Status
Not open for further replies.

PANIK33

hey guys and girls
here is one of the most monumental cockups in the history of cockups
my spartan chest
Picture0013.jpg

Picture0017.jpg

its way to big shoulder to shoulder and to big front to back is there any way i can fix it without having to do another build as tbh i hate pepakura right now after making the all the bits to my chief exept the chest and the left arm to have such a huge setback and i would happily never do another pepakura project in my life but ive always wanted a master chief so i have to finish this one but i dont want to spend another 40 odd hours building it again i will go insane

so if anyone has any tips on how i can make it smaller and still look right any help would be much appreciated
thanks guys n girls
ron
PANIK33

yeah sorry dude but rebuilding it is really the only way. doing my suit i rebuilt each piece at lest once to get the right scale.

Looks like a rebuild to me or the foam build route if you hate peping, you may also be able to use some thick under armor to fill it out, but I would just redo it, It sucks doing it twice but at least it will fit better next time

Sorry to have to say it... BUT a rebuild is the only option.
I've had to redo a few myself, its just part of the hobby and its expected that this will happen.
I had to accept it and move on.

Otherwise your progress is very good. Keep at it! Your on your way to having/being a great Chief!

Cheers!

Basically just restating what others have said but it looks like you are going to have to rebuild it. You could try to cut down parts like the over the shoulder parts but I think it would be worth it to just rebuild it. It may be just me because I'm a noob but working on my suit I have had to rebuild about every other piece and its a pain! Make sure you are dot on when measuring so it doesn't happen again.

I would say you rebuild this too. Even without rebuild and putting lot of foam padding, your scale will be like uhmmm improper because other parts have to be bigger scale too.

Don't scare about the rebuild! I build my chest 2 times :p because the first one is broken!

Sorry to say it, but pepakura doesn't shrink in the dryer. This means that a rebuild is the only way, buddy. I have faith in you, though!

thanks guys im trying some bodge trimming and its going quite well i think but i will take some proper shots not with my shitty webcam hehe
for you guys to see it after ive finished trimming it down abit what ive done so far is cut about 3 inches of each underarm peice off and cut it right down the middle on both the front and the back then overlaped it by about 2-3cm so its looking better but not right yet im gonna give it one hell of a go before i have to rebuild it
thanks for your help guys can i ask what is an average hight from top of the shoulders to the underarm bits supposed to be so i can try to scale it right this time hehe to give me the jeneral idear so i dont put it at 22" when it should be 19" or something like that
thanks guys
ron

Please watch the language!!! (it will get you into trouble round these here parts of the internet. . .)

Looking forward to seeing how you ghetto rig it to work though lol
Good luck!

Omega

sorry man wow you lot are strickt on swearing im sorry if it offends people but i wasnt using it ina bad way only to describe my terrible webcam but i won't do it again

thanks man i hope to have some better pis up of my mods to the chest tommora

This is the look you get with an oversized chest piece. Not very good.

CIMG0001.jpg

However, a properly sized chest piece looks great, and you have MUCH better flexibility. I could hardly bring my hands together in that suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back