Halo: Reach Elite Ultra build

Status
Not open for further replies.

eblisbey

So, after my out-of-state move totaled my work on my Spartan build, I figured lets try something different.

In Halo I always loved playing the Elite in multiplayer when I could. I always liked being the different one. So, why not make a set of Elite armor for just that purpose?

I hope to keep up to date on this as best as I can, I do tend to space cadet these sort of things :D

I started with the helmet for this build, as it looked to be the most difficult piece. Boy was I right! Currently I am about 3/4s of the way through pepping the helmet, and with the slight scale up I needed to fit my massive head a few of the pieces stretched a bit, making the pieces not quite fit as well as they should. Easily worked around, and of course being a pep in full color, flattened 3 ink cartridges so far (in fairness, 2 were half empty)

Pictures!
This first one is early in the build, probably about 4-5 hours in. The left side of the facemask was just finishing taking shape, and was starting to hint at the actual size of this beast. The ring around the back actually will sit up near the back of the head, not near the neckline. The second is at the same time, with a couple of spray paint cans holding the loose pieces up, as well as a reference for scale.
20160607_010334.jpg
20160607_010407.jpg

The third picture is after about 8-10 more hours of construction. At this point the right point is completely assembled, leaving only the left point to finish. I ran into a few issues with pieces not wanting to line up properly, but i was able to make it fit fairly well. A few bulges did form in some of the flat areas, but they can easily be fixed with a little bondo later down the line.

20160608_041707.jpg

Internally I am planning on mounting some sort of camera and display to allow me to easily see out of the mask, as the eye ports are about where my temples will sit. Also the top is roomy enough to easily fit a couple fans, and a power supply to maintain these devices. Thankfully theres lots of extra space inside the points! Its overall length from front to tip is about 40 inches, and will end up about 24 inches wide at its widest.

I'm hoping the rain they are forecasting holds off for a few days (unlikely in the pacific NW) so i can get this resined ASAP. More to come!

Attachments

• 20160607_043819.jpg
    20160607_043819.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 20160608_030648.jpg
    20160608_030648.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 330
Its overall length from front to tip is about 40 inches, and will end up about 24 inches wide at its widest.

I'm hoping the rain they are forecasting holds off for a few days (unlikely in the pacific NW) so i can get this resined ASAP. More to come!

Looks amazing and massive! Idk the dimensions of a full scale elite helmet, but is this to full scale or to your height?

Looks amazing and massive! Idk the dimensions of a full scale elite helmet, but is this to full scale or to your height?
It's scaled to my height, and im 6'5... The Elites range from 7ish-8.5ish feet talk, so im sure its close to scale. I did however have to scale the file up a tad for me, but not too much.

After about 6 more hours (and many many burned fingertips lol) I've finished pepping the helmet
20160608_170046.jpg20160608_170059.jpg

(The bandaid box is keeping the spacing for the moment)

Im keeping an eye on the local radar for a break to get it resined, hopefully I can in the next day. Next is the few other ultra pieces I have prepared, but then I have to piece together the rest (shoulders, forearms, thighs, feet, chest). Once I have them separated from the master I hope to upload them as individual parts

This hasn't been updated since June of last year. Please don't bump dead threads over a few months old, as it pushes down newer content. namakazi1024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back