Halo 4 Helmet Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you 555.he sent the model thank you bud. when i get home i will try it out and see what i can do.i shall be home tomorrow really, look Jeff for The release file

All finished on the Air Assault helmet. I'll leave it up to some of the those who requested to unfold it to take the job at unfolding as I don't have the time or patience. =P Hope you like!

halo_4_air_assault_helmet___pepakura_by_statyk94-d5rhvco.png

Thanks guys =]

If I get some free time, I'll try taking up on another helmet. But for now, I need to focus on some stuff! I also have 4 people on the unfold now. A little much, in my opinion (one or two is doing a foam unfold if I'm not mistaken) but I think I'll set it to that limit. Thanks again everyone. :D Can't wait to see the builds of it. I love seeing people bring the models to life <3

I just have to ask, has anyone requested the Mk VI Classic helmet variant? Noticeable changes to its design include a boxier appearance, a latch in the rear of the helmet where one would normally insert an AI Data Chip, and a redesigned neckgaurd.

STATYK
Great job on that air assult model. If I didn't already have to many sticks in the fire I would jump on this one.
Jim McCrea

Air Assault by STATYK is now ready
Modeled by Statyk, unfolded by spartansonny

266984_559223070772210_1564084496_o.jpg

THis was a nice project to unfold, great job Statyk.
If you are waiting for the raider I apologize, this model is a difficult unfold. if anyone else wants to tackle it please let Fathi555 know and ask for the file to unfold. until than i will pick away at it.

ENJOY

I'm still working on unfolding the Raider as well. It is certainly a bit tricky, particularly around the "ears" towards the back of the helmet. I may have to go against my usual style and make some smaller pieces, but hopefully it won't be too difficult to pep when I'm done.

Raider... really not my type, but still cool.

I really like how it's only 14 pages. I just got done putting together the Air Assault helmet and half way through Recon and I must say, those have so many god damn parts... They've costed me 5 days to get through (through 1.5 lol)

No really those have like 20 pages or so EACH and many small skinny easy to rip parts :( gotta stop complaining though air assault turned out really nicely

Has anyone considered modelling the Defender helmet? I really want to start off my new build.

defender.jpg

I can't model it but I can always do the unfold. Oh I have a video capture card too if any one needs reference pics of what ever let me know.

I really like how it's only 14 pages. I just got done putting together the Air Assault helmet and half way through Recon and I must say, those have so many god damn parts... They've costed me 5 days to get through (through 1.5 lol)

No really those have like 20 pages or so EACH and many small skinny easy to rip parts :( gotta stop complaining though air assault turned out really nicely

Please watch what you say curseing is not nessesary.

Its hard on some models to get the paper print numbers down low. i mean with the Air Assault for example, i could have got it down to fifteen pages possibly, but that meant an increase in small parts and more cutting and gluing than what I like to do personally, so the bigger parts have much more of a negative space impact on the layout, which in turn means more paper :( i opt for bigger pieces with less cuts and tabs to glue as possibleand also less pieces to cut out as the pep stage for me is the hardest part to get through.

SpartanSonny, I agree with your method wholeheartedly, I actually try and mimic it. I figure larger, easier to cut parts are far better than tiny, nigh impossible to cut ones even if it sacrifices a smaller page count.

@RedJak Sincerely sorry, I'll try not to swear on here from now on. Sorry!

@Spartansonny & Kyre I didn't mean to say you should change the way you unfold or anything, I didn't say the model sucks either. I was just moaning about how tired and sticky my fingers were getting LOL.

The past few days have been pretty smelly, I've been printing/scoring/cutting/putting together 75 pages worth of Halo 4 because I'm trying to get this armor together, and then I have to put the respirator on and work with sticky stuff and I just got done messing up the Air Assault that I was working on... and now I have to get my book open for the final. SIGH

The work will pay off though, so I gotta shut my mouth and stop complaininggggggggggg

BTW Happy Luther King Junior Day! Honor those who serve (served) our country!

no apologies needed buddy. i was just simply explaining the process lol. as to why these projects end up the way they do. i took no offense whatsoever to what you said. believe me though, i wish i could make these easier. only time and practice will help with that lol. i just started unfolding a month ago, still a rookie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back