Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thickness of the chestplate varies from 5mm to 1mm. I even had a measurement of 0.5mm in a tiny area. That can cause trouble. Good thing is, that the mesh on the inside of the chest is very low poly and it is not too hard to adjust the thickness by hand.

Hello and thank you for parts !! Do you know if someone has a pre-cut bust? Personally thicknesses are not good (see photos) ...
View attachment 32935View attachment 32936

BTW, the shoulder is pretty tricky to print... or to cut... however you want to put it. So I detached the shield from the bicep ring and added two alignment holes where you can put some pins in so it holds together perfectly.

chiefshoulder.png
chiefshoulder2.png

And here is the link to download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwg4k9e8tlvz18s/MasterChiefShoulderbicep.zip?dl=0

Note that the scale is the same as in the original files. You have to scale to whatever size you need it.
CarterBuilder12: you can put the file in the first post of the thread if you like. I'm sure people will be glad about it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and thank you for parts !! Do you know if someone has a pre-cut bust? Personally thicknesses are not good (see photos) ...
View attachment 32935View attachment 32936

I will probably do a redo of that part. It was the first thing I made for 3d printing so you will probably see different methods used throughout the armor. It was a learning curve to how i should do things for high poly modelling and learning new tools in my program.

BTW, the shoulder is pretty tricky to print... or to cut... however you want to put it. So I detached the shield from the bicep ring and added two alignment holes where you can put some pins in so it holds together perfectly.

View attachment 32977
View attachment 32978

And here is the link to download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwg4k9e8tlvz18s/MasterChiefShoulderbicep.zip?dl=0

Note that the scale is the same as in the original files. You have to scale to whatever size you need it.
CarterBuilder12: you can put the file in the first post of the thread if you like. I'm sure people will be glad about it. :D

Nice! i will put it in the first post so no one miss it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your answers guys!
I'll see what happens with an additional thickness

I will return with pictures

Man this is so good, i like the files but i have a question about the 3d printer. Here in my country this tecnology is not too common (but here are places to do it) anyway what kind or model of printer did you use? I want to buy one or maybe go to a place in the downtown of my city to print it. If you can tell me an aproximate size of the printer to choose the right ( i know i can't print all the armor) printer that be useful for this work. Sorry for my english. And this afternoon i will go to ask in that place for the printers and sizes they have. I hope you answer.

Man this is so good, i like the files but i have a question about the 3d printer. Here in my country this tecnology is not too common (but here are places to do it) anyway what kind or model of printer did you use? I want to buy one or maybe go to a place in the downtown of my city to print it. If you can tell me an aproximate size of the printer to choose the right ( i know i can't print all the armor) printer that be useful for this work. Sorry for my english. And this afternoon i will go to ask in that place for the printers and sizes they have. I hope you answer.

I'll probably be shot for this, but a Makerbot might do the trick. Otherwise, you could buy the components and build a RepRap yourself.

I personally use the wanhao duplicator i3 v2 its around 400$ us and the print quality is fantastic its an awesome printer
e99e3810911b337d91b7663e88b55e5b.jpg
21f4cfb646286d5b6288f7b19192f466.jpg
71719499d5b338527b99fea07e56adfc.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Attachments

• e99e3810911b337d91b7663e88b55e5b.jpg
    e99e3810911b337d91b7663e88b55e5b.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 21f4cfb646286d5b6288f7b19192f466.jpg
    21f4cfb646286d5b6288f7b19192f466.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 71719499d5b338527b99fea07e56adfc.jpg
    71719499d5b338527b99fea07e56adfc.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 304
Yeah, i was thinking in that like a C Plan ( if i can't buy one or print the pieces) just i need to wait my pay of this month to make a choice. I saw some models of Makerbot but the only thing that made me still undecided are the measurements of the printer (i know that i can´t print all the armor) even so i want to choice the proper for this project. Sorry for my english again.

That looks so good. In a store of my country i saw the same printer in 10.400 pesos ( 546 usd) if i buy a printer maybe will be one of that wanhao or makerbot (but makerbot is not to common) thanks for share the photos, they are very helpful that´s what i wanted to see. Sorry for my english again.

That looks so good. In a store of my country i saw the same printer in 10.400 pesos ( 546 usd) if i buy a printer maybe will be one of that wanhao or makerbot (but makerbot is not to common) thanks for share the photos, they are very helpful that´s what i wanted to see. Sorry for my english again.

It's fine! And feel free to ask questions - we have some really talented members here who would be more than happy to help you out with getting you started. Good luck!

Your welcome if im not wrong the wanhao print space is 8x8x9 inches

Thanks man i hope i can buy the printer this month, if not maybe will be the prefect present for christmas

I got a problem with my wanhao duplicator i3 v2 yesterday i was printing the chin part of the helmet and when i was almost at then it stopped printing so i started a new print today and it stopped again when i came back from school does anyone know how to fix this im pretty sure its not due to an electric shutdown because my printer is connected on an emergency power unit
047923807f44a3bdbc1872a89dcc5c99.jpg
aeb8497124bab68b0ffe4ba294a4dc31.jpg

Attachments

• 047923807f44a3bdbc1872a89dcc5c99.jpg
    047923807f44a3bdbc1872a89dcc5c99.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 263
  • aeb8497124bab68b0ffe4ba294a4dc31.jpg
    aeb8497124bab68b0ffe4ba294a4dc31.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 318
I don't mean to offend, but shouldn't the technical issues be discussed in a different proper thread?
It's Carterbuilder's thread about Master Chief model he made, not about 3d printing overall and problems with it and other off-top.

- Palmer

I got a problem with my wanhao duplicator i3 v2 yesterday i was printing the chin part of the helmet and when i was almost at then it stopped printing so i started a new print today and it stopped again when i came back from school does anyone know how to fix this im pretty sure its not due to an electric shutdown because my printer is connected on an emergency power unit http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161108/047923807f44a3bdbc1872a89dcc5c99.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161108/aeb8497124bab68b0ffe4ba294a4dc31.jpg

I don't know what causing this, but it's not the model because I and other have printed this without problem. I think it may be a slicer problem, I would recommend that you put the part in the slicer again and make sure that all layers are in the layer preview, then make a new gcode file of that.

I don't mean to offend, but shouldn't the technical issues be discussed in a different proper thread?
It's Carterbuilder's thread about Master Chief model he made, not about 3d printing overall and problems with it and other off-top.

- Palmer

I find it okey to discuss problems here about printing my model, then i can get an overview if there is a problem with the model it self. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back