Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

redotter

Introduction:
Used to have time on my hands, had some limited experience in a special effects shop and used to be a 3D artist [back in the 90s]....

I had started work on doing a storm trooper suit back in the 90's the old body cast/clay mold vacuum forming way, however a team mate stole our completed clay helmet and most our supplies and the task never got completed.
(Nathan who moved from Vancouver to new-york if you're reading this, pray we never meet!)

Since then I had always wanted to complete a suit. I was going to do a Mark V suit back in 2005 with a friend, however I got a job in a different province and was unable to complete it.

I recently learned about Pepakura... WOW, much easier and more accurate than clay sculpting. This is something I'd like to try.

I have now a wife and a new baby so time is limited, however I figure it's something I can work on over a long stretch of time (years) and hope to get some friends on board.

Projects completed: Custom Aluminum Light saber with EL blade. Currently upgrading to sound and Luxeon blade.

Projects interested in: Recon suit slight modified to use tricks (such as how to keep armor from shifting and leg/arm flexibility) learned from that crazy canuk Troy [See his trojan s video.. warning, troy is a bit... eccentric to say the least, but he has some very good points... I think he's the only person who's donned a "real" armor suit and run around in it for any length of time. http://www.inventortroy.com/]

caio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back