Halo 4 Master Chief foam build *unfinished* (with templates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey rainbow i have another noob question for you lol. How did you attach your biceps/triceps part to your shoulders? I using your files and I was looking at your shoulder pics and seen there's something behind it? Was curios because there's nothing on the file.

hey rainbow i have another noob question for you lol. How did you attach your biceps/triceps part to your shoulders? I using your files and I was looking at your shoulder pics and seen there's something behind it? Was curios because there's nothing on the file.
µi used some small pieces of velcro,
but just hot glue should do the trick

Hmm, that shin protector thing is a great idea, I wonder if you would get the same effect just using a knee pad. And it doesn't slide at all?

Everything's coming together superbly btw. :)

Thanks, I was trying a knee pad before, didn't like it, but you could get a simmilar effect with just a knee pad.

Well, I glued it together :D Well, you could use velcro, but the biceps and shoulder pieces belong togehter and aren't meant to be seperated. So you should connect them permanently. For one shoulder i took a piece of foam so there would be a little space in between. ;)

shoulder_biceps_connection.jpg

Thats a sexy leg ya got there :p

Thank you sir. :p

Oh, and did I show you the Battle Rifle already? ^^
Primed and ready to paint. :p

battle%20rifle.jpg

Hey rainbow dash, so the files that you are using are the ones above the "Not recommended due to inaccuracies" ?? Also the pieces are overlapsing the pages, are they suppouse to be printed that way or do you have to place them right on each page?? Sorry if this was answered but i just jumped in the thread to watch the wip of yours lol cant stop looking at that armor and was in a hunt for h4 chief files since there a couple that are well mm not good for foam building.
The more footage I see from the upcoming Halo 4 game, the more I become attuned to the new armor.
I really like the tankish heavy new look, I think 343 did an awesome job on the redesign of the chief's armor. So it's time to build one for myself. :D

First question: Are there any foam templates out there by now?

If that's not the case, well, i guess I have to do it myself.
I already started unfolding some files and I wanna share them with you guys.
If anybody's going to use them, let me know what you think about it.

Boots: (by KingRahl)

boots%20v2.jpg
Download H4 Boots Foam Template

Shin (by Rhinoc)

shin%20improved.jpg
Download H4 Shin Foam Template

Thigh (by KingRahl)

thigh.jpg
Download H4 Thigh Foam Template

Ab Plate + Cod (by KingRahl and Rhinoc)

cod_ab.jpg
Download H4 Thigh Foam Template

Butt (by monkeyfuj)

butt.jpg
Download H4 Butt Foam Template

Torso (by monkeyfuj)

torso.jpg
Download H4 Torso Foam Template

Forearm (by KingRahl)

forearm.jpg
Download H4 Forearm Foam Template

Biceps (by L3X BLU3R1V3R)

biceps.jpg
Download H4 Biceps Foam Template

Shoulder (by monkeyfuj)

shoulder.jpg
Download H4 shoulder Foam Template

handplate.jpg

Not recommended due to inaccuracies:

Shin (by Rhinoc)

shin.jpg
Download H4 Shin Foam Template

Mirror

Front Cod: (by monkeyfuj) (not recommended)

Download H4 front cod

Mirror

Simplified Back Cod: (by yeinso) (not recommended)

Download H4 simplified back cod

Mirror

Hey rainbow dash, so the files that you are using are the ones above the "Not recommended due to inaccuracies" ?? Also the pieces are overlapsing the pages, are they suppouse to be printed that way or do you have to place them right on each page?? Sorry if this was answered but i just jumped in the thread to watch the wip of yours lol cant stop looking at that armor and was in a hunt for h4 chief files since there a couple that are well mm not good for foam building.
Yep, most of them. Not recommended are.. uhmm. well.. not recommended. For the forearms i took Rhinoc's files but used some details from this template, same for the shins. Also the shoulders are a bit tricky, I did not cut it 1:1. Actually I don't think there are overlapping pieces, sometimes the page dimension is set to 560x560mm, because that's the dimension of an ordinary foam mat and I often use a laser cutter to cut the foam. You have to set it to A4 or Letter and rearrange the pieces yourself. Sometimes pieces are bigger than an A4 or letter page, then you have to divide some faces or print the piece on multiple pages.

Well, I think it's time for a little update, nothing big, I had time and did the detailing for the forearms, not 100% game accurate, but I like it, and that's the most important thing.

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

Very nice, love the details man. As long as you have fun with the build it doesnt matter. besides it looks accurate :) cant wait to see it painted !!! . I got a question though, where the green foamies are, how did you made those triangular pieces?? am having a little trouble making them look perfect for the boots that have them on the top part.
Yep, most of them. Not recommended are.. uhmm. well.. not recommended. For the forearms i took Rhinoc's files but used some details from this template, same for the shins. Also the shoulders are a bit tricky, I did not cut it 1:1. Actually I don't think there are overlapping pieces, sometimes the page dimension is set to 560x560mm, because that's the dimension of an ordinary foam mat and I often use a laser cutter to cut the foam. You have to set it to A4 or Letter and rearrange the pieces yourself. Sometimes pieces are bigger than an A4 or letter page, then you have to divide some faces or print the piece on multiple pages.

Well, I think it's time for a little update, nothing big, I had time and did the detailing for the forearms, not 100% game accurate, but I like it, and that's the most important thing.

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

Rainbow dash, you mentioned that you use a laser engraver... what type of laser engraver do you have and what settings do you use to cut the foam? (frequency/speed/power)

Although you might have some glue overflow, your foam cuts look AWESOME!!! Such clean edges! :D

Rainbow dash, you mentioned that you use a laser engraver... what type of laser engraver do you have and what settings do you use to cut the foam? (frequency/speed/power)

It has been a while since I used the laser engraver the last time, but as far as I remember I used these settings: Speed 3%, Power 100%, PPI 1000. But every machine is different, you have to find a setting that cuts through the foam but as fast as possible, you can always reduce the speed, but you will have to wait uneccessarily longer. ;)

hi, where did you get your foam, and what is the underarmor back piece you have?

I got my foam from a local store here in Austria, won't be of any help for you. As for the back protector thing, it's this one http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001TOO9O4/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Although you might have some glue overflow, your foam cuts look AWESOME!!! Such clean edges! :D

Thanks HaloGoddess, good to see you're still around in the forums. :)

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

Hey, the forearms that you made really don't match with any templates I have seen, and I have done a lot of digging. Do you have templates for these forearms specifically? because they do not match Kingrahl's, and I have not seen any forearm made by rhinoc that looked like the ones you have here.

Hey, the forearms that you made really don't match with any templates I have seen, and I have done a lot of digging. Do you have templates for these forearms specifically? because they do not match Kingrahl's, and I have not seen any forearm made by rhinoc that looked like the ones you have here.
I can confirm that that is indeed my file, not my favorite file i've made but Rainbow seems to be pulling it off well
I'd give a link for ya but i have no idea where it is, been months since i've been on this site.

Everythings lookin REALLY good Rainbow Dash!

I can confirm that that is indeed my file, not my favorite file i've made but Rainbow seems to be pulling it off well
I'd give a link for ya but i have no idea where it is, been months since i've been on this site.

That's exactly what I mean, I can't find it.

Thanks Rhinoc. :)

That's exactly what I mean, I can't find it.

Actually it's right in his first post. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37468-Rhinoc-s-H4-Build?p=622056#post622056

Everything is starting to come together really well. It's so clean looking, I can't wait to see it done.

P.S. thanks for all the templets, I couldn't have made mine armor without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back