Halo Night - Florence, KY - July 30, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

Hello all, We've been contacted by the General Manager of the Florence Freedom Professional Baseball team to drop in again for another Halo night. Some of you may have seen photos from last years event and some may not. So lets recap. They are looking for Spartans and Halo cosplayers to attend an event at the ballpark. Specifically: a Halo night! The details are below.

11782431_883193678421545_921411811860599383_o_zpsblhptnvy.jpg

Halo Night - Florence Kentucky

Date: July 30, 2016
Where: Florence, Kentucky
Gates Open: 5:05pm
Game Time: 6:05pm

Event Details:
-Greet fans as they enter the stadium
-Participate with between inning promotions
-Be on the field to assist with throwing first pitch
-Be on the field with birthday boys/girls as the crowd sings happy birthday
-Stroll around concourse for photo ops with fans

Food & beverage will be provided for the event, including beer.

What I need from you:
Photos of you in your suit. The baseball team would like to hand out Halo Night posters with your image on them to fans as they are coming into the stadium.

Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/437119699812882/

Please contact me or Cadet if you would like to attend and can make it. I will need the photo of your suit when you message me to send to the General Manager. From there, I can confirm who will be there and let you know!

11782431_883193678421545_921411811860599383_o_zpsblhptnvy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Troopers. I just wanted to chime in real quick, as the game is this Saturday(!). I know that many, if not all, of you attending have done events in the past, perhaps a convention or doing a game release. However, if you will excuse the pun in this case, this event is a whole other Ball Game. Last year’s and this year’s game are still some of the very first times that someone other than 343i has officially reached out and requested the 405th to appear and support their event. The fact that it is our Regiment doing so is something I am very proud of.

The fact is that because we have been invited to participate in someone else’s event, it also carries with it a certain responsibility to present ourselves in the best possible fashion. This event affords us the opportunity both to foster and continue our relationship with the Freedom, which Ryan has done an excellent job of creating, and to also help spread the word and bolster the 405th’s reputation which will hopefully open doors to different events with different organizations down the road.

I am in the process of creating a “New Member’s Guide / Event FAQ” with Fangs for the 405th, that, for example, outlines what to expect at Official 405th Events. While still a work in progress and not formal or official yet, I wanted to share the sections on Event Attendance with you here real quick, just so those of you coming out have an understanding of what Division Level Staff and our Event Requesters expect of our attendees, and to possibly answer some questions you might have or hadn’t even thought of:

https://docs.google.com/…/1xy-cplPJsRA8j996jP9W_4uHWm…/edit…

As always, feel free to reach out to me or Ryan here, on the Boards, or privately if you have any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back