Halo 2A/5 Battle Rifle BR55

Discussion in 'Halo Props' started by SierraJeep, Jan 25, 2017.

1. MasterSensei

MasterSensei

Damnit man, i expected 91%! Still looks good tho

SierraJeep likes this.
  2. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Alright guys. This will probably be the last update before i complete the rifle and post the finished product. Most of the paint is done!

What is left:
    - Finish the barrel
    - Ammo counter (make it and wiring)
    - Mounting the scope (placed for pic)
    - Remaining paint & further detailing

image.jpeg

Thanks again for all the feedback and tagging along, guys! Remember to ask me any questions you may have.

3. vivalablake89

vivalablake89

Wow just came across this thread, and I gotta say that is some amazing work. The details are flawless especially on the scope but yeah looking good so far, cant wait see it with the barrel!

SierraJeep likes this.
  4. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Thanks! Glad i went with the custom route for the scope. Ties it in better than a look-alike scope off ebay, being accurate and all. I have a few designs for the barrel currently. Deciding between PVC pipe cut into the shape, or a transparent tube with foam built around it to give the illusion of the prongs/flashhider.

vivalablake89 likes this.
  5. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

I like the idea of wiring an ammo counter into it. Nice touch.

SierraJeep likes this.
  6. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

It looks really good now that it isn't lego-colored :DI'm hoping to finish my H2A br blueprint in the next few weeks, so I can hopefully start working on mine. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with for the ammo counter. Will it be static or will it actually count?

SierraJeep likes this.
  7. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

I couldn't find any blueprints for this! I eyeballed the whole thing. Haha. Thats usually what i do for everything i build anyway. The counter's going to be static. I dont care much for it being so sophisticated. Aslong as it lights up, and looks accurate, we're good to go.

8. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I can't do builds without blueprints. I just need some form of direction to get it going :/

9. MasterSensei

MasterSensei

Looks great with paint mate. You do have a suit to match it, right?

SierraJeep likes this.
  10. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

I enjoy drawing a rough sketch first and then measuring everything into proportion! To each his own, man.

11. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Sure do! Finishing up my MkV from Halo:CeA!

12. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Hey guys. I was watching a Halo video just now and saw the Halo 2 style BR55 with a flashlight under the barrel, like how the Halo 3 BR has that second gastube under or whatever. What do you think? I'm digging the way it looks, but i need a little more input before i start chopping. Considering im pretty much done with the rifle. Let me know! Would it be a good addition?

image.jpeg

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I think it looks pretty cool, but I wouldn't say it's worth the time to add. If you don't mind I'd say go for it, but otherwise, I wouldn't say there's any reason to go out of your way to add it.

SierraJeep likes this.
  14. MasterSensei

MasterSensei

Would be a cool addition, wouldnt take to long to add... Your choice.

SierraJeep likes this.
  15. ConservaTom

ConservaTom Recruit

Outstanding! The simple additions to the scope give a nice completion to the profile. And the rivet's and bolts give a superb realism.

SierraJeep likes this.
  16. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

I'll leave that to the next one then. I'm not up for slicing up the finish on the foam. Better safe than sorry. Thanks guys!

17. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Thank you!

I'll have a good quality picture up soon, guys! Just finished the ammo counter.

Edit: ..and barrel, and paint. lol

18. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Okay! Here's a little photo shoot for you guys. I apologize for the red reflection on the rifle in some pics. I'm wearing a bright red shirt and it shines off of the rifle's metallic paint! Haha

What's left:
    -Charging handle
    -light for ammo counter

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Magazine is removable and safety is adjustable btw guys.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And my favorite shot:

image.jpeg

Hope you guys like the outcome and my method of creating one of the most iconic Halo rifles! I'm very pleased. Too bad i have to sell it. lol.
    Also, I will edit the original post to feature the completed rifle and bump the thread when i finish.

Schankerz, Sierra 107 and PaiganBoi like this.
  19. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Oh also, i have yet to add 4 bolts that go on the foregrip. That is coming as well. ;)

Edit: Love this pic too.

image.jpeg

Schankerz and Sierra 107 like this.
  20. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

That looks really nice SierraJeep! I actually just finished a rather large non-halo project I was working on, so I think I'll be building my own soon!

mblackwell1002 and SierraJeep like this.
  21. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Thanks, Frosty. Sweet, keep us updated! Make sure to post it!!

22. MasterSensei

MasterSensei

Looks great mate. super jealious!

SierraJeep likes this.
  23. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Much obliged, man!

24. RetiredClone

RetiredClone Recruit

Well done! It looks amazing, hard to believe it's made of foam :) Is it lightweight too?

SierraJeep likes this.
  25. SierraJeep

SierraJeep Recruit

Thanks! Sure is. Weighs around 2lbs! It still feels authentic holding it though so i decided not to throw in weights like i have in the past for other projects.