangerous as fiberglass.

Well if you have to go the non-toxic route you can chose from

paper-mache

hot-glue method

aqua-resin

paper-mache would be the cheapest but is rather time consuming in order to have it hold and not lose any detail

some people have had good results with the hot-glue method but if you live in an area where is gets hot in the summer that might not be the best choice

aqua-resin is a water based resin which while non toxic you should still use a respirator when sanding it

There are a threads on all three that go in to much greater detail and you wanted end result in some ways kinda dictates which is best for you. And just to mention they are not really any cheaper than traditional fibreglassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back