Hello Guys, Need Some Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordz

Hello guys, i found this forum searching how to make a master chief's costume. So i downloaded everything and got surprised that you need 15 pages to make an assault rifle :eek

So, i don't know what paper to use. Can i use normal A4 paper?

[attachment=11368:prepaid.gif]
Swordz said:
Hello guys, i found this forum searching how to make a master chief's costume. So i downloaded everything and got surprised that you need 15 pages to make an assault rifle :eek

So, i don't know what paper to use. Can i use normal A4 paper?

You need to set the program to letter paper, and I recomend you use cardstock to print on to. I hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane101095 said:
You need to set the program to letter paper, and I recomend you use cardstock to print on to. I hope this helped.

He doesn't need to use letter paper. If he can get A4 in cardstock form and the pdo is set for A4 format paper then that is what he should use. In many ways is is far better to use A4. Long pieces that should be long pieces are kept as once piece cutting down on seams thusly making things easier when you go to do detailing.

Swordz said:
If i set to Letter, the pieces get out of the paper. So no problem printing with A4 set?

As long as the unfold was done with the intent to use A4 there should be no problem.

Ok, but i'm almost sure that my parents will not let me use resine and those things :( (i'm 15)

damn, i love build things. specially weapons/armors.

If your printer prints A4, you have A4 cardstock paper, and the page settings and print/paper settings are set to A4, you're set to go.

Ignore them, They don't even know what they're talking about.

Check tutorials my friend.

I am also 15 but that hasn't stopped me.

For a start you'll need some cardstock. Paper wont work.

What you can do is build in paper to test the size. and if its good rebuild in cardstock.

For tutorials:

Pepakura scaling and printintg tutorial

Be sure to read it all.

If you need any help hit me with a PM or send me a MSN, I'm always glad to help new guys, Especially my age.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
If your printer prints A4, you have A4 cardstock paper, and the page settings and print/paper settings are set to A4, you're set to go.

Cool. I just need A4 cardstock. Thanks.

Bought some paper and printed. Man, it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring painting the folds, but i will not surrendah!

Then i just saw that there was something (probally the place that shows the ammo) outside the pepakura's print area. GAH

2r6k3rq.png

P32 said:
As long as the unfold was done with the intent to use A4 there should be no problem.

+1 this is correct

check the title of the pepakura file if it says either letter or A4

you can movie pices from place to place. its not that bad.

iam 15 to so were all freinds here.

just move that bit to the paper when you print.

Oh wait, are you talking about the visor of the ODST in the pictures in that thread? Because if so, the ODST isn't my costume. Weta desinged and produced them for the Halo short films.

But, you could make the visor from vaccum foruming (ODST), a normal motercycle helmet mask (Master chief), a Binder (any), prety much anything that is clear, or the colour you want the visor to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back