Halo 4 Helmet Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i saw that you guys wanted a tutorial on unfolding. so i threw one up one youtube. it's not the best but it'll give you something to do while you wait for sonny to upload a vid.
here's the link:
comment on it if there's anything you think i should explain better
thanks,
CrazyDav0

EDIT: i took the video down because spartansonny's thread is a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so that's what you've been up to? haha. =P

For those not on my stream, I've gotten a ton of progress on the Air Assault done, I'm actually surprising myself. I'm still streaming if you're up to checking it out, but don't know how much longer I'll be.

yea, i'm actually putting together my halo 4 warrior torso for my spartan iv build and streaming your vid, btw nice music!

Agreed. I'm waiting on the helmet myself, and have taken multiple cracks at unfolding it, and can say that, as with most of monkeyfuj's models, this one is very detailed and not an easy unfold. Even once it is in that stage get ready for a tedious pep. Sai is the man if anyone can unfold it, he can. Just give him the time he needs. And as a side note Id like to personally thank all of the modelers and unfolders that do such amazing jobs, without you guys our hobby couldn't and wouldn't exist, thank you!

Happy-oh-stop-it-you-l_large.png

And CrazyDav, Search up "Monstercat" on Youtube. It's what's playing over the airwaves here on the stream. Good stuff <3

Has there been any mention of the ranger helmet? I'm pretty sure I'm the only one wanting it lol. I tried my hand at modeling but I just don't know where to start ...kudos to the ones that cam

Alright, this is the only request I'll make for a Halo 4 Helmet, CIO. I don't know what about it, but in my opinion I think it's the best of the helmets, and more my style. I know everyone's busy, just put it on the list of "whenever you have time :p ".

Great work everybody, especially Statyk, keep it up!

-Seth

alrighty my tut is up RIGHT HERE If I happened to miss anything let me know through a PM

@Statyk i wanted to watch but I was doing the tut lol. oh well, maybe next time ey?

And to all the great responses from everyone else and to all who want to learn, here it is for the taking. Only a couple hours of going back and forth and reunfolding an old halo helmet lol. had fun with it though for sure. I just hope it helps everyone out.

I'm offline now. =P Got a ton of progress done, so I'll be streaming tomorrow around the same time if anyone would like to check it out, assuming I have nothing planned. Hope to have it done tomorrow night. The livestream really helped me stay on task and I got live feedback on anything that seemed off and it was REALLY helpful. Thanks for that Halcyon =]

No problem Statyk, anytime you need a second pair of eyes or some more pics, dont hesitate to give me a shout... Im still amazed at how much you were able to do.

Great job, I cant wait to start unfolding this Helmet!

Chris

hey guys i saw that you guys wanted a tutorial on unfolding. so i threw one up one youtube. it's not the best but it'll give you something to do while you wait for sonny to upload a vid.
here's the link:
comment on it if there's anything you think i should explain better
thanks,
CrazyDav0

EDIT: i took the video down because spartansonny's thread is a lot better.
Really? Aww shoosh.... i didn't even get to see the vid, darn. BUt thanks Davo for the comment! and for the help out in the unfold area with your video. do you think i should add anything to it? Being a fellow unfolder and all if you have anything to add let me know and I will point credit in your direction :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you have pretty well covered everything in that tut page. i even learned a thing or 2 from it. also i am fairly new to all of the pepakura and armor cosplay stuff. i have only been using pepakura since early-mid last year. so i only know the stuff needed to do a basic unfold. if i find anything you might want to add to the tut thread i'll let you know. on a side note if anyone wants the scout helmet 'foam ready' pep file, PM me or sonny with your email.

CrazyDav0 :D

i used to just use pepakura to open and print files, like we all start out to do. But than I learned how to unfold because i wanted a certain project on the spot.... even though I am not working in that project right now lol. Thanks for the input Davo!

yea, as you may already be able to tell i have grown fond of foam armor building, so now i both unfold and use my foam templates. i had a go at modelling, but i can't quite do it properly yet. it's amazing what i've seen monkeyfuj and Statyk do.

CrazyDav0 :D

Just wanna let the other modelers know I'm doing the Raider helmet. No one probably requested it but I do it just for the sake of getting all the helmets modeled. Plus its my favourite helmet :p

Here's how it is so far

raider1024x576_zps28324f18.jpg

Looking good so far. I'm fairly certain the Raider will become a popular helmet once more people unlock it. The detail of it is going to make it interesting to unfold, to say the least. But I'll still take a shot at it once it's available if no one else takes the task.

Thanks, trying to make it as low poly as possible. Really hard with these tiny details :| I'll send it to you once I'm done

Yea, it's hard sometimes to tell which details to keep and which ones to just gloss over to be added after the pep work. What you have so far seems like a good balance of distinctive shape without being detailed to the point of hinderence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back