• Intake Fan - Blows the air into the helmet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exhaust Fan - Blows air out the helmet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farris said:
This is a stupid question, but are helmet fans really necessary or just a nice to have?

I'm going to be wearing an underarmor heatgear balaclava over my mouth so I wouldn't think the fogging would be THAT bad. Am I wrong?

Not a stupid question, dude. After all, you'll never know if you never ask, right? ;)

To answer that, helmet fans are kinda necessary as many people without them installed in theirs have found the visor fogging up a major issue. Even if you have a belaclava over your mouth, since the inside of the helmet is such an enclosed space you'd still have a lot of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Well, if I have time before D*C, I'll wire one in. But, considering that I'm crashing to finish, I doubt I will. And, with all the padding I'm putting in, I'm not sure I can fit a fan in there. It'll be rough just getting the light batteries in.

well for me i dont have that helmet. but if i did. i would like to keep my entire head cool. so try putting 2 small 1 or half inch fans at the mouth peice. and if you look on the top of the helmet those two inlayed parts on either side of the head? cut two intake slots at the back of them put two intake fans on either side. then take that air and make some air tubes (fish tube water compressor tubes work) cut holes in them figure out a air containment system and make the tibes go all over the helmet on the inside with the air holes pointing inward. keeps your entire head cool and breatheing is good. but remember to cover any fans with a mesh so hair or tougne dont get cught in the mix of it all when your wearing it.

If you can only have one, i'd say blowing into the helmet, it'd keep it cool and help to defog, but if possible both would be great to create a constant flow

@ Farris. Like my old french teacher used to say, it's only a stupid question if you dont ask it :)

Sorry to highjack your thread Macattack but, where could i possibly put fans in an odst helmet? Could someone put Xs on a picture please, that would be helpful.

also. whats the smallest fan you guys have worked with?

smallest fan i have worked with. in a non armor application would be a diamiter of half inch or 1/4 inch... half inch and above for armor projects. cause then you dont need to surface mount anything just screw bolt or glue things

CommanderFluffy said:
smallest fan i have worked with. in a non armor application would be a diamiter of half inch or 1/4 inch... half inch and above for armor projects. cause then you dont need to surface mount anything just screw bolt or glue things

where they hard to find? Because im thinking of placing 2 in each vent of my odst for intake fans. then one larger on at the back as a exhaust fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back